Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

4781 - 4800 of 4803 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
TODAY... I assigned my plate to my 4C and ordered them up with plate makers.

I went for a standard rear and a cheeky short one for the front.

Other than that, I decide what I'm NOT doing to it. Which includes most of what i'd briefly considered like remaps and exhausts. The car is still under Alfa Romeo warranty so Im not going to do anything to mess with it. In fact, I'm going to Alfa to extend it.
The 4C is pretty good as it is after all :)
Congrats on your new toy, any photos?
What part of the UK are you based?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thank you Saxon. Sorry no pictures yet. The horrible yellow calipers must be repainted first then I will find a nice spot to take pictures. I'm right in the middle of moving to Gloucestershire.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I started to put my plates on. Then it chucked it down so I’m wet but I got it done. View attachment 104711 View attachment 104712
Looking good, how did you attach the front plate to the grille? I used the tow hitch bracket but my plate is quite big so I wanting to get a smaller plate made.

Is that your name on the plate? As you can see I have my surname on my plate too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looking good, how did you attach the front plate to the grille? I used the tow hitch bracket but my plate is quite big so I wanting to get a smaller plate made.

Is that your name on the plate? As you can see I have my surname on my plate too.

View attachment 104714
Indeed Mr Jackson :)

My username is my surname. It’s Italian, like my dad.

I like the purely coincidental way it reads F1 ORO because “Oro” is the the Italian word for gold. A nice tribute to Alfa’s racing heritage.

The previous owner found a bit of what looks like the lid part of 1” plastic white trunking. He put it behind the grill to screw the number plate fixings into, through the holes in the grill so no damage to grill.

I used the existing plate as a template to mark for holes in my plate and put it on as he had his. I even used the old screws and cap covers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Are the authorities sight impaired in the UK? That front plate is enormous.
That's a small one, look at the monster I have to put up with!

I'm sorely tempted to just take it off, it's potentially a big fine but it annoys me every time I look at it.

·
Registered
968 Posts
That's a small one, look at the monster I have to put up with!

I'm sorely tempted to just take it off, it's potentially a big fine but it annoys me every time I look at it.
Standard size in UK is 520x111mm (20.5x4.4in) , I'm buying a front smaller plate 330mm x 89mm , should look a lot better

4781 - 4800 of 4803 Posts