Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may cleaning out my garage and have the shocks and springs from my 2016 Coupe (with track package). The driver's rear shock failed as you can see in the pictures. They have 28000 miles on them.

I can't bring myself to throw them out so if anyone is interested shoot me a price and they could sit in your garage! They would be shipping from Spring TX (77379).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't find that there is. I searched a lot on this topic and I believe the springs are the same. I can't find anything definitive however.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can weigh them tonight. I don't mind shipping to Italy as for cost just make me an offer. I see what they are going for on eBay and that is way to much.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Is there a spring difference between the track pack and the standard?
A fascinating fact has emerged from this project which I wasn’t aware of before. Raceshocks.UK sent my standard non-race damper units to Tractive Suspension for dyno testing and it turns out that the dyno plots and spring rates are identical to Alfa’s 4C ‘Race’ versions. That’s £1500 for a rear anti roll bar and upgraded ARR tyres.

·
Super Moderator
16,224 Posts
A fascinating fact has emerged from this project which I wasn’t aware of before. Raceshocks.UK sent my standard non-race damper units to Tractive Suspension for dyno testing and it turns out that the dyno plots and spring rates are identical to Alfa’s 4C ‘Race’ versions. That’s £1500 for a rear anti roll bar and upgraded ARR tyres.
Most race packs did not come with the upgraded tires either. They are actually quite expensive for what they are.

And the rear ARB became standard on the base suspension in early 2015. However, both front and rear are slightly larger diameter in the race version.

The part numbers for the shocks are different, so I’m surprised that they are the same.

I can tell you this much - without the rear swaybar, and withonly base suspension, the car rolls dramatically.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is interesting. I do agree the sway bar makes a big difference. Upgrading the car to bilstein coilovers was a game changer.

·
Super Moderator
16,224 Posts
LE with track pack

SE with base suspension and no rear swaybar, same corner, just a few car lengths back from above location.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How about $200 +shipping?

More than anything I know we will all regret throwing these parts out in 20 years when original parts will be hard to find.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts