Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if all AROCA members got the email, but the Veloce Racing Association is running a track and training day. Cost, if paying before June 20, is a very reasonable $180. Anyone interested?
Just by chance I’ve had to postpone an eye operation until later in the year due to Covid and a lack of work, so I’m thinking to attend. It’ll be worthwhile.
All Alfa All Racing - Drive Day

·
Super Moderator
6,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m interested. Do you need to hold a membership?
I’m pretty sure you can pay $10 for temporary AROCA membership for the day and if you like us they’ll deduct it from the half yearly membership. I’ll check. Realistically, you‘re driving a 4C so you‘re in. Nobody is likely to ask any questions. There’s also a $25 licence fee for the Wakefield circuit.

·
Super Moderator
6,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys, I got the date wrong. It is July 3, Friday, not 4. I’ve amended the thread title. Apologies.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I’m pretty sure you can pay $10 for temporary AROCA membership for the day and if you like us they’ll deduct it from the half yearly membership. I’ll check. Realistically, you‘re driving a 4C so you‘re in. Nobody is likely to ask any questions. There’s also a $25 licence fee for the Wakefield circuit.
Sounds good! If allowable I’m in. Where do I pay?

·
Super Moderator
6,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good! If allowable I’m in. Where do I pay?
I’ve been onto the site but had a couple of problems like not being allowed to complete the booking without paying for a day licence first but it was stated a day licence could be paid for on the day. I’ll give Alfio a call when I can...At work at present. Use me as a named member if you are applying as a guest. I’ll SMS you my name and AROCA membership number. Payment is via direct deposit with details described in the VRA entry form.

·
Registered
902 Posts
.... Just by chance I’ve had to postpone an eye operation until later in the year ... It’ll be worthwhile.
All Alfa All Racing - Drive Day
Hi Alfanut,

you have just told us that you have dodgy eyes and now you want us to get on a track with you.....

OK - I'm In.... But I will be following you around the track where I can keep an eye on you (that's gonna be my excuse for driving slowly on the day - but don't tell anyone).

Cheers,

Alf.

·
Super Moderator
6,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Alfanut,

you have just told us that you have dodgy eyes and now you want us to get on a track with you.....

OK - I'm In.... But I will be following you around the track where I can keep an eye on you (that's gonna be my excuse for driving slowly on the day - but don't tell anyone).

Cheers,

Alf.
A bloody pterygium. Having it removed before it does any real damage. A consequence of too much sun and no sunnies in my younger years. Booked it in for September.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I’ve been onto the site but had a couple of problems like not being allowed to complete the booking without paying for a day licence first but it was stated a day licence could be paid for on the day... Payment is via direct deposit with details described in the VRA entry form.
Hi Alfanut,

Re the day licence: I just answered those questions N/K for not known on the licence number and 07/03/2020 for the expiry date (mm/dd/yyyy format) and it let me through.

Cheers,

Alf.

·
Registered
902 Posts
A bloody pterygium. Having it removed before it does any real damage. Booked it in for September.
Alfanut - Any issues with the eyes is never fun Mate.

Hope it all goes well with the surgery when you get there.

Cheers,
Alf.

·
Super Moderator
6,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Alfanut,

Re the day licence: I just answered those questions N/K for not known on the licence number and 07/03/2020 for the expiry date (mm/dd/yyyy format) and it let me through.

Cheers,

Alf.
Great. I went to link for the licence and got caught up with all the questions. Forgot my blood group too. Thanks, Alf. I’ll give it another go.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Great. I went to link for the licence and got caught up with all the questions. Forgot my blood group too. Thanks, Alf. I’ll give it another go.
You have to give blood just to get a licence for the day... Those officials are getting a bit personal don't you think?

:LOL:

·
Registered
902 Posts
I had hoped that the licence questions would be fixed by just writing left on one hand, right on the other, and slow on my left boot and fast on my right one

·
Registered
902 Posts
Hi Alfanut,

This VRA trackday is a good price for Wakefield Park - I keep getting an advertisement on my Facebook feed for $275 (and that's with a $20 discount voucher) for the same sort of trackday experience at Wakefield Park with a different group.

We will also be getting a close up look at the VRA competition cars too included in our trackday experience :p

The Alfa family is certainly looking after the group with their competitive pricing.

Cheers,

Alf.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts