Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

4641 - 4660 of 4667 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I guess your right the multi billion dollar fashion icon PRADA doesnt know what they are doing

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Fixed the issue today using a new V-band clamp and gasket from a local Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealership.

V-band Clamp: 68096257AA
Gasket: 68201394AA

Total cost was $34.

Funny enough, the V-band from Chrysler had Lancia - Fiat - Alfa markings on it.

More like what did my 4C decide to do to itself...

Turbo decided to divorce the downpipe. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Been a busy past couple of days.....

Installed auto dim rear view
Had her tinted
Pulled the drivers seat and set it to Top/Medium/Low
Did the washer mod to give the steering column a little more tilt
Installed a set of Hertz 6.5" components and Alpine amp

and all while battling a damn cold.....luckily a good friend was a huge help. So much more comfortable with the recline and it's nice to be able to see time/temp without ducking down.

·
Super Moderator
3,297 Posts
Walked by my car all tucked away for hibernation. It has been warmer the last few days although raining today. Maybe it will get warm enough to take out of hibernation again. Weather weird this year....one day a very early snow a couple of weeks ago...all melted now though. This is earliest I ever put her up for hibernation.

Good news though....my new grad Mechanical Engineering son got his first engineering job with BAE. The whole family is VERY thankful as engineer jobs are a bit harder to get now with the issues of instability of markets here in Michigan (tariffs, EVs, etc.)

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Walked by my car all tucked away for hibernation. It has been warmer the last few days although raining today. Maybe it will get warm enough to take out of hibernation again. Weather weird this year....one day a very early snow a couple of weeks ago...all melted now though. This is earliest I ever put her up for hibernation.

Good news though....my new grad Mechanical Engineering son got his first engineering job with BAE. The whole family is VERY thankful as engineer jobs are a bit harder to get now with the issues of instability of markets here in Michigan (tariffs, EVs, etc.)
Bob your post brings back memories of the last few years when I tucked my car away at this time of year too.
But alas my car is shrink-wrapped at Copart awaiting the December inspection and then I get it back. I can’t imagine what it will be like after having been six months wrapped up like that.
Sad I have to give up on it but many good and modded parts on it will be taken off and used to rebuild a new 4C car. I think there’s some type of chemical that can get rid of or minimize the smell from the smoke?

Great job and congratulations on your son getting his first engineering job. That kind of skill must run in the family!
My daughter just got her very first job in her chosen academic field, Masters in Media and Communications. And for her new job she is now actually working for some very famous people in the worldwide film industry who produce some very big name movies with the biggest Hollywood stars. She calls me up and tells me the huge Hollywood stars she’s meeting and it’s blowing me away. I can’t say their names or she would kill me!
I don’t know where she inherited these skills but I don’t think it was from me!
Shout out to everyone if they come across a wrecked in the front 4C Spider to please let me know. It can be quite wrecked badly even on the sides, top and back a bit just as long as the tub is not cracked.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Saddest day of the year yesterday. Covered it. It honestly and truly, and I say this without reservation, sucks. Major storm heading into the Northeast today.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Badge/emblem day..
Thought the engine cover can do with a proper Alfa Romeo genuine logo badge - added bonus is that you can see it through the Spider’s vent when the rear is closed.. ;)

And couldn’t get myself to put the QV badges on the front wings - even though I’ve put them on every Alfa I have owned - they just don’t work for me on the 4C - so I found the perfect spot between the seats for one of them..
Oh and the Day of the Dead mask ‘passenger’ is for the day when my 4C eventually kills me.. :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Saddest day of the year yesterday. Covered it. It honestly and truly, and I say this without reservation, sucks. Major storm heading into the Northeast today.
You guys need to move down south so you can use your baby all year around. I would hate to weather my cars and motorcycle since those are my hobbies.

·
Super Moderator
3,297 Posts
"Absence makes the heart grow fonder." Actually where I live in Michigan it is only around 3 months of hibernation. I lived in California for 56 years where there were year round driving conditions. But don't miss the traffic congestion one bit ;-)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
All the post on how big a PITA it was to do with it on was a huge influence on my decision to do that, plus it was fun and I learned a bit about the car.
How was it taking the quarter off , if you have time shoot me a PM on it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4641 - 4660 of 4667 Posts