Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
5,301 - 5,320 of 10,175 Posts
I spent $32,143 on Castor Shims!!! Went to the local (40 miles away) dealer to get caster shims for the 4C. Had to order them. I wanted to drive a Giulia but they didn't have any used for sale on their website. I noticed a 2019 Giulia Ti Sport AWD there and the sign said it was CPO. Only 2,650 miles. Was a dealer in NY demo so never titled. Because it's CPO it comes w 5 year 100,000 mile warranty. Crazy. I took it for a little drive. I was ready to walk away then I screwed up and asked how much. I had a 2019 VW Jetta GLI w only 4,700 miles I wasn't driving so why not. I went home, did a little work, drove back up there and traded the GLI in on it.
Only thing that's bothering me now is it had a front license plate holder on it, on the drivers side of the bumper. They drilled 4 holes in the cover to mount it and if that wasn't enough, when I took it off, the tow eye cover hole was there and exposed. Of course the color matched cover was MIA. I looked around and found a Momo horn button to fill the hole for now. Hey, at least it's Italian :p I ordered the correct cover today and picked up my 12 shims I ordered. Nice upgrade from the Jetta.
View attachment 107925
Nice Giulia! What Rosso? They drilled into the bumper of the loaner my dealer let me use, and I thought what a shame. The plate does not look too bad using the toe hook mount.

Are these pre-cut for the 4C headlights or custom cut? What % tint is that?

How's the light output now? Especially when driving at night.

Looks great! (y)
it was pre-cut, they used the same program as they would for transparent PPF. Not sure what % tint it is, but the color is called smoke or something similar, and is made by STEK. The light output seems marginally lower, but not enough to really make a noticeable difference.

I freed up a bit of space in the boot (trunk).

Bought a blank tool tray, nice robust plastic (not too heavy ;) )

Cut some slots in it, and installed 4 velcro straps

Put the compressor kit and other bits in it, and stuck it to the shelf in front of the engine with a load of the sticky pads used for number plate fixing. Its not going to come off in a hurry !

I freed up a bit of space in the boot (trunk).

Bought a blank tool tray, nice robust plastic (not too heavy ;) )

Cut some slots in it, and installed 4 velcro straps

Put the compressor kit and other bits in it, and stuck it to the shelf in front of the engine with a load of the sticky pads used for number plate fixing. Its not going to come off in a hurry !

I've been searching for Fire Retardant Pouches/Cases to secure in that very same spot!

Yes, I was looking for something like a gun case - long, and not too wide or tall - but couldn't find anything. I also thought it would be awkward opening a lid under there so this seemed an easier option.

I thought that someone had previously created a slick metal compartment in that area, might be wrong though..
CallMeAl had a custom metal container for his 4C. That area does get very hot ....probably hottest part of the engine compartment. So don't store things that don't go well with lots of heat. I also wondered about the tire repair kit with the repair fluid bottle. May want to check with manufacturer about its max. heat exposure allowed.

Thanks for the comments. I did do a search last night, after I had installed it ( who reads instructions BEFORE they start on anything ??) and couldn't find anything specific on the Alfa kit. I found some data sheets for generic types, though, e.g Slime, and they do say store in a cool place. So, yes, probably not the best place for the gloop! I hadn't thought about the seals on the compressor.
OK, sounds like the kit goes back in the boot and the tray gets used for something else.

I decided not to risk my car going up in flames so I took my shelf tray storage out, just in case the plastic tray itself melted. Unlikely, but it was making me nervous when I drove today :cry:

I still like the idea of using the space for storage but seems it needs a more robust and heat proof solution. Which I would happily pay for if someone wants to make one. Hint, hint......

There is space in the cabin I think for the inflator kit, in the passenger footwell up towards the middle of dash?
Not sure on right hand driver cars but on the left hand ones (like here in North America) if you reach up behind the passenger side under and behind the dash and above the little USB wire storage pouch, there is a significant amount of storage space there. Of course no official storage area but there is enough space to fit the funnel kit (early 4Cs had one kit for funnels and another for the tire repair kit), and also the tire repair kit. IF YOU do this though make sure you lash them in place. You wouldn't want those items, especially the heavy tire repair kit, to be loose in an accident. In my case I felt safe with the funnel it there but not the heavier repair kit...especially if you track the car.
By the way that tire repair kit was available as a non ALFA branded item so if you search on line you may be able to source cheaper replacement prices for the "goo" bottle. Evidently there is a service life of the product per the instructions that came with it.

5,301 - 5,320 of 10,175 Posts