Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I searched and didn't see a thread for members to show off their home garages. I've seen some on other forums and it's always fun to see how others have personalized their spaces. I'm getting close to finalizing my garage now, just trying to figure out if I want to go with a good acid stain or RaceDeck on the floors...

Currently have a four post lift and the space measures 23'x27'. The back wall has a good amuont of workspace with cabinets and two separate rolling tool chests. This is a separate detached garage for us so I'm trying to make it a dedicated car shop!

So how have other members finished their garages?!?!
I like those interconnected plastic tiles, but what happens when you spill a fluid? (gas,oil or whatever). Will it not just leak thru to the concrete, in which case you would have to remove the tiles to clean up the mess? I am a clumsy & messy person. I wanted a 2 post lift but the ceiling is too low and I do not have the right grade concrete for mounting it. I got a quick jack instead. My garage is cluttered and disorganized. Garages are never big enough !

·
Super Moderator
14,122 Posts
I like those interconnected plastic tiles, but what happens when you spill a fluid? (gas,oil or whatever). Will it not just leak thru to the concrete, in which case you would have to remove the tiles to clean up the mess? I am a clumsy & messy person. I wanted a 2 post lift but the ceiling is too low and I do not have the right grade concrete for mounting it. I got a quick jack instead. My garage is cluttered and disorganized. Garages are never big enough ! View attachment 103561 View attachment 103562
Nice collection (of cars, and memorabilia)!

I'd like to correct you on one thing - it isn't necessarily that garages are never big enough, but rather that Nature tends to fill every vacant spot on the floor and walls, for some unknown reason! :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: Hey, I prop my chargers up on inverted plastic buckets too!

·
Registered
387 Posts
I like those interconnected plastic tiles, but what happens when you spill a fluid? (gas,oil or whatever). Will it not just leak thru to the concrete, in which case you would have to remove the tiles to clean up the mess? I am a clumsy & messy person. I wanted a 2 post lift but the ceiling is too low and I do not have the right grade concrete for mounting it. I got a quick jack instead. My garage is cluttered and disorganized. Garages are never big enough ! View attachment 103561 View attachment 103562
Just love the look of your garage. Trying to get a garage looking proper with the right amount of stickers and signage is not easy.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,798 Posts
He is one of my neighbors (the three of us each have an identical 4C LE. The other neighbors LE graces the cover of this months AROC national magazine with a neat article he wrote about the mods on his 4C). Both of their garages are neat compared to mine. Mine is a small 2 1/2 car garage that houses my 4C and a GMC Acadia Denali.....but also a MIG welder, OXY Acetylene welder, band saw, compound miter saw, table saw, router table, assorted tool chests, metal lathe, milling machine, two kayaks, 3 mountain bikes, and Ranger Quick Jack 3500. Needless to say my garage is a hard working garage with a well used concrete floor... so any effort to make it look pretty is wasted...although I do have a bunch of ALFA posters on the wall ;-)

·
Registered
102 Posts
He is one of my neighbors (the three of us each have an identical 4C LE. The other neighbors LE graces the cover of this months AROC national magazine with a neat article he wrote about the mods on his 4C). Both of their garages are neat compared to mine. Mine is a small 2 1/2 car garage that houses my 4C and a GMC Acadia Denali.....but also a MIG welder, OXY Acetylene welder, band saw, compound miter saw, table saw, router table, assorted tool chests, metal lathe, milling machine, two kayaks, 3 mountain bikes, and Ranger Quick Jack 3500. Needless to say my garage is a hard working garage with a well used concrete floor... so any effort to make it look pretty is wasted...although I do have a bunch of ALFA posters on the wall ;-)
Your garage has Alfa posters & a 4C. How can it not be pretty ???

·
Registered
266 Posts
Phase 1 of my garage renovation has just been completed recently. Really happy with results and process so far but the finishing touches (paint, cabinets and flooring) will be in the spring.

So far a vented gas heater (100kbtu), 4 post lift with sliding 3.5k pound jack, new doors (3 panel triple layer R14 insulated) new LED recessed lighting, high lift (jackshaft) openers and some basic electrical work plus R49 attic insulation has been done. Really opens up the space, particularly given a rather high (16ft) ceiling. Garage has built in audio and is setup for a flat screen that I will mount once the rest of the finishing is done. Really really interested in flooring ideas - latest leader is poly aspartic with a metallic flake... but still trying to figure out options and pros/cons. The more ideas the better.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts