Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

5101 - 5120 of 5157 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Too true, best not on public roads. The police are quite active at the moment as it seems people here are treating the empty roads like race tracks.

I will set the speed warning beeper before I head home.....
[/QUOTE]

Having Cruise Control is one of the reasons I like the 4C better than the Elise SC I had.

Maybe this should be in another thread, however with empty roads it raises the question how fast do you drive when no one is around?
I usually set Cruise from 5 to 10 above posted speed limit, pass Sheriffs Officers on the side of the road with no indication of concern from them.
However there is always a Class 1 Pickup, any make, but more Ford, I guess because they saw a movie, that run up on my butt and tailgate until a passing zone.

·
Registered
322 Posts
So I installed some SlipLo scrape protection on the front of the car today, cleaned up the aluminum pans and toe rods on the back of the car, replaced a few messed up nutserts, and corrected the overfill of oil from the oil change.
I also ran the power and ground wires for the impending stereo install. The wiring goes from the battery down to the tunnel and all the way forward to the big grommet in the passenger footwell. 15 foot cables were sufficient.

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yesterday took the 4C to the track for 4 30 minute sessions in the morning. Then went to a shop at another track and had them install Tarox rotors, PFC 13 pads and flush the brake fluid.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
14,482 Posts
Installed Tarox rotors all around, and Tarox Corsa pads on the white car.
Going back out to the shop to button everything back up, for a trip to the dealership tomorrow for oil change and various odd jobs.

Hoping the tracks here will open by the end of the month, but the Province just extended its state of emergency to a week from Tuesday (after our long weekend - me thinks they do not trust us. Probably wise, as this is usually the start of our “summer” season!)

·
Super Moderator
6,501 Posts
Yesterday took the 4C to the track for 4 30 minute sessions in the morning. Then went to a shop at another track and had them install Tarox rotors, PFC 13 pads and flush the brake fluid.

Jeff
...and are selling your uniballs.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Can we see some more angles?
She’s asleep under her cover in the garage ! This weekend I’ll take it out and get some !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Cas, what is the length of the wing? ie 1600mm?
The little 4C's are quite wide so it doesn't look particularly big

I've been looking at quite a few, prefer the style which either goes straight across with winglets / stops on them or the swan neck style, similar to the Kansai ones.

Nice to see a rear wing on it though as not many have done it, carbon is the obvious choice too.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Cas, what is the length of the wing? ie 1600mm?
The little 4C's are quite wide so it doesn't look particularly big

I've been looking at quite a few, prefer the style which either goes straight across with winglets / stops on them or the swan neck style, similar to the Kansai ones.

Nice to see a rear wing on it though as not many have done it, carbon is the obvious choice too.
Will have to measure it tomorrow I’m unsure it pretty much goes arch to arch tho so the cars width minus maybe 10mm each side

·
Registered
153 Posts
Went for a rip in the mountains for the first time in the 4C (Blood Mountain, Wolf Pen Gap, Richard B Russell Scenic).

This is where the car absolutely shines the most during the course of my ownership. It feels right at home tackling narrow switchbacks with sudden camber changes. One of the most visceral driving experiences with the manual steering (I still dislike the dead on-center feel), and I wasn't missing a third pedal since the car is just that fast for my current abilities + road conditions.

I genuinely feel sorry for anyone that owns this car without a nearby touge. :whistle:

(About to Rip)

(Friends: Exige S 240, IS-F, 4C, MK3 Supra)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Received a little tease today...

Rest due in on Friday

5101 - 5120 of 5157 Posts