Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

5401 - 5420 of 5451 Posts

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Caught me a Mustang! GT, no less.
:)

Last session of the day, only two of us on track, so the staring marshal put us on almost opposite ends of the course. In 5 laps I caught him. Now he’s new to the advanced group, but our track is tight and curvy. He brought a knife to a gunfight. His 200 extra ponies couldn’t save him from the Alfa,

Had a similar matchup with a Camaro SS 1LE and a very good driver. I could see him at certain landmarks on the track, and if I put in really good laps I could gain on him by maybe 1/10 second per lap, but if I backed off even slightly or made a mistake, he’d take it back.

Of course, humbling moment when I couldn’t quite catch a 145hp endurance race car (when the team owner was driving it - the other drivers weren’t a challenge. Goes to show how much value there is in “the driver mod”!). Car was stripped out and really well sorted. He was shaking down the car and getting ready for a big race at the beginning of August. Fun to watch it run tonight.
Have you come across a GT350 or GT350R?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Only at cars & coffee. Very carefully. From a great distance.
:D

I’ve only seen one R on track, and he was in the intermediate group. Most owners here don’t take their Mustangs to track. They just brag about how track-capable their cars are.
This is great

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
14,886 Posts
Actually, that ‘Stang might have been a 350. I didn’t look closely, but someone on fb identified it as such.

·
Super Moderator
14,886 Posts
Yanked the Pogea clone last night, in went the AW clone, will drive it to work to start the adaptation this morning, More torque where you need it, a little less hp on top, makes a lot of sense to me.
Give us a full review once you've had a chance to play with both.
It is great to have some owners with exposure to more than one tune!

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
14,886 Posts
Got rained on when the forecast said 10%.

Did not melt. Did not leak.

In fact, the squeak from rear sway bar went away as a result. :giggle:

LOL. Looks as though only 10% of the air has water in it at any moment in that video!

I’ve run into cloudbursts like that, and mine didn’t melt either. Remarkable.

Interesting about the squeak. The stock RSB mounts cannot be lubricated, but maybe yours have some dust in them or are dry? If it returns, maybe you could try to get a little silicone spray in there or something, and see if that works?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
LOL. Looks as though only 10% of the air has water in it at any moment in that video!

I’ve run into cloudbursts like that, and mine didn’t melt either. Remarkable.

Interesting about the squeak. The stock RSB mounts cannot be lubricated, but maybe yours have some dust in them or are dry? If it returns, maybe you could try to get a little silicone spray in there or something, and see if that works?
On a side note, when dhuang posts his nice little video clips I can only see them on my iPad, on my phone or desktop I see nothing. :unsure: anyone else have this ?

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV Black on White + 1981 Delorean DMC12 "6MT" Tesla P90 Swap!
318 Posts
Installed @designbybeau 's beautiful pressfit switches, black side repeaters (ebay), and decals (details in Interior-> New Interior Decal Company Heads Up).

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV Black on White + 1981 Delorean DMC12 "6MT" Tesla P90 Swap!
318 Posts
You dont use floor mats or thats Decal

No floor mats, it's custom laser cut grip tape (what's used on the tops of skateboards) which allows for proper "wet" (I daily) stepping in and out and actually does an amazing job protecting the tub as the adhesive is strong but leaves zero residue when removed after 2 years for new designs/replacement. Also, ITS CHEAP.
Currently, I have hex pattern and passenger has a Doge meme. Ladies LOVE this, fyi, but tbh I did it for me, as the Doge keeps me happy and much satisfied.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
No floor mats, it's custom laser cut grip tape (what's used on the tops of skateboards) which allows for proper "wet" (I daily) stepping in and out and actually does an amazing job protecting the tub as the adhesive is strong but leaves zero residue when removed after 2 years for new designs/replacement. Also, ITS CHEAP.
Currently, I have hex pattern and passenger has a Doge meme. Ladies LOVE this, fyi, but tbh I did it for me, as the Doge keeps me happy and much satisfied.
What ever makes you happy Original..

·
Registered
318 Posts
What ever makes you happy Origin..

? Are you trying to be mean?
Wonder what about creativity gets your panties in a twist? What a nut

5401 - 5420 of 5451 Posts