Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even thought I bought a fully loaded 4C, the original owner never got the trickle charger. Does anyone know where I can get one in Australia or a suitable Jaycar alternative I can just leave on for a month when I travel.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The Alfa branded one is pretty weak. I got the Ctek MXS 5.0 for about $90 USD. Works much better, and has options for AGM batteries also.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Alfa branded one is pretty weak. I got the Ctek MXS 5.0 for about $90 USD. Works much better, and has options for AGM batteries also.
repco have ctek at 35 percent off for the next 3 days. Just confused aboutthe difference between the mxs 3.8 and 5.0. Can anyone enlighten ?

·
Super Moderator
6,476 Posts
repco have ctek at 35 percent off for the next 3 days. Just confused aboutthe difference between the mxs 3.8 and 5.0. Can anyone enlighten ?
Go to the CTEK site and read about them in the link below. MXS-5 slightly heavier duty and has a couple more functions. It’s a charger. Both are pretty cheap. I know the 3.8 works but if you want something a little better, buy the 5. I didn’t think I needed anything more than the 3.8. Simply personal choice.
MXS 5.0
https://www.ctek.com/products/vehicle/mxs-3-8

·
Registered
319 Posts
Either one is good. the factory charger works at a max of 0.8 amps, so that is too weak for many purposes. The 3.8 or 5.0 will do great!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I installed the charger with eyelets, and added the 8 foot extender and ran it into the trunk area. I did not want to cut new holes in the trunk, so I ran it under the rubber trunk gasket, so I am a little worried about pinching the wire from shutting the trunk on it. I might cut a little notch by the trunk light, and run the wire through there instead. When charging I just rest the trunk shut, not all the way latched.

·
Registered
319 Posts
It’s kind of small, like an M6 bolt diameter or so (about 1/4”) for the opening size, about 3/8” outside diameter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts