Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

5381 - 5400 of 5451 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks great! How was the fitment?
@Lvs4c and @lars I just received the same set of parts from Madness Autoworks. (ordered back in May) They arrived in good shape but unfortunately sans instructions. Thankfully, Eric from Madness pointed me to this video. These are identical to the ones by Novitec in the video. Very helpful to see the video before trying this myself. And SO glad I didn't do the inside triangles first (which apply over the existing ones, not replace)

Exterior Door Triangle install video

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
They replace them not go over the exsisting ones , thats why there is a hook there , not sure how you think that would go over the exsisting panel

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
616 Posts
@Lvs4c and @lars I just received the same set of parts from Madness Autoworks. (ordered back in May) They arrived in good shape but unfortunately sans instructions. Thankfully, Eric from Madness pointed me to this video. These are identical to the ones by Novitec in the video. Very helpful to see the video before trying this myself. And SO glad I didn't do the inside triangles first (which apply over the existing ones, not replace)

Exterior Door Triangle install video
Lucky I got mine from
Koshi one side fit the other did not, it had too much glue which I had to file out to fit flush was very annoying..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lars

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Lucky I got mine from
Koshi one side fit the other did not, it had too much glue which I had to file out to fit flush was very annoying..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine were koshi as well , honestly not happy with piece installation, was annoying , composite holding the hook was also junk , but now that its seated it looks great

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey SNIPER
I am assuming NYST is New York Safety Track. We hold two corporate events a year there. Very enjoyable. How do you like the track? What times were you tracking?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Decent , rear triangles were perfect , front pieces are a bitch between the potential of losing the small bolt into the door card or the fact that you have to bond the factory clip onto the carbon replacement that is significantly thinner .The long pieces had to be set and held with tape to get them to conform properly

Agree the front pieces are a pain. But only because of the very real possibility of losing the small allen head bolt down into the door brace, which gives structural support for the door. If it did fall, I do not think that just removing the door card would give access to the bolt. In which case it would just lie there and create a rattle.
I used one of those things that you use to magnetize the allen wrench, then removed the bolt. It helped, but barely. When I pulled out the bolt, I still managed to lose the bolt and it fell onto a small piece of metal just below the clip. I was able to fish it out using the magnetized allen wrench. If it had fallen just 1/4" to the left or right, it would have fallen into that door brace, never to be seen again. I got lucky with that.
If I were to do this again. I would apply some silicone adhesive to the end of the allen wrench, stick it into the allen bolt, let set up over night. Remove the bolt, install the carbon fiber piece, then put the bolt back in. And just break the bond by pulling the wrench from the allen bolt. That does seem like a long drawn out procedure for just removing and screwing in a bolt, but better that than having a bolt rattling around in the door. Or a strongly magnetized allen wrench might work out well.
As for the factory clip don't use it. Went to Ace Hardware and got new clips. They were meant to be used with a 8/32 machine screw. The clip fits nicely onto the new carbon fiber piece without any need for glue. I know that the stock allen head bolt is not a machine screw, but it did work out very well using this clip. Very secure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey SNIPER
I am assuming NYST is New York Safety Track. We hold two corporate events a year there. Very enjoyable. How do you like the track? What times were you tracking?
Beautiful track, very technical which I liked. Was my 1st event, so hate to say was just pushing car and not paying attention to times. more focused on my lines. Headed back in August will track this time

·
Registered
183 Posts
Also interested in these....Are they the same weigth compared to the oem teledails? Here in Europe they're cheap to buy for a set...

·
Super Moderator
14,886 Posts
Caught me a Mustang! GT, no less.
:)

Last session of the day, only two of us on track, so the staring marshal put us on almost opposite ends of the course. In 5 laps I caught him. Now he’s new to the advanced group, but our track is tight and curvy. He brought a knife to a gunfight. His 200 extra ponies couldn’t save him from the Alfa,

Had a similar matchup with a Camaro SS 1LE and a very good driver. I could see him at certain landmarks on the track, and if I put in really good laps I could gain on him by maybe 1/10 second per lap, but if I backed off even slightly or made a mistake, he’d take it back.

Of course, humbling moment when I couldn’t quite catch a 145hp endurance race car (when the team owner was driving it - the other drivers weren’t a challenge. Goes to show how much value there is in “the driver mod”!). Car was stripped out and really well sorted. He was shaking down the car and getting ready for a big race at the beginning of August. Fun to watch it run tonight.

·
Registered
925 Posts
That’s someone’s race car. He’s on the forums. My baby is in the driveway
I know - we met the guys that have that 4C at Wakefield Park - it's a neat race car

5381 - 5400 of 5451 Posts