Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

4761 - 4780 of 4803 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Put some wider tyres on, which have made a huge difference to how the car looks (and they are the Michelin PSS (front) and PS4S (rear). It still tramlines, but is much less violent. Previously it would launch you sideways and you'd be holding on for dear life.

Now you concentrate and hold on, but it more progressively moves in the lane, which is a much, much easier thing to deal with (I'm still trying to find ways to just completely fix this, though, it's the one thing about the car I hate because it stops you enjoying how nicely it turns in and how much traction it has).

Oh, and this is the road salt from a 40 mile round trip: it was clean before this.

Think it looks 10x better with the wider tyres (I have 20mm spacers on the rear)

Beautiful car !! Hey where did you find that QV badge for the front fender? I would love to get one for my car.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice lift! What was the overall height of the lift and the additional width this took up?

Curious as to whether I have space for it in my new garage, but I'm not sure if I have the space for it, even though it would be great...
It’s a Wildfire WF9000. Total height is 7’-8” for the posts, and the footprint is about 15’x9’ to the outside of the base plates. It was $3,650 delivered paying by check, and I picked it up at a nearby shipping terminal. Install took me and a friend about 6-7 hours. You need a 20A circuit / outlet for the lift motor. I had easy access to do the electrical work from the attic. Also had the garage door tracks and opener replaced / relocated to get maximum height clearance. Overall, the height of my garage is about 9’-7”.
Their website is wildfirelifts.com.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Beautiful car !! Hey where did you find that QV badge for the front fender? I would love to get one for my car.
I believe they're the ones from the Giuletta QV. They're an official Alfa part.

I like them, although I think I'd be tempted to buy stickers instead if I did it again

·
Registered
43 Posts

I understand tire preference but being able to listen and feel the road while you explore in the 4C is for sure an experience. I can’t describe when people ask what it’s like, I just tell them they need to behind the wheels to know. Took him out for a spin in today’s nice AZ weather with the top down.

·
Super Moderator
13,675 Posts
I payed for it and drove it 120 miles home without incident. I am a 4C driver!!!

Found out it still has Alfa warranty till October too so that's a weight of my mind. I didn't know they gave them 3 years from new. Happy days :)
We get 4 years over here! :p

Congratulations just the same!

·
Premium Member
1,835 Posts
For the first time in 5 years there was suddenly a 4C in the wild right there on the big multi-lane highway right next to me. A Rosso Comp 4C Spider got on the 495 beltway in Northern Virginia about midday today just as I was going by. We both put the foot down and it was grand. The rest of the traffic must have been pretty shocked to see us blowing through them in tandem formation. We both got off at the same exit a few miles down the road and even stopped at the same light where he said he got his car in March 2018. Then the light changed and he went left and I went straight.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thats cool. You don't don't get that with a Volvo. I see other XC90s all the time and it just makes me feel assimilated and a bit of a stereotype. The only connection between me and them is that we both want that parking space outside the school at pick up time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
TODAY... I assigned my plate to my 4C and ordered them up with plate makers.

I went for a standard rear and a cheeky short one for the front.

Other than that, I decide what I'm NOT doing to it. Which includes most of what i'd briefly considered like remaps and exhausts. The car is still under Alfa Romeo warranty so Im not going to do anything to mess with it. In fact, I'm going to Alfa to extend it.
The 4C is pretty good as it is after all :)

4761 - 4780 of 4803 Posts