Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

5261 - 5280 of 5318 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Did the seat adjustment on the passenger side (full tilt, front high, rear low), and finished installing the stereo equipment. JVC head unit (needed a firmware update to keep it from resetting every 60 seconds), Alpine component 6.5" type R door speakers, Kenwood 8" carbon fiber subwoofer with custom 9"x12"x6.5" Birch box, and Cerwin Vega B54 amp runing in 3 channel mode (2 fronts, rear bridged on Low pass for the subwoofer). All good!

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Put the stock catted downpipe in so I could finally pass emissions...If you thought it was a pain getting it out, try putting it back in! Fortunately, I know the routine now and I'm confident I can tear it all down and have the Novitec downpipe installed again in about an hour.
How did it feel with the stocker back in?

·
Registered
11 Posts
How did it feel with the stocker back in?
Not nearly as quick, but that also has a lot to do with putting the stock ECU back in at the same time. Plus it's mated up to the mid section I built with a high flow cat, so it's got an additional bottleneck over stock. Far less than ideal, but it was fine for the 25 miles I had to drive to ready the ECU.

The biggest loss is really in the visceral driving experience. Its just so quiet and tame. It lost all of it's rowdy qualities. I'll be swapping everything over again later today. I've become very intimate with the underside of this car...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Three weeks into ownership and starting to enjoy the experience after being ten years away from my 2012 Elise.
Having come from an MX 5 RF, I did wonder whether I’d made a huge error changing to a 4C ( the last Spider sold in the U.K.) with its sports suspension and heavy steering but I’m now finding I’m adjusting to it and appreciating its phenomenal cornering.
This may sound like sacrilege but I find the exhaust too loud- is there a milder alternative?
I’m having a geo check shortly at my Lotus dealer friend’s garage but the current set-up seems fine. I only use the car as a road vehicle only, never track. I know AR amended the geo settings- does anyone know what the early settings were and the revised ones?

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Three weeks into ownership and starting to enjoy the experience after being ten years away from my 2012 Elise.
Having come from an MX 5 RF, I did wonder whether I’d made a huge error changing to a 4C ( the last Spider sold in the U.K.) with its sports suspension and heavy steering but I’m now finding I’m adjusting to it and appreciating its phenomenal cornering.
This may sound like sacrilege but I find the exhaust too loud- is there a milder alternative?
I’m having a geo check shortly at my Lotus dealer friend’s garage but the current set-up seems fine. I only use the car as a road vehicle only, never track. I know AR amended the geo settings- does anyone know what the early settings were and the revised ones?
Alfa works Quicksilver should quiet things down for you, or have a custom muffler/resonator welded in.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Finally my Little brake decals turned up.. with the new wheels the calipers really stood out so I figured match the rear decals to the front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
573 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,698 Posts
Celebrated Alfa’s 110th birthday by heading to the track after work. Very busy, with all 3 run groups fully subscribed, but still laid down one of my best times ever when I had a traffic free lap.

Finally remembered how to drive, too - it’s been a long winter. Stopped fighting the car, and started working with it. And the reward was I could feel the 4C get up on its tippy toes and start to dance for me.

Man, I love this car!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Last weekend I gave here a fresh polish treathment at a friends house. The somebody show up with 580HP, 750NM and a manual. Well, we had some fun!
Sharp colours!!😎

·
Registered
573 Posts
Didn’t do much with the alfa today

But did receive a nice nsw fine...

$344 10 demerits :/

June 5th 6am mobile phone detection camera...

Absolute stitchup shouldn’t be on my phone but 10 points cmon... legit am now stuck on that for 3 years

·
Super Moderator
6,774 Posts

Absolute stitchup shouldn’t be on my phone but 10 points cmon... legit am now stuck on that for 3 years

Harsh...10 points is ridiculous. There comes a point when a punishment is so over the top you lose respect for those laws and those that administer them. Sorry to hear the news. 2 points, 3 years and a 4C. Don’t like your chances.

·
Registered
254 Posts

Where what it. 10 points ridiculous

5261 - 5280 of 5318 Posts