Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

VRA track day, Wakefield Park, Friday July 3

3K views 57 replies 7 participants last post by  Alf Alpha 
#1 ·
Not sure if all AROCA members got the email, but the Veloce Racing Association is running a track and training day. Cost, if paying before June 20, is a very reasonable $180. Anyone interested?
Just by chance I’ve had to postpone an eye operation until later in the year due to Covid and a lack of work, so I’m thinking to attend. It’ll be worthwhile.
All Alfa All Racing - Drive Day

#4 ·
I’m pretty sure you can pay $10 for temporary AROCA membership for the day and if you like us they’ll deduct it from the half yearly membership. I’ll check. Realistically, you‘re driving a 4C so you‘re in. Nobody is likely to ask any questions. There’s also a $25 licence fee for the Wakefield circuit.

#9 ·
.... Just by chance I’ve had to postpone an eye operation until later in the year ... It’ll be worthwhile.
All Alfa All Racing - Drive Day
Hi Alfanut,

you have just told us that you have dodgy eyes and now you want us to get on a track with you.....

OK - I'm In.... But I will be following you around the track where I can keep an eye on you (that's gonna be my excuse for driving slowly on the day - but don't tell anyone).

Cheers,

Alf.

#17 ·
Hi Alfanut,

This VRA trackday is a good price for Wakefield Park - I keep getting an advertisement on my Facebook feed for $275 (and that's with a $20 discount voucher) for the same sort of trackday experience at Wakefield Park with a different group.

We will also be getting a close up look at the VRA competition cars too included in our trackday experience :p

The Alfa family is certainly looking after the group with their competitive pricing.

Cheers,

Alf.

#24 ·
Dunno about next Friday, but todays’ run up to Port in the Giulietta was pretty good. Took a diversion up Buckett’s Way to Booral, then turned right along Booral Road to Bulahdelah. A bit bumpy but an interesting route over a small range. Wouldn’t miss Wootton Way/O’Sullivan’s Gap for quids. Never fail to get a good run. One of the best lengths of bitumen in the State and hardly a car on it. I’m hoping for the same for next Friday.

#28 · (Edited)
Thanks Alfanut.

I have flown in to nearby Goulburn airport a number of times and it always seems to be windy there.
There's snow in the hills which takes care of the cold part, so now it's just down to whether the precipitation holds off, falls as rain or snow I guess.

Cheers,

Alf.

Reactions: Alfanut
#34 ·
A super day today fellas. A real hoot. Everyone finished in one piece, even the Aston that went off backwards at the kink at 160+km/h. Hoping to see some pics and video. Dario and Kieran, you should have stayed for the last session. Only 6 cars on the track including our three 4Cs so no mobile road blocks. Not a bad run to and from the track as well, threading through the traffic.
A pity we didn’t get the instruction that was promised. CAMS didn’t give approval for instructors in the passenger seat due to social distancing restrictions that are still in place. Understandable, if disappointing....We’ll have to get a few 4Cs together for a track day at Eastern Creek....A bit closer than the 200km to Wakefield.
That said, Rosie didn’t miss a beat. Really happy with way she went. None of that floating feeling I got with the Pirellis and the occasional tail out stuff was easily caught. No darting too. Happy with the Hankooks, happy with the alignment, happy with the uniballs, and happy with the tune. Not the fastest 4C out there but not too far behind and very happy with the direction I’m going.
After 500km including over 100km on the track, I used 46L and still had 120km range to empty by the time I stopped to fill up a my local servo at the end of the day. Total fuel cost $62.00. Brilliant!
Hopefully bmoody281 can give us some news regarding himself and his 4C entering a local production car race series. It’ll be the first 4C racing in a nationally televised series in Oz. Keep an eye out for it. Fingers crossed it is deemed eligible.
Edit: About the social distancing thing....Airlines are now packing in passengers on flights around Oz yet we weren’t permitted an instructor to sit next to us wearing a helmet that would have been the equivalent of a face shield. I can’t work it out.

#35 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Alfa romeo 8c competizione

Hi Alfanut,

thanks for the company along with Sydney86 and alfa1105 - I had a great day thanks to you guys.

It was particularly pleasing to see bmoody281's track prepped 4C (photo attached) getting a shakedown. I look forward to seeing more of that particular car in the future.

Cheers,

Alf.

#38 ·
Here are a couple of photos I had on my phone. We really should have asked one of the spectators to take a video of us tearing down the main straight.. next time

Attachments

#42 ·
Thanks Alf....I’m your first subscriber on YouTube. That was one sweet sounding 1300GTA.
For those unaware, that white 105 in the last few seconds is the genuine article (1300GTA), brought out from the States and recently lovingly restored to original condition, including the 1300cc engine.
As standard cars go, I reckon a Giulia Quad is one sweet sounding animal too on the track. A lovely snarl.
Looking forward to seeing any in-car video you might have taken.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.