Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

5241 - 5260 of 5318 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,699 Posts
Added the Koshi halo triangle pieces, fit and finish is very nice and they did a good job matching the weave direction. Nice that we have vendors who finish what Alfa started. Pics aren't great but they give you the idea. View attachment 107387 View attachment 107389 View attachment 107388 View attachment 107390
Interesting that your set has the weave matching the angle of the halo on both sides. Pretty close at least.
Some other owners did not get this.
@RYUK if you see this, did they ever fix yours, or did they have to refund?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Interesting that your set has the weave matching the angle of the halo on both sides. Pretty close at least.
I had Koshi match mine on both sides . Turned out perfect...all you have to do is ask them and provide pics of the halo (both sides) before you place the order.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
It was my eldest daughters sixteenth birthday today. We all went out, granny included. This necessitated taking two cars ;)
While the rest of them went in the family wagon, Birthday girl and I took the Alfa. It was only the second time she has been in it so its still quite "wierd" in her opinion but she liked going round corners and likened it to a rollercoaster!

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo 4C Rosso Competizione Coupe
41 Posts
Went driving with a friend up into the mountains north of Los Angeles. Proper social distancing still in place: He drove his Audi - a big gray but very fast lump! - and I piloted the 4C. Here is my 4C at Carrizo Plain National Monument in Santa Margarita, CA.. The drive included an outrageous out-and-back of 25 miles in each direction on Hudson Valley Road. No traffic. Great sight lines and every kind of corner imaginable! If you're ever in this area you've got to drive it, even if only in your rental car! :)

·
Super Moderator
14,699 Posts
Went driving with a friend up into the mountains north of Los Angeles. Proper social distancing still in place: He drove his Audi - a big gray but very fast lump! - and I piloted the 4C. Here is my 4C at Carrizo Plain National Monument in Santa Margarita, CA.. The drive included an outrageous out-and-back of 25 miles in each direction on Hudson Valley Road. No traffic. Great sight lines and every kind of corner imaginable! If you're ever in this area you've got to drive it, even if only in your rental car! :)
View attachment 107397
That telegraph pole the "monument"? :p

Great photo. Sounds like an amazing drive!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did you drive it? How far and to where?
Did you wash and wax it?
Did (GOD forbid) park it in the garage and ignore it?
Did you do service work or some modification?

Me? What I did to my 4C today was to be active on this forum and live vicariously through others while dreams of the day (year?) I can order my 4C filled my head and clouded my vision.
Any relation to Racer X?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I got a full refund and have waved the white flag. I'm good without them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It was my eldest daughters sixteenth birthday today. We all went out, granny included. This necessitated taking two cars ;)
While the rest of them went in the family wagon, Birthday girl and I took the Alfa. It was only the second time she has been in it so its still quite "wierd" in her opinion but she liked going round corners and likened it to a rollercoaster!
Love it! After almost six months my wife has still never been for a drive in the 4C. But my 10 year old son has and he smiles every time. The first time I punched it he yelled "I'm going to fly out the window!"

·
Premium Member
766 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C w package 22C, Coupe Track package, leather upgrade and the forged 18s and 19s.
36 Posts
I installed the Alfa9 suspension blocks (race). I started on the left side (driver's) and didn't look for a How to because it looked pretty simple. I found out, it was much simpler following the How to:) Anyway, the rear bottom factory mounting block was corroded onto the rear stud. I put penetrating oil on it. That didn't really do much. Took me over an hour to get it off. What finally worked was putting the nut back on to protect the threads then using a 2 X 4 and hammer I pounded the stud in. I didn't know how far I could drive the stud back, so I used washers once I had a gap big enough to place them behind the mount.
Now I desperately need an alignment. The tires squeal around corners at even mild speeds now. Getting that done on Thursday. I can't wait to see how it feels after.

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
I installed the Alfa9 suspension blocks (race). I started on the left side (driver's) and didn't look for a How to because it looked pretty simple. I found out, it was much simpler following the How to:) Anyway, the rear bottom factory mounting block was corroded onto the rear stud. I put penetrating oil on it. That didn't really do much. Took me over an hour to get it off. What finally worked was putting the nut back on to protect the threads then using a 2 X 4 and hammer I pounded the stud in. I didn't know how far I could drive the stud back, so I used washers once I had a gap big enough to place them behind the mount.
Now I desperately need an alignment. The tires squeal around corners at even mild speeds now. Getting that done on Thursday. I can't wait to see how it feels after.
Yeah, I read the whole thing takes like 1-2 hours. My experience was that it took most of a day (started around 8:30AM, finished around 3PM). Get an alignment with very slight tow in up front and slightly more toe in rear. I went 0.04 each side up front, and 0.08 each side rear. Drives about 10X better. Also recommend ditching the Pirelli tires and get something better (I use Firestone Firehawk because I am cheap, but the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S is excellent).

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Drove 160 odd miles to Wiltshire and back. Rained most of the way so no photo opportunity worth the while.
The roads in the south of the Cotswolds are even better than up north Cotswolds. The car was in all weather and it was fine. Felt solid. Drove safely, Mrs fell asleep :)

5241 - 5260 of 5318 Posts