Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As every month and year of my 4C Ownership Ticks over (5 and a bit and counting), my curiosity grows daily as to whether anyone in Australia (or indeed the world) has the same factory/oem manufactured Spec, as my beloved vehicle.

I regularly scour the car market sites, am a regular at the usual suspect Italian Car shows and of course an intrepid participant on the Forum…and whilst admittedly Australia is a big Country (and I reside in the State NSW) …I have yet to see another 4C Spider adorned in Madreperla, in the flesh or otherwise.

It led me to think it may be an interesting topic to hear from anyone else on the forum, who also think/perceive:suspect that their 4C (as manufactured with standard and factory applied OEM options) as well as in their original paint colour, is Totally UNIQUE in the Country where the car was purchased.

Thus, the criteria to be considered a Unicorn Spec 4C in your Country, would be where NO OTHER existing 4C delivered into that Market has an identical match to your vehicle, based upon the following:

Market/Country
Colour
Type (Coupe / Spider)
Drive Orientation
Rim Style
Interior/Seat Colour
Factory OEM options
e.g. Race Pack, Colour Coded Brake Calipers, Leather Pack, etc

Year will be considered irrelevant for the exact match-up and any aftermarket modifications installed post manufacturer/delivery of the vehicle, will also not be a factor for this exercise….as this relates only to the Vehicle Spec, the day it left the factory.

For those playing at home, I’ll take the liberty of kicking this off ..and look forward to many other like-minded Forum Members from around the Alfisti world chipping in… to enlighten, burst the bubble..or to elicit debate…as whether they also believe that no other 4C in their market, was delivered in the Spec, like their own.

Market/Country: Australia
Colour: Madreperla White
Type (Coupe / Spider): Spider
Drive Orientation: RHD
Rim Style: 18”/19” Spoke (Charcoal)
Interior/Seat Colour: Black (Leather)
Factory OEM options: Race Pack, Red Brake Calipers

Happy Unicorning Folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
12,650 Posts
As every month and year of my 4C Ownership Ticks over (5 and a bit and counting), my curiosity grows daily as to whether anyone in Australia (or indeed the world) has the same factory/oem manufactured Spec, as my beloved vehicle.

I regularly scour the car market sites, am a regular at the usual suspect Italian Car shows and of course an intrepid participant on the Forum…and whilst admittedly Australia is a big Country (and I reside in the State NSW) …I have yet to see another 4C Spider adorned in Madreperla, in the flesh or otherwise.

It led me to think it may be an interesting topic to hear from anyone else on the forum, who also think/perceive:suspect that their 4C (as manufactured with standard and factory applied OEM options) as well as in their original paint colour, is Totally UNIQUE in the Country where the car was purchased.

Thus, the criteria to be considered a Unicorn Spec 4C in your Country, would be where NO OTHER existing 4C delivered into that Market has an identical match to your vehicle, based upon the following:

Market/Country
Colour
Type (Coupe / Spider)
Drive Orientation
Rim Style
Interior/Seat Colour
Factory OEM options

Year will be considered irrelevant for the exact match-up and any aftermarket modifications installed post manufacturer/delivery of the vehicle, will also not be a factor for this exercise….as this relates only to the Vehicle Spec, the day it left the factory.

For those playing at home, I’ll take the liberty of kicking this off ..and look forward to many other like-minded Forum Members from around the Alfisti world chipping in… to enlighten, burst the bubble..or to elicit debate…as whether they also believe that no other 4C in their market, was delivered in the Spec, like their own.

Happy Unicorning Folks

….And this is a photograph I took of it on last weeks’ Sofala group drive. I think it’s the only photograph I’ve ever taken of it that isn’t washed-out white. Jeez it’s stunning in that colour. Is this the only Madreperla 4C Spider in Oz or indeed the World? If not, where are you hiding? Photos please.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
2017 BG Coupe/AW 280/AW Blocks/Gale Uniballs/15-25 Otis/215-245 4s/Maxton
182 Posts

Market/Country
Colour
Type (Coupe / Spider)
Drive Orientation
Rim Style
Interior/Seat Colour
Factory OEM options

Happy Unicorning Folks

Please post a pic of your triple tips on my thread"Show us your tips!"

·
Super Moderator
12,650 Posts
Surely that’s an aftermarket front end? So not OEM. Or have I missed something?

Agree that it looks amazing though.
He still has all the oem bits if he wants to put them back on. The point is does anyone in Oz or anywhere else have a Madreperla Spider?

