Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Hopefully everybody got a spot who wanted one and there’s no-one on the waiting list. It’s all fully booked.

Less than a week to go now.

What have the weather gods got planned for us to enjoy?

Cheers,

Alf.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Less than a week to go now.

What have the weather gods got planned for us to enjoy?

Cheers,

Alf.
Dunno about next Friday, but todays’ run up to Port in the Giulietta was pretty good. Took a diversion up Buckett’s Way to Booral, then turned right along Booral Road to Bulahdelah. A bit bumpy but an interesting route over a small range. Wouldn’t miss Wootton Way/O’Sullivan’s Gap for quids. Never fail to get a good run. One of the best lengths of bitumen in the State and hardly a car on it. I’m hoping for the same for next Friday.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
I only got something to say that the sixty places were filled and anyone else will be put on a waiting list. I know they have my money. I’ll contact Alfio to see if he has an entrants list or knows where one can be located.

Thanks Alfanut.

I have flown in to nearby Goulburn airport a number of times and it always seems to be windy there.
There's snow in the hills which takes care of the cold part, so now it's just down to whether the precipitation holds off, falls as rain or snow I guess.

Cheers,

Alf.

Reactions: Alfanut
Discussion starter · #30 ·
Hi Fellas, You should have just received this evening a final email from the VRA about Fridays’ track/driver training day. Cheers.
If anyone didn’t get it, please contact the organisers.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
If everyone fronts I think we’ll have at least five 4Cs on track come Friday. There might be one or two from the ACT as well, so not a bad showing for a weekday event. bmoody, Alf Alpha, Sydney86, alfa1105, Alex (not a forum member yet), and yours truly. Maybe more. Looking good.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
A super day today fellas. A real hoot. Everyone finished in one piece, even the Aston that went off backwards at the kink at 160+km/h. Hoping to see some pics and video. Dario and Kieran, you should have stayed for the last session. Only 6 cars on the track including our three 4Cs so no mobile road blocks. Not a bad run to and from the track as well, threading through the traffic.
A pity we didn’t get the instruction that was promised. CAMS didn’t give approval for instructors in the passenger seat due to social distancing restrictions that are still in place. Understandable, if disappointing....We’ll have to get a few 4Cs together for a track day at Eastern Creek....A bit closer than the 200km to Wakefield.
That said, Rosie didn’t miss a beat. Really happy with way she went. None of that floating feeling I got with the Pirellis and the occasional tail out stuff was easily caught. No darting too. Happy with the Hankooks, happy with the alignment, happy with the uniballs, and happy with the tune. Not the fastest 4C out there but not too far behind and very happy with the direction I’m going.
After 500km including over 100km on the track, I used 46L and still had 120km range to empty by the time I stopped to fill up a my local servo at the end of the day. Total fuel cost $62.00. Brilliant!
Hopefully bmoody281 can give us some news regarding himself and his 4C entering a local production car race series. It’ll be the first 4C racing in a nationally televised series in Oz. Keep an eye out for it. Fingers crossed it is deemed eligible.
Edit: About the social distancing thing....Airlines are now packing in passengers on flights around Oz yet we weren’t permitted an instructor to sit next to us wearing a helmet that would have been the equivalent of a face shield. I can’t work it out.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Alfa romeo 8c competizione

Hi Alfanut,

thanks for the company along with Sydney86 and alfa1105 - I had a great day thanks to you guys.

It was particularly pleasing to see bmoody281's track prepped 4C (photo attached) getting a shakedown. I look forward to seeing more of that particular car in the future.

Cheers,

Alf.

Glad you had fun.
I have yet to manage to get more than 2 4C’s on track together up here. Hoping that will change later this year.

Meanwhile, team spirit abounds for Veloster N owners in my neck of the woods. Our last track day...

Here are a couple of photos I had on my phone. We really should have asked one of the spectators to take a video of us tearing down the main straight.. next time

Attachments

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.