Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope we see more on this forum.....and eventually see the real cars.....post # 1....eh !

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Timmies? Tim Tam?
"Timmies" is Canadian code - if you claim to be a citizen, and don't know what it means, they execute you at the border!

So that fate does not befall you, I'll let you in on the secret.
"Timmies" is short for Tim Horton's Donuts. This is a national institution. There is a franchise on every street in every city in every province.
The word can refer to the restaurant, or the product - being donuts, "timbits" (donut holes, to Americans), and/or coffee.

It's were we all go after (before, or during) hockey games, and on our way back to our igloos after a hard day on the permafrost.

And it is now being exported around the world. I found this image in the Dubai Mall, of all places!!!

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
"Timmies" is Canadian code - if you claim to be a citizen, and don't know what it means, they execute you at the border!

So that fate does not befall you, I'll let you in on the secret.
"Timmies" is short for Tim Horton's Donuts. This is a national institution. There is a franchise on every street in every city in every province.
The word can refer to the restaurant, or the product - being donuts, "timbits" (donut holes, to Americans), and/or coffee.

It's were we all go after (before, or during) hockey games, and on our way back to our igloos after a hard day on the permafrost.

And it is now being exported around the world. I found this image in the Dubai Mall, of all places!!!
Yip, over here it's not as successful because the igloos melt real quick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts