Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was dreading that while I was reading some thread today. I was driving and I got "Transmission issue, see owner manual". I scanned the car and it says "P0842" Transmission fluid - Pressure sensor - Switch A - Circuit low. I could not ship to All-Weather or Dynamic mode.

·
Super Moderator
13,291 Posts
I hate to say it, but you seem to have an AWFUL lot of problems with your car, Samy.

I'm hoping you're not really a troll. I feel for you, but seriously, I've never seen or heard of as many problems on one 4C before.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate to say it, but you seem to have an AWFUL lot of problems with your car, Samy.

I'm hoping you're not really a troll. I feel for you, but seriously, I've never seen or heard of as many problems on one 4C before.
not trolling . I’m on my way to the dealership now . Probably the reason you hear about it is because I daily drive the car and I’m vocal about the issues I have

·
Registered
880 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,296 Posts
What year was your car made. Sounds like they installed the trans flash that was called for back in late 2016 or 2017. It was to cure similar issues as yours. If your car is much newer I am wondering if there is an even more recent trans flash issued.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What year was your car made. Sounds like they installed the trans flash that was called for back in late 2016 or 2017. It was to cure similar issues as yours. If your car is much newer I am wondering if there is an even more recent trans flash issued.
It’s a 2015

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was dreading that while I was reading some thread today. I was driving and I got "Transmission issue, see owner manual". I scanned the car and it says "P0842" Transmission fluid - Pressure sensor - Switch A - Circuit low. I could not ship to All-Weather or Dynamic mode.
Hello Samy,
We are sorry to hear about your recent concerns. We suggest having your dealer inspect this concern if you have not done so already. Please let us know via private message if you decide to have your dealer look into this and would like further assistance.
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello Samy,
We are sorry to hear about your recent concerns. We suggest having your dealer inspect this concern if you have not done so already. Please let us know via private message if you decide to have your dealer look into this and would like further assistance.
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares
Hi Laura,

The issue was fixed. I would like to know what can and can't do when it comes to issues such as these. I believe you can only refer the users to a dealer close to their location right? My problem is that the transmission is obviously the weak point of this car. Many members had their transmission swap under warranty.

I think Alfa should look into this and do some kind of recall/investigation. My warranty will expire in 43 days and I'm starting to sweat bullets.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I can vouch for Sammy. He is a buddy of mine and fully legit. He daily his 4C. Sammy, you should be good with the flash. Some of the earlier cars came with a different program that was giving issues to the transmission. Don't sweat it. It should be all good from now on. I would test the battery too.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can vouch for Sammy. He is a buddy of mine and fully legit. He daily his 4C. Sammy, you should be good with the flash. Some of the earlier cars came with a different program that was giving issues to the transmission. Don't sweat it. It should be all good from now on. I would test the battery too.
Thanks bro. Good idea for the battery.

·
Super Moderator
13,291 Posts
Definitely hope that the software flash solves your problem.

If not, then it almost sounds like something electronic. Battery or connections , or transmission control per. 2015’s did not have a moisture shield over the wiring harness connector to the TCU, whereas later (coupes, at least) do. My 2016 has, but my LE does not. You are probably aware of this thread https://www.4c-forums.com/threads/maybe-diagnosis-of-tcm-voltage-irregularity.32121/page-6#post-548777 (sorry, I read so many posts here as a part of my moderator duties that I cannot recall who has posted where).

Fingers crossed that the issue does not repeat itself, but if it should then confirm the battery and connections, then look into corrosion on this harness, would be my suggestions.

Good luck!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This whole thing basically ruined my week end. I’m really really bummed out and frustrated.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What I have noticed is that like you said 4Canada, it's an electronic issue and it's not a mechanic problem. The car shift perfectly. Manual mode works and it does not feel sluggish or anything. Now I only 1 error code and it's low circuit code. This is weird.

·
Super Moderator
3,296 Posts
If you haven't taken to the dealer again....take the battery connectors off and clean them and coat with terminal grease. That could solve it. The battery may be getting old....is it the original one. Modern cars need a very clean and good path from battery and a strong battery.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you haven't taken to the dealer again....take the battery connectors off and clean them and coat with terminal grease. That could solve it. The battery may be getting old....is it the original one. Modern cars need a very clean and good path from battery and a strong battery.
Thank you friend. It's at the dealer now. I did not want to touch the car or erase the code because my warranty is going to expire in a month. Do you know what happens when a warranty expires? Let's say they "fix" the issue aka just erase the code and then in 3 weeks once the warranty expires, it appears again. Are they going to charge me?

Also, let's say the warranty expires and they tell me that's it's the voltage regulator. And I pay to change it but the issue appears again, do they continue charging me to until the issue is fixed? I mean they could tell me "it's the voltage regulator" then charge me and change it then tell me "it's the oil pump" if the issue reappears. I don't want to spend 30K to fix this car.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts