Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

WANTED: 4C Coupe Western Canada

3K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  4Canada 
#1 ·
Looking for a 4c Coupe in western Canada. Low km a must, colour not important. Must have options, not interested in a base car. I’m located in Vancouver BC. Thanks
PM or email
stefrossi @ hotmail (dot) com

#2 ·
Looking for a 4c Coupe in western Canada. Low km a must, colour not important. Must have options, not interested in a base car. I’m located in Vancouver BC. Thanks
PM or email
stefrossi @ hotmail (dot) com
Welcome!

The left coast tended to have the most on offer, but I haven’t checked the market out lately.

You likely know this, but you cannot import one from the USA (for the road - un-registered for the track may be possible, but you will not be able to register an American car here - the 4C is not on the RIV list).

I believe that there are several coupes available in Ontario, if you need to expand your search. Shipping across the country isn’t that difficult. Expect to spend a couple grand, and need to wait until they have a truckload to move in your direction. TFX brought mine from Vancouver to London ON a few years ago and did a great job (they move concourse cars, many Porsche cars between dealers, and tons of exotics).

#4 ·
Don’t blame you. I was able to get a forum member to check a couple of them out for me in Vancouver. That, a bit of factory warranty, buying from a reputable dealer, and lots of photos helps.

Best of luck in your hunt. There will be a car out there for you. But once you find one, don’t dally. This forum is full of “while I was getting my shit together, the vendor called me to say the car was sold”.

#6 ·
I bought mine sight unseen from a Quebec dealer and he could not have been more helpful. I confess I was a bit worried about wiring the money (recommend title on transfer) but had them checked out by a few people and did some reasonable checking myself. Was a bit shy of $3,000 to ship in covered container and had it inspected locally upon delivery (with the selling dealer guaranteeing assurance).

#8 ·
#10 ·
5 year car with 33,000Km (20.000 miles) is about perfect for a seasonal car.

Much less, and you're asking for trouble from under-use, IMHO.

If you want a garage queen, be prepared for all the headaches that will entail (unless you are just going to park it and look at it yourself - then it's no problem when things aren't lubricated, seals dry up, tires get flat spots or dry rot, etc.)

Since the coupe was discontinued a few years ago now, you'll be harder and harder pressed to find virgin examples. April won't be any different from Today, but after that people will be adding miles again.

Good luck.

#13 ·
OK, so low miles. And a Coupe.
Looking on Auto Trader (which I'm sure the OP lives on like I did when I was searching for mine), and there are a couple good examples each in BC and in Quebec, and one in Aurora, Ontario.
The black one in PQ has an extended warranty, and given it's a 2015 with 1,700 km on it, I would venture to say you'll need to use that.

But you'll need to part with between CDN $60 and $70,000 in order to take one of these home with you. Don't see that going down much, if I'm honest.

There is also that rarest of beasts in Quebec - a "Coupe Spider" :D (it's really a Spider).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.