Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Yowza, those are expensive. $300 a piece? Harbor Freight has a version that they commonly do coupons for at $69/piece. For the home mechanic they're probably good enough: http://www.harborfreight.com/1250-lb-capacity-vehicle-positioning-wheel-dolly-61917.html
From what I've read elsewhere, the harbor freight versions are complete garbage, but I have not seen them or used them so YMMV.

Also, looking at the HF ones in the link, they are probably too high to work on our cars. I have an older pair of go-jacks that look very similar, those won't work on the 4c as they hit the tub before being in far enough to pick the tire up. The zendex ones I originally linked to are the newer low profile version that WILL work with our cars.

I found a set (4) of new zendex low profile go-jacks on eBay for something just less than 900.00 with free shipping. Still spendy, but not quite so bad.

Also, just for the purpose of raising the car just to get the lift arms under it, you can get away with just two. I've found by picking the rear up as high as possible with them, I can get the front and rear arms of my lift under the car at the jack points with a hockey puck between the arm and the for some protection.

Funny thing is, since I got them I find myself using them quite often in the shop as I get a lot of cars that are just a little too low to fit the lift arms under.

Jeff
I've bought enough stuff from Harbor Freight to speak from experience when I say this: Buyer Beware

Be picky. Be touchy-feely wit the items.

A short story:
I bought and installed a truck bed engine hoist rated at 1000 pounds. I didn't like the wench on it and replaced that without using it for a 2000 pound wench. This didn't raise the strength of the hoist, just provided a better wench. First time I used it, failed at 400 pounds. Fortunately nothing was damaged, but ...

I still shop there from time to time, with the same care as before.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I think in 3 pages of post. I actually only saw one post that listed what the price of the oil change was. I went by the Autogallery today and they wanted 399 for an oil change. I asked what they do for the 399. They said they change the oil and top off the fluids. I said, the car uses less than 5 quarts of oil, My 360 uses 11 quarts and Autogallery changes the same price for an oil change. How is that possible? Just makes me think that Autogallery service department is shady. What has been the average price people have been paying at the dealer for a service?

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
I think in 3 pages of post. I actually only saw one post that listed what the price of the oil change was. I went by the Autogallery today and they wanted 399 for an oil change. I asked what they do for the 399. They said they change the oil and top off the fluids. I said, the car uses less than 5 quarts of oil, My 360 uses 11 quarts and Autogallery changes the same price for an oil change. How is that possible? Just makes me think that Autogallery service department is shady. What has been the average price people have been paying at the dealer for a service?
The Auto Gallery owns multiple locations, two of which are Alfa dealers. Be more specific please.

My price at Auto Gallery in Santa Monica is $200

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.