Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

4881 - 4900 of 4931 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,028 Posts
Went to look at a house. Just went with the wife so took the 4C.
Estate agent “I do like your car, is it a Ferrari?”
:sneaky:

House was nice though :)
View attachment 105405
OMG, the house is GORGEOUS. Worthy of having an Alfa parked outside!

Hyacinth Bucket would approve. ;)

However, you do realize that your bargaining power just went out the window, right? :D

·
Super Moderator
14,028 Posts
Brought Alfie out of winter slumber today and drove to the dealership for timing belt service.

Nice to be on the road this early in the year. Unheard of. Usually there is a foot of snow on the ground still, and we typically have one severe snowfall in late March. Right now, the forecast is warm and nice for most of the next few weeks. Birds are already nesting. Crazy weather! But I’ll take it.

Bought more tools for my exhaust swap on Demelza, too. Going to give that a try this weekend if time permits.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Also, on the way home, a light blue Giulia going the other way flashed me but I didn't notice in time to flash back. Sorry Giulia.
edit. ...and only realised now I should have flashed the hazards once!

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Is it the aluminium framed kind? with black gaskets? That are permanently wet with condensation? or the type that clips on the inside? so you can't get out in an emergency? Those are MORTAL sins. Nice looking triple glazed "sliding sash" look ones at good prices are forgivable ;)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Is it the aluminium framed kind? with black gaskets? That are permanently wet with condensation? or the type that clips on the inside? so you can't get out in an emergency? Those are MORTAL sins. Nice looking triple glazed "sliding sash" look ones at good prices are forgivable ;)
We offer aluminium, uPVC or composite (doors) and we always comply with fire regs (y)

edit We are off topic be careful!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Took the Alfa out for a spin today for about 45 minutes. I have to say there is absolutely no better therapy for a case of the self-quarantined COVID-19 , Winter Time blues. I came back totally refreshed with a raised heartbeat and then cleaned the by-junior out of her. Absolutely nothing better...a great day in weeks of gloominess.

·
Super Moderator
5,925 Posts
Took the Alfa out for a spin today for about 45 minutes. I have to say there is absolutely no better therapy for a case of the self-quarantined COVID-19 , Winter Time blues. I came back totally refreshed with a raised heartbeat and then cleaned the by-junior out of her. Absolutely nothing better...a great day in weeks of gloominess.
Doing that tomorrow, but more like a three hour run to clear my head.

·
Registered
2015 Spyder
12 Posts
Interesting to see all my Ontario based cohorts doing the same thing as me:) I have had "Bella" out 2 times this past week, and as my swami 4Canada stated the weather has been very mild for these parts at this time of the year. Also did not mind filling up with platinum grade fuel for $1/litre (Canadian). I am still very much learning the car as I bought her in late 2019 but still am awed by the driving experience this car provides, very unique, visceral and stimulating. I should add I live in the country and am able to really let her rip when out and about which makes for even more fun.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I had only been out of the house once in the last 7 days, but this morning I went to the track for 3 hours. No motorcycles so all of the time was cars.

There were a total of 5 cars, although 2 were a couple of Porsches that came out of a large garage for a little while during a time the other three of us were on breaks. Usually on the 2.7 mile track alone or with one other car.

Went in the clubhouse at the start wearing a disposable glove and took my own pen to sign in. Went not on track I stayed in the 4C or stood in parking lot.

The track added extra days next week so I hope to go out some more.

Jeff

4881 - 4900 of 4931 Posts