Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

5601 - 5620 of 5641 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Yeah, ya know sex is good, but have you ever cleared your oil service light on attempt #1? I did... using the patented Philster Pedal Dance Instructional Guide , which is available free of charge.

Bro i need help , i cant clear mine drives me buts. Please text me about this help me out

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Spyder
31 Posts
Please post for everyone I tried both methods 1) hit gas 3 times then hold gas down and 2 right foot depress gas peddle left foot depress brake peddle 6 times neither worked.. Since installing new ECU it is gone but may return and would love to know.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Response to @lars,

shut the car down... Or when first entering... leave key in ignition.

I turn key to 'accessory' or whatever we're calling that position nowadays. Dash and electrics power up.

I press accel pedal to floor.
I wait 2 very deliberate seconds and continue pressing accel pedal to floor as I complete the following steps:

I press the brake completely, and hold for 2 very deliberate seconds.
I release the brake, and pause for 2 very deliberate seconds. ( 1 cycle complete)

I release the brake, and pause for 2 very deliberate seconds. (2 cycles complete)

I release the brake, and pause for 2 very deliberate seconds. ( 3 cycles complete)

I release the brake, and pause for 2 very deliberate seconds. ( 4 cycles complete)

I release the brake, and pause for 2 very deliberate seconds. ( 5 cycles complete)

I release the brake, and pause for 2 very deliberate seconds. ( 6 cycles complete)

After the last brake/release cycle above, after the final 2 very deliberate seconds, I released the accel pedal and waited 2 seconds, then fired up the engine without turning the power off first.

Bingo

·
Registered
1,590 Posts

I turn key to 'accessory' or whatever we're calling that position nowadays. Dash and electrics power up.

I wait 2 very deliberate seconds and continue pressing accel pedal to floor as I complete the following steps:

I release the brake, and pause for 2 very deliberate seconds. ( 1 cycle complete)

I release the brake, and pause for 2 very deliberate seconds. (2 cycles complete)

I release the brake, and pause for 2 very deliberate seconds. ( 3 cycles complete)

I release the brake, and pause for 2 very deliberate seconds. ( 4 cycles complete)

I release the brake, and pause for 2 very deliberate seconds. ( 5 cycles complete)

I release the brake, and pause for 2 very deliberate seconds. ( 6 cycles complete)

After the last brake/release cycle above, after the final 2 very deliberate seconds, I released the accel pedal and waited 2 seconds, then fired up the engine without turning the power off first.

Bingo
In my toyota i press and hold one button, this is ridiculous, but i hope it works, thanks bro

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,455 Posts

Bingo
Sounds like a refrain from the Hokey Pokey song :sneaky:
Thanks for posting this again Philster....people still having troubles getting that oil change reminder cancelled. This is the method I used and it worked. I find it helps to wait when the first key is turned on to wait until the icons flashing on the dash quit blinking....than proceed. That is the preliminary step I needed....but perhaps this is a lot like the baseball pitchers that go through that series of weird steps or routine before they throw the ball....may not make any difference but once you have success you will always do that same process.

·
Registered
115 Posts
So this is the latest I did to the 4C ... Just before getting my move to Utah underway, I finally got the "Storm Trooper" 4C all wrapped up and finished with all the mods and tuning ... I have not had a chance to be on here for some time, and never want to undertake a cross country move again!! lol .. it was a grueling month! But SOOO happy to be out in southern UT. 80mph speed limits and PERFECT roads make ie even so much better ...

• Eurocompulsion phase3 tune
  • Capristo 100 cel cat/downpipe
  • high flow intake
  • silicone tubing
  • scara inter-cooler
  • camber/caster adjust blocks on front
  • unibal upgrades on rear swing arms
  • Nitron x1 coilovers
  • Tillet carbon seats
  • ALG 19/20 wheels
  • Koshi carbon bits throughout
  • Nerd re-badging :geek: ( yes, i know this will upset the purists :p)

5601 - 5620 of 5641 Posts