·
Super Moderator
12,650 Posts
View attachment 134184 Well, here’s a phone copy/paste. I could surely find a better copy of the US one (this one) that sold twice in August…
So there’s only ONE in the US? Any better pic? That’s the same trouble I had photographing it. Most shots are washed out and don’t show any of the lustre of Madreperla.

·
Registered
76 Posts
So there’s only ONE in the US? Any better pic? That’s the same trouble I had photographing it. Most shots are washed out and don’t show any of the lustre of Madreperla.
You have to ask John how many there are :)

I don't have better pix of this one, alas. But a quick google gives results in the general case...

Oh. Wait for it! I do have a better view (of the same pic). Let me see...
Plant Vehicle Wheel Tire Car

That give a better idea (of the car I didn't buy. Twice in a week)?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
…to clarify..the original intent of this thread is to hear from Forum Members/4C Owners whether they think their Factory built/delivered Spec is unique in their own market.

So, seeking comments where owners believe that their Combination of Paint Colour, Interior, Wheels and OEM Options is unlike any other 4C has in their respective Alfa Romeo market/country….as of the day that 4C left the Factory.

Whilst there was a relativity narrow list of OEM options and not a huge array of colours and interior choices, I am sure there are a few interesting and unique Factory Built 4C’s, that reside in each market

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,844 Posts
Well....the guy that has a 4C with the wrench imprint in the CF tub cerainly is a unicorn. There is a Madaperla white spider in my club...the Detroit chapter AROC. Next time i see the owner I will get some more info.

·
Registered
684 Posts
From John little over a year ago about mine:

Your spec:

Total Giallo Prototipo Spiders - 179 NA / 148 USA
Total Giallo Prototipo Spiders w/Microfiber - 115 NA / 88 USA
Total Giallo Prototipo Spiders w/Microfiber w/Akra - 3 NA / 2 USA
Total Giallo Prototipo Spiders w/Microfiber w/Akra w/CF Halo - 3 NA / 2 USA
Total Giallo Prototipo Spiders w/Microfiber w/Akra w/CF Halo w/ STD Suspension - 1 NA / 1 USA

So yours is a true 1 of 1. There are no new 2020s in GP so it wont change. Interestingly, most GP cars were 2016 and so despite there being a lot of GP Spiders, there are very few with both CF halo and Akra (7 total, 3 USA 4 Canada - Canada checked the CF halo options much more than USA). So yours with microfiber and those two options is exceedingly rare, add in the STD suspension, and you're the only one.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thar’s what I’m talking about

John is an absolute legend with this info and thanks for sharing your unique Giallo Spider configuration.

Any other 1/1’s in the USA or Canada (Coupe or Spider) based upon factory/optioned specs ?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Here's my stats courtesy of @John4C :
  • Total Giallo Prototipo Spiders – 180 NA (148 USA / 32 Canada)
  • Total Giallo Prototipo Spiders w/Black Microfiber – 116 NA (88 USA / 28 Canada)
  • Total Giallo Prototipo Spiders w/Black Microfiber & w/Track Suspension – 94 NA (66 USA / 28 Canada)
  • Total Giallo Prototipo Spiders w/Black Microfiber & w/CF Halo – 17 NA (7 USA / 10 Canada)
  • Total Giallo Prototipo Spiders w/Black Microfiber & w/CF Halo & w/Track Suspension – 15 NA (5 USA / 10 Canada)
So I have 1 of 5 in the USA, or 1 of 15 in North America.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I was 1 of 1 until a new fridge white 2020 was produced that matched my spec. From @John4C:

Your spec:
  • Total White Spiders - 99 NA / 95 USA
  • Total White Spiders w/Red Leather - 49 NA / 46 USA
  • Total White Spiders w/Red Leather w/Akra - 13 NA / 13 USA
  • Total White Spiders w/Red Leather w/Akra w/CF Halo - 5 NA / 5 USA
  • Total White Spiders w/Red Leather w/Akra w/CF Halo w/ Flag Mirrors - 3 NA / 3 USA
  • Total White Spiders w/Red Leather w/Akra w/CF Halo w/ Flag Mirrors w/o CF vents - 2 NA / 2 USA

·
Registered
2016 4C
77 Posts
….And this is a photograph I took of it on last weeks’ Sofala group drive. I think it’s the only photograph I’ve ever taken of it that isn’t washed-out white. Jeez it’s stunning in that colour. Is this the only Madreperla 4C Spider in Oz or indeed the World? If not, where are you hiding? Photos please.
View attachment 134152
Beautiful kit pieced together. Wow!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts