Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,122 Posts
Several inches of rain in the past 48 hours over frozen ground really challenged drainage on the farm, but no flooding at my place. Alfanut, I would have gladly sent it your way, were that in my power. Still, 2” - 3” rain in January is amazing, and would have been more than 2’ of snow had the temperatures been 5 degrees colder. So I won’t complain. Now it’s become cold again (more seasonal), and everything has flash-frozen over with a strong, cutting wind.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,798 Posts
Very mild Winter here in S/E Michigan....very unusual for us. Thus far this Winter we had one day of snow of around 3", that melted off in a day or two and that has been it. Lots of rain last night....finally got down cold enough that it froze so a bit of ice on my van this morning but all melted off....supposed to be warm the next few days....for here....around 40 deg F. Slight chance of snow next weekend but also warmer so probably not going to amount to much.
Suspect this will be the mildest Winter since I moved here in 2004. Generally mid February is when the weather starts changing...usually take my 4C out of hibernation March...sometimes late February.
I know our friends down in Australia would love to have some of our rain to squelch those horrid fires. My heart goes out to all those people and animals dealing with loss of life and homes....and habitat. Hope none of our members down under had losses or injuries.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I heard you guys in Canada and the States are going through -40 deg C extreme cold with -60 deg C wind chill. It’ll be +40deg C here today. That’s a temp difference of 100 deg C! That’s got to be some kind of record. Simultaneously too cold and too hot to enjoy our 4Cs. I’d rather be here. Beautiful beach weather.
It's 04:30 where I am and it's -57C on the thermometer, wind is calm, should warm up to -48 today but the wind will pick up to 30-40 km/h(-65C windchill). I'm presently at work in Nunavut, on the 63rd parallel, we have an hour of daylight per day. Enjoy the warm weather.

·
Super Moderator
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
It's 04:30 where I am and it's -57C on the thermometer, wind is calm, should warm up to -48 today but the wind will pick up to 30-40 km/h(-65C windchill). I'm presently at work in Nunavut, on the 63rd parallel, we have an hour of daylight per day. Enjoy the warm weather.
I was going to ask if that is about as close as you can get to the North Pole while still in Canada. How can you blokes tolerate that frigidity?

·
Super Moderator
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
It was probably the best day weather wise this Summer in Sydney today. Took the family and our Beagle to the beach. Appreciated by all.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts