Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cannot find a local engine builder to complete this build and my plan to have Alfa9 do the build is indefinitely on hold due to the border being closed.

So I am selling my new never installed Scara73 twin scroll turbo kit with custom borg warner turbo, tig welded custom manifold and heatshield, custom de-cat 3in downpipe, forged lightweight pistons and connecting rods.

I have wrapped the downpipe and manifold with heatshield already.

Everything you see pictured is included.
Cost me 4740 EUR according to the invoice which is ~5650 USD at today's exchange rate not including shipping from Italy and duty.
Asking 5250 USD for everything pictured shipped anywhere in North America.

Not keen on separating items but...

Lightweight forged Italian RP rods with ARP hardware and lightweight forged
Pistal Racing pistons can be purchased for 1800 USD shipped anywhere in NA.

Turbo, manifold, custom decat downpipe, heatshield and miscellaneous parts can be had for 3750 USD shipped.
Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Asphalt Road surface
Storage basket Tints and shades Basket Rectangle Pattern

Hat Headgear Grey Sun hat Creative arts
Gas Auto part Metal Nozzle Valve
Hood Automotive tire Helmet Automotive lighting Tire
ed

·
Registered
402 Posts
Very tempting...If you don't sell it quickly I might not be able to resist.

GT customs in Pickering Ontario could put all that together for you if that's what's holding you back. They have experience taking the engine in and out, engine builds, custom manifolds, LSD's, clutch and maintenance for the 4C.

Everything I've seen them do is top notch.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. Because of where I work and what I do I can't even leave my region until this pandemic is over. I guess I could flat bed it there though. Cheers!

Reactions: DanK

·
Registered
562 Posts
Cannot find a local engine builder to complete this build and my plan to have Alfa9 do the build is indefinitely on hold due to the border being closed.

So I am selling my new never installed Scara73 twin scroll turbo kit with custom borg warner turbo, tig welded custom manifold and heatshield, custom de-cat 3in downpipe, forged lightweight pistons and connecting rods.

Cost me 4740 EUR according to the invoice which is ~5650 USD at today's exchange rate not including shipping from Italy and duty.

Turbo, manifold, custom decat downpipe, heatshield and miscellaneous parts can be had for 3750 USD shipped.
View attachment 115642 View attachment 115643 View attachment 115644

View attachment 115645 View attachment 115646 View attachment 115647 ed
What ECU mods are required or supplied with this upgrade, and again that question always asked about gearbox able to withstand HP output?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What ECU mods are required or supplied with this upgrade, and again that question always asked about gearbox able to withstand HP output?
I have the alfaworks race ECU which is supplied with a twin scroll turbo specific tune supposedly good for 420hp.
I cannot comment with any certainty on how well the oem.clutch or transmission internals would hold up. I was planning Kevlar clutch and quaife lsd to beef things up...

Reactions: Sir5n and alfa1105

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hello, it's been 8 months since you started this discussion, have you sold your Scara73 Twin Scroll Turbo kit with all the parts together, yet? If not, what about the injectors-will they need to be upgraded and correct me about this, the Alfaworks racing ECU, that was specifically for this kit for 420 hp and that is what the twin scroll is estimated to make and will the fuel and ignitions systems need to be recalibrated? Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello, it's been 8 months since you started this discussion, have you sold your Scara73 Twin Scroll Turbo kit with all the parts together, yet? If not, what about the injectors-will they need to be upgraded and correct me about this, the Alfaworks racing ECU, that was specifically for this kit for 420 hp and that is what the twin scroll is estimated to make and will the fuel and ignitions systems need to be recalibrated? Thanks
Hey there no sale yet stopped trying as I had hoped to make some arrangements to have the engine built and kit installed but covid kept going limiting my ability to travel and time didn't really permit a project like this. Works with stock injectors as per Enri at scara73. Race ecu comes with a tune file good for 420-450 hp on 93 octane with stock injectors that is specific for the alfaworks twin scroll kit which I am told is basically the same. I was told just build the engine with upgraded pistons and con rods, install the turbo and exhaust manifold, upload the twin scroll specific tune supplied by alfaworks and you are good to go. However I'm certain that some tuning would be necessary after the fact. Nice thing about the race ecu is you can tune with your laptop in real time with free software but of course dyno is helpful Anyway, thinking of selling the 4C now so open to selling the twin scroll kit as pictured above.

If I just had a good local engine builder it would already be in my 4C...shame.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there no sale yet stopped trying as I had hoped to make some arrangements to have the engine built and kit installed but covid kept going limiting my ability to travel and time didn't really permit a project like this. Works with stock injectors as per Enri at scara73. Race ecu comes with a tune file good for 420-450 hp on 93 octane with stock injectors that is specific for the alfaworks twin scroll kit which I am told is basically the same. I was told just build the engine with upgraded pistons and con rods, install the turbo and exhaust manifold, upload the twin scroll specific tune supplied by alfaworks and you are good to go. However I'm certain that some tuning would be necessary after the fact. Nice thing about the race ecu is you can tune with your laptop in real time with free software but of course dyno is helpful Anyway, thinking of selling the 4C now so open to selling the twin scroll kit as pictured above.

Hi Joel, sorry to hear about your difficulties, I know it's really tough in Canada now. I'm not that far from you because I'm in Michigan, closer to Windsor. I have a few things that I need to check on with the added info you've supplied, I'll get back to you soon. Take care. One question, you have dealt with Enry of Scara73, how well did it go, any problems? Again, thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Joel, sorry to hear about your difficulties, I know it's really tough in Canada now. I'm not that far from you because I'm in Michigan, closer to Windsor. I have a few things that I need to check on with the added info you've supplied, I'll get back to you soon. Take care. One question, you have dealt with Enry of Scara73, how well did it go, any problems? Again, thanks
PM me regarding the last question...

·
Vendor
142 Posts

We have our engine builder standing by for winter 2.0 liter builds... What's going on with the border? Can you crate the motor? That's surely the easiest way to consider doing it if you have the ability/time to pull it out. Please PM or email to discuss options.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts