Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

5581 - 5600 of 5641 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,455 Posts
Went to the Italian Happening in Rochester, Michigan. Saw a lot of common everyday Lambo s, Ferrari s & Maserati s which got old kind of fast. But then there were 8 Alfa-Romeo 4C s, and that made my day! :) Lots of red cars. And I did see my first white 4C, looked good.
4C ALFA neglected to mention he got a 3rd place ribbon ;) Congrats.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nicely done, and quite the car collection!

BTW, what's the BK bracket setup you're using? Manage to grab the last ones for the 4C or you repurposed one for another car?
Thx! I may have purchased the last set of 4c BK brackets. The seats are a little high for my liking, even though I'm short. They're perfect without the bottom cushions though. I'm going to cut up a yoga mat to try as the bottom cushion.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Attended the cars & coffee at Pasteiners on Woodward Ave. today. While there I met two Reps from the S.A.E International. In April, at their trade show they will have a display called "The History of the Future: Mid-Engine Evolution" . On display they will have 8 mid-engine cars. There will be a New Ford GT, and a 1901 Curved Dash Oldsmobile. I never thought of the Curved Dash Oldsmobile as a mid-engine car, but it is. And there will be 6 more cars. They asked me if they could use my car as part of the display. They would have it for 4 days in the TFC Center, in a roped off area. I think that I may do it, but not sure. They seemed to be very interested in having a Alfa 4C, because it is unusual.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,455 Posts
Attended the cars & coffee at Pasteiners on Woodward Ave. today. While there I met two Reps from the S.A.E International. In April, at their trade show they will have a display called "The History of the Future: Mid-Engine Evolution" . On display they will have 8 mid-engine cars. There will be a New Ford GT, and a 1901 Curved Dash Oldsmobile. I never thought of the Curved Dash Oldsmobile as a mid-engine car, but it is. And there will be 6 more cars. They asked me if they could use my car as part of the display. They would have it for 4 days in the TFC Center, in a roped off area. I think that I may do it, but not sure. They seemed to be very interested in having a Alfa 4C, because it is unusual.
I would definitely do it....but make sure you get pictures to share here. As to that Olds. Many cars of those early years were basically a carriage minus the horses and the logical place was under the drivers seat or near the rear.
Will have to join you at Pasteiners soon. Are you going to the Oct. 17th Fall Color Tour?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I would definitely do it....but make sure you get pictures to share here. As to that Olds. Many cars of those early years were basically a carriage minus the horses and the logical place was under the drivers seat or near the rear.
Will have to join you at Pasteiners soon. Are you going to the Oct. 17th Fall Color Tour?
Yes, I will go on the Fall Tour. As for the Olds, yes it is mid-engine. But I just never really thought of it that way, until I talked to the SAE engineers. When I think mid-engine, I automatically think Ford GT40 & of course Alfa 4C.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Where in VA did you go?
We ended up at Stone Tower Winery in Leesburg. The other places needed reservations. Here you can walk in, just limited to two hour stay. Show up before noon to avoid the line.

Gorgeous views and good wine. Stay away from the BBQ - subpar and pricier than Mission.

Any good wineries on your list?

5581 - 5600 of 5641 Posts