Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

5281 - 5300 of 5318 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,698 Posts
Here, first offence is $615 and 3 points. Goes up to $1,000 fine if you fight it an lose. Second is the same fine and 6 points with 7 day suspension (goes up to $2K if you fight it and lose) and 3rd strike is 6 points + 30 day suspension, fine goes to $3K if you fight and lose. At 9 points total, you could face a suspension, at 14 you are guaranteed walking.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Here, first offence is $615 and 3 points. Goes up to $1,000 fine if you fight it an lose. Second is the same fine and 6 points with 7 day suspension (goes up to $2K if you fight it and lose) and 3rd strike is 6 points + 30 day suspension, fine goes to $3K if you fight and lose. At 9 points total, you could face a suspension, at 14 you are guaranteed walking.
In other words, DON’T GET CAUGHT! Use WAZE.

·
Registered
2015 4C Madreperla White
43 Posts
Didn’t do much with the alfa today

But did receive a nice nsw fine...

$344 10 demerits :/

June 5th 6am mobile phone detection camera...

Absolute stitchup shouldn’t be on my phone but 10 points cmon... legit am now stuck on that for 3 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the traffic court system like there? Can you fight it? Here in the U.S. they just want your money—you can hire a a traffic attorney, and even a bad lawyer (cheap) can show up and plead it down and reduce or eliminate points.

We also sometimes get the option to take a 4-hour online traffic school an not get the points.

Sorry to hear they threw the book at you. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
6,774 Posts
What is the traffic court system like there? Can you fight it? Here in the U.S. they just want your money—you can hire a a traffic attorney, and even a bad lawyer (cheap) can show up and plead it down and reduce or eliminate points.

We also sometimes get the option to take a 4-hour online traffic school an not get the points.

Sorry to hear they threw the book at you. Good luck!
I got pulled over by a roadside radar gun several years ago while on my Guzzi. I was good humoured about it, the cop had a look at my record and suggested I write a letter, admitting fault, apologising and promising to be more aware of the limits. I wrote the letter, got off, no points lost and no fine. I’ve still got their response letter as proof. I would have never believed it if somebody else had told me. Basically, if you had a clean record for ten years, they’d show some leniency.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I got pulled over by a roadside radar gun several years ago while on my Guzzi. I was good humoured about it, the cop had a look at my record and suggested I write a letter, admitting fault, apologising and promising to be more aware of the limits. I wrote the letter, got off, no points lost and no fine. I’ve still got their response letter as proof. I would have never believed it if somebody else had told me. Basically, if you had a clean record for ten years, they’d show some leniency.
Just imagine if the cop had been one of your old pupils, maybe would have turned out different lol

·
Registered
573 Posts
Well it’s the new mobile phone use detection cameras so I don’t think waze would of shown it

The worrying thing is it’s taken 4 weeks to receive this fine, I drive that way to the gym daily... so I could have bloody 20 more in the mail on the way... very worried

I’ve paid it and also sent a review request email pleading for the double demerits to not stand basically saying 10 is ridiculous for a first time offence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Harsh...10 points is ridiculous. There comes a point when a punishment is so over the top you lose respect for those laws and those that administer them. Sorry to hear the news. 2 points, 3 years and a 4C. Don’t like your chances.
Don’t tell me about it!
I have been driving on 1 point for over 2 years. I am cautious like a grandpa but it is hard in the 4c.
3 years is beyond comprehension to get points back.

·
Registered
376 Posts
So I swapped back to the factory door speakers because the aftermarket component set I had installed (6.5”) were hitting the speaker cover structure in the door panel.
Also raised the drivers seat to the top hole in all three bolts, and did the increased steering wheel tilt modification.
Washed the car and relocated the trickle charger lead to the round thing on the side of the trunk.
Pretty much all done now except for installing the different brake pads and silver teledial wheels.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Found a tire paint pen on clearance, so I had a little fun. How many extra HP do you think these are good for
View attachment 107880 View attachment 107881
Here we were thinking you were a true Carbon Fibre 4C loving aficionado! Do you realise how much weight you have added with that ink?

I'm hoping you shaved off a bit of metal from the wheel spokes to compensate :)

·
Registered
2015 4C Madreperla White
43 Posts
I installed Alfa Works Intermediate blocks and four alignment shims per lower block to add some camber. Getting new tires and an alignment on Tuesday.

I did take it out for a drive to check out the changes—it’s quite dramatic. The car behaves so much better over uneven roads already, I’m eager to see the full transformation after I go to zero toe.

So far, this is the best $350 I can remember spending.

·
Registered
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C w package 22C, Coupe Track package, leather upgrade and the forged 18s and 19s.
36 Posts
I spent $32,143 on Castor Shims!!! Went to the local (40 miles away) dealer to get caster shims for the 4C. Had to order them. I wanted to drive a Giulia but they didn't have any used for sale on their website. I noticed a 2019 Giulia Ti Sport AWD there and the sign said it was CPO. Only 2,650 miles. Was a dealer in NY demo so never titled. Because it's CPO it comes w 5 year 100,000 mile warranty. Crazy. I took it for a little drive. I was ready to walk away then I screwed up and asked how much. I had a 2019 VW Jetta GLI w only 4,700 miles I wasn't driving so why not. I went home, did a little work, drove back up there and traded the GLI in on it.
Only thing that's bothering me now is it had a front license plate holder on it, on the drivers side of the bumper. They drilled 4 holes in the cover to mount it and if that wasn't enough, when I took it off, the tow eye cover hole was there and exposed. Of course the color matched cover was MIA. I looked around and found a Momo horn button to fill the hole for now. Hey, at least it's Italian :p I ordered the correct cover today and picked up my 12 shims I ordered. Nice upgrade from the Jetta.
Alfa_Giulia.jpg

5281 - 5300 of 5318 Posts