Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Friday was a busy day around the barn.
Rain gutters were installed.
The parking lift installation was finalized. We ran it up and down a few times, then put the Giulia on it and ran it up and down a few more timer. Then drove the little red car inside to finish the test. This will be the norm as little red is my daily and the queen gets the top bunk.

Still waiting on the big door that I'm shooting through. Need a gate on the alley side (other side of the roll-up door in the picture) of the barn. There's some other small things still. So close yet so far.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Wow, you guys have awesome garages (and a lot of land to build such mega garages). My Alfa 4C 'sleeps' outside at night, my garage is not big enough to also house the 4C and all other stuff we have there. So no sense in posting a picture ;-)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Holy shit you have ford GT are you kidding me lol. I hate you
Far from ultimate, but a big improvement.

This is what my Florida home garage looked like when I bought it:

And a few weeks later after paint and epoxy floor:

Added cabinets and lift and it became a working garage:

Today:

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts

When you moved the garage door rails up more, where did you put the motors for the garage door? I don't see them anywhere in the new pictures ?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
When you moved the garage door rails up more, where did you put the motors for the garage door? I don't see them anywhere in the new pictures ?
Swapped the standard center mounted motor for a jack screw motor. You can see it in the upper left here (temporarily plugged into a wall outlet until I had it wired into the ceiling). Gained about a foot of lift room by raising the rails.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Swapped the standard center mounted motor for a jack screw motor. You can see it in the upper left here (temporarily plugged into a wall outlet until I had it wired into the ceiling). Gained about a foot of lift room by raising the rails.

Thank you, that is significantly cleaner looking than the big overhead motor!

If you don't mind me asking and you can PM if you'd like, what did it cost to raise the garage door and install the new motor?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Thank you, that is significantly cleaner looking than the big overhead motor!

If you don't mind me asking and you can PM if you'd like, what did it cost to raise the garage door and install the new motor?
It's been almost five years. I don't remember exactly, but I think it was about $1,000 for the garage door guys and the electrician, which included parts and wiring the lift motor into the panel. In addition to raising the rails they had to install new cables for the opener, which doesn't use any of the old opener mechanism.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have the same set up Jack screw motors by lift Masters. Top left and right

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
No recent pictures of my new barn. I've been building things for the barn. Currently working on a kitchenette counter for my wife's studio on the second floor. I have it assembled (dry) with sink and faucet in place. Need to make a few adjustments and take it apart again before doing the final glued assembly and then varnish it.

I built a storage loft ahead of my parking lift at the same elevation as the lift. This gives me a 11x5x7 (WxDxH) long term storage area. I use the car lift to gain access making heavy objects easy to store.

A racing buddy decided he was done racing and got rid of his racer and related stuff. He gave me his old cabinets, the steel stuff from catalogs such as Griot's Garage. Nice stuff that I'd never spend the money on, but since it was free to me... I mounted most of to the walls under the storage loft.

I'm finding that the area under the parking lift makes for a nice big work area. All I have to do is move my Illusive 4C out for the day and I can easily work on big things. I've got the racer (240z) and trailer in the (official) workshop side. That was part of the plan, but makes for a small workshop and getting the trailer in/out is a royal pain.

The official workshop area is mostly done now. I've built a sturdy workbench out of the construction scraps (12x4) so it can take a lot of abuse for a long time. The utility sink and counter is done. Waiting on the kitchenette to be finished so the plumber can come and finish the plumbing. Most of my shop tools are in and on wheels now. I haven't built any shelving yet, that will happen eventually.

My arc welder (stick) is here and working now. I haven't welding anything yet except to test it. It's on a 90 amp, 220 volt circuit. It's a big old thing weighing in at 600 pounds and can run a 300 amp bead.

·
Registered
444 Posts

And a few weeks later after paint and epoxy floor:

Added cabinets and lift and it became a working garage:

Today:

I want all these cars + a Lotus Evora.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts