Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

What did you do with your 4C today?

966K views 10K replies 538 participants last post by  TrboLag 
#1 ·
Did you drive it? How far and to where?
Did you wash and wax it?
Did (GOD forbid) park it in the garage and ignore it?
Did you do service work or some modification?

Me? What I did to my 4C today was to be active on this forum and live vicariously through others while dreams of the day (year?) I can order my 4C filled my head and clouded my vision.

#3 ·
I did pretty much what Prince did.. Looked at my model car with my name and surname and chosen number on it. Then read the letters sent to us by Alfa. Then put my 4C scale model back where it belongs. In my safe..

Racer my 4C will be parked in my garage most of the time... It will not be my daily. It will be a weekend hooning around toy. But it will not be ignored. Will still go into my garage every day to look at it.. :)

#4 ·
As your today is yesterday now I will start with that;)
Yesterday I cruised around in my visiting friends to show off my car and turning them green from jealousy :p I did about 300 km of relatively easy driving.
Today I started the day with driving my girlfriend to work with the 4C:heart: after that I decided to give her GTV a bit of attention by giving it a good wash down so she does not start to feel neglected. Then I put them side by side to take a few pictures. There's 11 years of age between the two cars and two decades of development. But the GTV is still going strong and looking smart.
And its a perfect spot for the 4C to hide behind;)
http://www.pekingparijs.nl/head2head.jpg
http://www.pekingparijs.nl/back2back.jpg
http://www.pekingparijs.nl/spotthe4C.jpg

Willem

#5 ·
Willem. Looks great, and just like the pictures I hope to post before year end.

I have silver GTV (slightly older, very few miles, rear spoiler, pepperpot alloys, red leather) and I'm waiting for my Alfa Rosso 4c (sport and luxury packs).

Someday I will pst this picture from my driveway (sigh). :)

Enjoy it.

MalxB

#8 ·
I had a 3.0 V6, exactly the same color combination. I found it a bit nose heavy though compared to the twin spark I had before it. For a short while I also had a 2.0 V6 turbo that sometimes felt like the best of both worlds, other days like a combination of their downsides... The big Busso remains a masterpiece anyway and the 3.2 version I had i a 164 Q4 where it suited the big beast beautifully. (As long as the overly complicated 4WD system worked according to plan.)

#11 ·
Took her for a spin with the wife over the weekend. First impressions : "this thing is low", "I can almost see underneath the other cars", "careful, that guy is staring so hard he is driving towards us", "can this one go into dynamic too?", "whoaaa" :D

On a backroad, passed three grampa's sitting on a bench, they actually waved :D

#6,533 ·
This thing on Dynamic for the first time was a shocker, it develops an attitude and now I know why, In dynamic mode, they want to run it in the power zone so they up the RPMs to go from 1000 to 2000, and bump all of the shifts to range higher. I have put it in that other mode in which all of the safety features are off but since I ended up looking the other way on my Fiero, I rather not temp fate...>>?

This car is low and this is why it does so well in cornering,

Ed

#18 ·
Not on this forum ;)

Cool.

The location of his front plate is actually interesting. Any specific pics?

Thanks
That is actually temporary he is probably going for the italian format but in the same location

Excellent. Saveurs d'Italie! That guy! That first picture is prize winning material.
;) he owns the shop and he is my Italian delicatessen dealer ;)

#23 ·
Drove to work and back again (think I'am going to do that for the rest of the year:D)

Had a chat with one of my neighbours, he woke up yesterday and today by the beautiful exhaust note of my car he said, he loves the sound of it! (don't know how long that will last however:angel:) Luckily I only leave for work at 07:45 nice time to wake up I would think.

#25 ·
Amazing what this forum does :D
Civilisation is spreading! OK, one more spreadsheet to go and I'll pop open a Duvel.

Today went to visit her, wife caressed her while she thought I was not watching and I kissed her on the butt. And I'm not saying which one it was :D

#37 ·
I did get to do SOMETHING with my 4C today, I got to chose it's fire extinguisher location! As a fire extinguisher is required by law here, and a good thing to have I chose to have one installed by the factory in the passenger compartment. I could have had a bag with all required stuff that you can simply put in the car when you go to the annual inspection but as an ex pilot and track happy driver I like my safety equipment proper.

Stuff like this make you feel the car is getting closer!

#38 ·
I'm very interested in Pogea stage 1 or 2 tuning (i.e. I like the 4C's apprearance as is - cannot be improved - however never enough HP or torque).

I was in contact with your company already months ago (but must say, not really impressed by communications thus far).

#39 ·
Today I ploughed through the internet to find what seems to be the highest regarded detailer of the area. Contacted them for an Opti Coat treatment. Would love to do it myself but barely find the time to drive the car. Turns out it takes two days, so involves handing the keys and leaving her alone for a night... Mmmh. Better get some time off to do it myself after all I guess.

#40 ·
Mmmh. Better get some time off to do it myself after all I guess.
From what I have read, I would leave it to the pro's.... Car detailing is almost a lifestyle and they know what they are doing.

Too bad that you don't have a matt white.... I'm still a little afraid of the look after the application of Opti Coat Pro... and would love to see an example....

#42 ·
Drove to work again in my 4C (its getting addictive) and after that continued my journey to Berkel Rodenreijs to a car detailer after having a cup of coffee and a discussion on cars in general and detailing in detail:D.
I decided to thrust my 4C in the capable hands of this guy. Had the car under special lights and was shocked after seeing all the swirls:(. He's going to need 4 days in total to get car spotless. I saw his work in real live and it is unbelievable what he can do with a car. His schedule is so full that he can only take my car the 22 of may. He works alone because his philosophy is that car detailing is almost an art and can therefore be done by the artist alone. It does not come for free but his work looks awesome.
He is using Modesta as a sealer.
Willem