Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings - First post.

I'm getting ready to purchase a 4C Spider. I'm an American, living working in Belgium. I MUST buy a US spec car and have it shipped over, because once I move back to the US, a euro spec 4C cannot be imported. I could purchase a euro spec car locally, but I'd have to sell it before moving back to the US. i dont want to do that.

So.... I have built, restored, hotrodded, etc over 60 cars in my day, so the work is easy, but a rear foglight is the one item that will keep me from registering the car in Belgium. I'd like to source all the necessary parts, and have them on hand, the day it arrives from the shipper.

Without physically owning one yet, I can't investigate myself.

Most importantly;

1. Is the wiring already in-place, and I just need to purchase a switch and a bulb housing?

2. Or is it more complicated than that?

3. Is there any coding involved?

4. I "assume" the 2nd switch (from the left) on the dash is for the rear fog.... but can someone confirm that?

5. Can I replace.... or modify the switch? Or do I need a new one? Or do I need to replace all 5 switches? It it a single unit, or 5 separate units?

Any help/insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Will be purchasing the car within the next 30-45 days, and shipping to Belgium takes 6-8 weeks. So, the earlier I start preparing, the better.

Thanks folks.

·
Registered
2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider - Red Competizione
41 Posts
Just FYI: if you buy a US car, you may have to store it in the US for some time (i.e.: 6 months) before you can import it to the EU without paying import duties, which can be pretty high (20%+ depending on the country).

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Greetings - First post.

I'm getting ready to purchase a 4C Spider. I'm an American, living working in Belgium. I MUST buy a US spec car and have it shipped over, because once I move back to the US, a euro spec 4C cannot be imported. I could purchase a euro spec car locally, but I'd have to sell it before moving back to the US. i dont want to do that.

So.... I have built, restored, hotrodded, etc over 60 cars in my day, so the work is easy, but a rear foglight is the one item that will keep me from registering the car in Belgium. I'd like to source all the necessary parts, and have them on hand, the day it arrives from the shipper.

Without physically owning one yet, I can't investigate myself.

Most importantly;

1. Is the wiring already in-place, and I just need to purchase a switch and a bulb housing?

2. Or is it more complicated than that?

3. Is there any coding involved?

4. I "assume" the 2nd switch (from the left) on the dash is for the rear fog.... but can someone confirm that?

5. Can I replace.... or modify the switch? Or do I need a new one? Or do I need to replace all 5 switches? It it a single unit, or 5 separate units?

Any help/insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Will be purchasing the car within the next 30-45 days, and shipping to Belgium takes 6-8 weeks. So, the earlier I start preparing, the better.

Thanks folks.
Welcome in Belgium!
It would be AWESOME if you can import a Tributo! The first one in Europe! :love:

• Love
Reactions: Ronny Luypaers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey,

I drive a 4c from Kanada(USA) in Germany.

It's possible

I think it's easy.. You ned olny the Orginal European Light (with the E3 Label) and a little bit kabel to install this light.

It's a separate button

Best regards

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey,

I drive a 4c from Kanada(USA) in Germany.

It's possible

I think it's easy.. You ned olny the Orginal European Light (with the E3 Label) and a little bit kabel to install this light.

It's a separate button

Best regards
Thanks..... Much appreciated.

I don't mind running a wire to the housing, but I would like to use the factory foglight switch that is used on European models.

Can anyone confirm which switch controls the rear foglight on a Euro spec 4C?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks..... Much appreciated.

I don't mind running a wire to the housing, but I would like to use the factory foglight switch that is used on European models.

Can anyone confirm which switch controls the rear foglight on a Euro spec 4C?

The US spec switches have a dead spot where the Euro spec cars have the fog light switch. If you want to use that switch location you'd either have to procure and install a Euro spec set of switches or modify the existing version in a US car. There are threads on the forum on how to do the latter. Ask me how I know... ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The US spec switches have a dead spot where the Euro spec cars have the fog light switch. If you want to use that switch location you'd either have to procure and install a Euro spec set of switches or modify the existing version in a US car. There are threads on the forum on how to do the latter. Ask me how I know... ;)
I'd like to "make" my dead switch as "OEM European' as possible. Is there a thread on this forum on how to do that?

I live in Europe, so procuring switches, light housings, etc is easy..... but I need to know what to buy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts