Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo 4C Spider
13 Posts
Several Italian 2 wheeled toys for me, although I think I'm getting ready to let the MVs go. I just don't ride them anymore. The Vespa probably gets the most action, my wife and I ride that aroud our neighboorhood in the evenings. View attachment 114332 View attachment 114333
Very nice collection and garage! I’m thinking about a Vespa and Fiat 500 as well, but I’m running out of garage space 😄 The MVs are awesome!

·
Registered
2015 4C Madreperla White
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Before my 4c my life consisted of moto bikes. Raced motocross for years, then started restoring and racing vintage bikes. Lost count but well over the 100 bike count. No Italians bikes but we do have Swedish, Japanese and Canadian! Here are some of my favourites but the collection is slowly dwindling as I get older...

View attachment 114337 View attachment 114338 View attachment 114339 View attachment 114340 View attachment 114341 View attachment 114342
Awesome collection! We live near Temecula, CA—known for two things: motocross and wineries. The folks at Doffo Winery have combined the two, check out their Motodoffo Collection. We go out there every year for the Kurt Caselli Foundation benefit.

·
Registered
2015 4C Madreperla White
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Nice choice, Mateo! I have had a 2021 Supersport 950 on order since mid November, to replace my BMW K1300S. The BMW has been great, but at 6 years and 60k miles, it is time to change bikes or start overhauling $BMW$ parts. Hopefully the Ducati will arrive in early April. I am looking forward to the new bike, but am hoping that I made the right decision, going from shaft back to chain and dropping a ton of power. Even correcting for the Ducati's 25% weight savings, I'll be down at least 20% on HP & torque across the entire rev range. Oh well, the 4C isn't the highest HP car, and it is still amazing fun, right?

Back to the original thread, there is still Italian 2 wheeled company in the garage, though, as I have raced a Colnago Bititan since 1995 (of course full Campagnolo :)).

Have fun- stay safe!
Thanks! That SS 950 should be perfection—it addresses the one major shortcoming of my bike, the considerably outdated display. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed by the power. 110 hp doesn’t sound that impressive, but I honestly wouldn’t want 1 more hp for street riding. Besides, the L-twin makes enough torque that it’s got grunt where you need it. I’m a fan of lightweight bikes, so it was important to me to have a dry weight near 400 lbs. These bikes really feel like the 4C of motorcycles—they put the technology into the chassis and powertrain and leave the experience unfiltered and uncluttered. I hope your new toy arrives soon!

·
Registered
175 Posts
While I don't have photos at hand, I do have a couple bikes in the garage.

2009 red Ducati Monster 696 (air cooled) with a full Termi kit including intake, ECU, CF and titanium exhaust. I have some other mods like an HID headlight, fender delete, 2 way gorilla alarm, CF bits.

The Ducati was my first bike and Ive had it since 2009. I rarely ever ride it, but I'll probably never ever sell it...

I also just bought a 2020 BMW R1250RS (sport tourer), its an option 719 in bronze with side paniers, topcase, bar raisers, etc. The boxer engines are pretty cool and man is it comfortable.

Id like to scoop up a Triumph TFC Thruxston if the prices ever get in the lower teens.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any of you folks have an affinity for Italian machines of the two-wheeled variety? I’ve been spending a good bit of time ripping around on my KTM Duke during the COVID environment—and I have always had an unhealthy lust for anything with a Ducati badge. So, I just picked up a Supersport (their real world everyday sport bike). Anyone else mixing in some Ducati love??? View attachment 114320
[My 2006 Ducati 999s, 2004 Aprilia Futura RST and 2020 Beta 500 RR-s dirt bike.
125558BE-D9E1-44D5-A96E-076CC667CF2D_1_201_a.jpeg

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been mainly a bike guy for over 40 years and the 4C is the only car that gives me the same excitement I get when riding my Ducatis:

1978 900SS
1999 996SPS
2004 749R
2011 Diavel
2018 Panigale 1299R Final Edition

When I get in to the 4C ever few weeks, even though I think I am a better rider than driver (having done many Superbike Schools from Level 1 to 4 over past 15 or so years), it's just as breathtaking. Incredible car.

·
Registered
2015 4C Madreperla White
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Yah man! You’re covering a lot of bases with those three! My garage contains two sports cars, 13 high-end bicycles, and three motorcycles—Ducati Supersport, KTM Duke, and an old-school Honda XR400 dirt bike (that one is overdue for an upgrade—but you can’t kill em’).

·
Registered
2015 4C Madreperla White
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I have been mainly a bike guy for over 40 years and the 4C is the only car that gives me the same excitement I get when riding my Ducatis:

1978 900SS
1999 996SPS
2004 749R
2011 Diavel
2018 Panigale 1299R Final Edition

When I get in to the 4C ever few weeks, even though I think I am a better rider than driver (having done many Superbike Schools from Level 1 to 4 over past 15 or so years), it's just as breathtaking. Incredible car.
Sounds like you are a true aficionado. That Panigale is a beautiful bike, but I won’t lie—I’m scared of that one😳

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like you are a true aficionado. That Panigale is a beautiful bike, but I won’t lie—I’m scared of that one😳
I had it dyno'd and recorded 201hp at the rear wheel. Incredibly easy to ride though. But the 749R is so sweet. I had BST carbon wheels installed and an 854 cylinder kit. The bike is so light, but the power is perfect for it. Bit like the 4C actually. And at Christmas, I finally kick started the old 900SS after 2 years. My right leg is now bigger than my left leg.... But that sound!!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
You guys have some beautiful machines. I have a bit of a thing for bikes that came out of the CRC in the mid-90s to mid-2000s. Right now I have a 916, a M900, an F4S, a Brutale 750, and first and second gen Cagiva Mitos. I don’t get to ride them nearly as much as I’d like to, but they are the most beautiful machines I’ve ever laid eyes on and I enjoy their beauty daily.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You guys have some beautiful machines. I have a bit of a thing for bikes that came out of the CRC in the mid-90s to mid-2000s. Right now I have a 916, a M900, an F4S, a Brutale 750, and first and second gen Cagiva Mitos. I don’t get to ride them nearly as much as I’d like to, but they are the most beautiful machines I’ve ever laid eyes on and I enjoy their beauty daily.
You're right. The SPS got me back in to riding after too many years working like a mad man, just ignoring the 900SS in the garage. But seeing that styling was just amazing, so I bit the bullet. Rode it some months before I read the manual and saw it had 6 gears! WTF? The old 900SS only had five....

21 - 40 of 58 Posts