Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

6141 - 6160 of 6246 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,953 Posts
I don't remember it having a muffler....Yeah, I'm not mentioning anything about the CAT ha. I still have all my stock parts except my race exhaust of course... The shop it's at has a stock exhaust I can borrow, I think I might just do that and get past this. I'm staying away from Newport during the end of the month from now on... How can they even confirm if it's stock or upgraded from the manufacture though?
Looks like they just went down a menu list of things to nail you for. Since ALFA has an option for a dual center exhaust you can point that out...how would they know whether yours is factory or after market....you could take a photo along showing the center exhaust option. They may be trying to get you for a noise issue....if you put the stock race exhaust back on that will also be loud BUT is factory stock and is US legal as that is what the car came with and ok in all 50 states. Not sure which exhaust version you have now...if Stradale isn't that the version with a muffler....you can look under the car and see if the version you have has a muffler or not. The version without the muffler is a bit louder than the factory race exhaust but if you have a 200 cel cat that would also make it louder. I think going with the stock exhaust would be a good way to get past the inspection. I suspect what got you in trouble was the tinted windows and headlights....than they broke out their check list and went crazy to harass you.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I love the decal on the car, I wish I had an artistic eye as I would love to add something to mine. I would only end up making it look like Trotter's Independent Traders van!!
I don’t have an artistic eye either. Had a vague idea, and the decal design from 4Canada, and wrap guys who decided what size the decal should be.
And it worked out well.

·
Super Moderator
16,415 Posts
I don’t have an artistic eye either. Had a vague idea, and the decal design from 4Canada, and wrap guys who decided what size the decal should be.
And it worked out well.
I think it’s spectacular!
Wouldn’t change it, personally, but it’s your car...

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I'm assuming your whole car is wrapped in that amazing matte yellow? How does that hold up to nicks and rocks? I've heard the wraps like this are so much thinner than PPF.
Matte satin yellow (apparently). The day after I had it put on I was doing 160km/h behind a Golf R. He changed lanes too late for me to swerve away from hitting another cars’ bumper that was lying in the fast lane. It was a massive whack. I was furious, and could imagine my bumper shattered. I was too pissed off to stop and check, so drove home directly, and then checked. Was surprised to see that there was just a mark, which I was able to wipe off. The wrap dissipated the energy really well, and probably saved the bumper.
And in the last year, no issues with chips. It apparently has a self-healing property as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Matte satin yellow (apparently). The day after I had it put on I was doing 160km/h behind a Golf R. He changed lanes too late for me to swerve away from hitting another cars’ bumper that was lying in the fast lane. It was a massive whack. I was furious, and could imagine my bumper shattered. I was too pissed off to stop and check, so drove home directly, and then checked. Was surprised to see that there was just a mark, which I was able to wipe off. The wrap dissipated the energy really well, and probably saved the bumper.
And in the last year, no issues with chips. It apparently has a self-healing property as well.
Wow! What brand of wrap did they use on it? I'm looking at wrapping my other car (E30), and would appreciate something with that kind of durability.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Took Alfie out today took the same route as I had in the Rangie yesterday when I saw this poor Lotus Europa with a broken leg.😞

This corner is the only spot where my LE suspension would clunk (loudly) before it was fixed with the special AR glue under warranty. I suspect that’s why the strut crapped out.

·
Super Moderator
16,415 Posts
Took Alfie out today took the same route as I had in the Rangie yesterday when I saw this poor Lotus Europa with a broken leg.😞

View attachment 116145

This corner is the only spot where my LE suspension would clunk (loudly) before it was fixed with the special AR glue under warranty. I suspect that’s why the strut crapped out.
Hope they didn’t shoot it!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yesterday I also replaced my rear view camera with another where the grid lines can be deactivated (as they are otherwise useless).

The camera was a bit bigger than the original so I filed it to perfect size and replaced into the plate light holder. Screws line up perfectly. This projects to my TFT mirror with built on dash cam when reverse is activated (tapped the reverse lamp). Very pleased with the result.

·
Registered
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition #444
73 Posts

Technically today was just the drive to garnish the photos shown above. But what I got done “yesterday” (this past week; returned to me yesterday) was replacing the side rocker PPF (yellowed) with new PPF. Also redid the PPF on the door sills interior. And, a single stage paint correction with ceramic coating after. Car is “squeaky clean” now — although having just broken 20k miles today, she is far from new- but she’s been enjoyed! By prior owners, and today, driving around, once more by me!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am starting to get used to how the car behaves and I am sure it will come as no surprise to those on here, but the more I drive it the more I like it. Today's drive was the first with the roof off, which was very nice in the sunshine; shame it's going to be cold & windy tomorrow! SWMBO also had her first drive today, and whilst she was indifferent when I bought it, after about 20 mins behind the wheel she now gets it.

I also used the Autoglym roof cleaner/protector and it has come up OK and I am sure will now be fully repellent, I think it may need some colour restorer to bring it back to looking A1.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bought a 4C coupe 3 weeks ago and really haven’t had a good chance to get it out and drive on a proper road. Well today that changed. What can I say, she’s gorgeous and fantastic in bed! Took her up the Sea to Sky highway and what a treat. Should’ve bought one years ago!

·
Registered
4C Spider, 2017 50th Anniversary Madreperla White
52 Posts
Took the roof off this afternoon and gave it a needed clean and waterproof treatment thanks to Autoglym's soft top cleaning double pack. 1st time using it so will report back in due course

6141 - 6160 of 6246 Posts