Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
39 Posts
Have a search of Mateus’ posts. I remember he supplied photographs too. As I recall, it’s a bonnet off job.
Yep the bonnet needs to come off but I like to be pretty sure of what I'm doing before tearing into something. As common as this issue seems to be I'm surprised there isn't a detailed procedure on fixing it. I had a similar experience with the sunroof on a Lincoln MKS so when I finally did the fix I made a Youtube to help others. I'll likely do the same with this issue on my 4C. No hurry I have several vehicles to get me where I need to go, but it is 4C season and humid so I'd like to address it sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I think someone mentioned on previous posts a fix by removing the drain bolt from a holding tank?? Something like that.

·
Registered
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
39 Posts
Have a search of Mateus’ posts. I remember he supplied photographs too. As I recall, it’s a bonnet off job.
I had the bonnet off once already to charge the AC with 1234yf. I see the pictures and I recognize the location of the AC evaporator under the bonnet but there is no reference to the location of the suspect valve or drain. I don't want to get the bonnet off and have no clue where to go from there. This is one of the issues with such a rare vehicle, it's hard to get information and when you do it's not very in depth. I took the car out today after sitting for a couple of weeks and half way into a 40 mile round trip I got a foot bath on the driver's side and even worse on the passenger side. I love this car but it's starting to get on my nerves, things like this should not happen on a $70K car or when they do there should be a recall. This could actually cause an accident if an unsuspecting driver started getting water on their leg and looked down to see WTF was going on.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts