Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

6161 - 6180 of 6246 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Coupe
8 Posts
STUNNING!

Now, go online and find your local F1 merchandise store. Alfa Romeo Racing have a “tribute” tee shirt that is remarkably like your car’s new tattoo! You should get that.

Love what you’ve done here and the look. Good job.
I just might get one of those tribute tee shirts, but the one with the smaller logo, Not a fan of big logos that cover half the area;)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Last week I had the 5 year service done, plus had a Capristo 100cel downpipe (Alfa9) and Eurocompulsion intercooler installed. While that was being done, I had EC upgrade the tune to phase 3.

Today I took for a mountain run. Very happy with the overall result.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Wow! What brand of wrap did they use on it? I'm looking at wrapping my other car (E30), and would appreciate something with that kind of durability.
Honestly can’t remember. An American brand though, as the German brand did not have the colour I wanted.

·
Registered
264 Posts
View attachment 116189

Changed Bella's "voice" to something more in keeping with her image and something more Italian. Picked up a set of Fiamm high/low tone air horns from W.W. Grainger Supply (part number 66020. $30.02) and installed them. To install the horns I had to remove the front body section and the front half of the left front wheel well liner.

The first picture is the overall shot of the car after the installation. You can just see the compressor mounted on the left hand body tube. Second picture is the connection to the Alfa harness. I made the male pigtail connector from a connector I took off of a wrecked Fiat 500 Abarth. It was the right size one way but too wide the other so after some serious fettling I made it fit snuggly. The light gray is the female Alfa connector and the notch is supposed to be there. There were no modes made to the Alfa wiring harness, the old horn will plug right back in and function as built. Third and fifth pictures are close-ups of the compressor mounting. I drilled an 8mm through hole in that square aluminum tube, hung the compressor on the head of the bolt and ran the bolt through the hole and secured it with a nut and washer. Pictures four and six show the location of the horns themselves. I reused the original horn mounting piece but I bent it into a gentle curve to clear the twin trumpets. The trumpets themselves are mounted with nothing more than the hardware which comes in the kit. Same with the air hose, there is enough to reach from the compressor to both horns. The air hose is the milky white line running from the compressor down into the front corner of the wheel well. The last picture is just a shot of the empty horn package. As for the wiring I hooked the air compressor up just like the factory horns. Red to plus(+) black to ground (-) without the supplied relay.
To get the car up high enough to get a jack to the jack points I drove up onto two pieces of 2" x 10" wood and used a hockey puck between the jack and the car. I also wrapped the pigtail in water-proof splicing tape about 1" past the two connections.
Even though the home-made connector fit snuggly, I also secured it with ty-wraps to make sure it doesn't come unplugged.
To ease re-assembly mark the windshield wiper location on the windshield with a grease pencil and remove the wiper arm. Them you can completely re-install the rubber surround which goes on the base of the wiper arm. The arm can then be re-installed and secured before the hood section is bolted back in place.

OK, now for the nit pickers..
1). Yes the jack stand is under the hub in picture #4. The saddle fits perfectly and I didn't have to raise the car any higher.
2). I see all of the accumulated road grime in picture #1 and yes it was washed clean before I put the front bodywork back in place.
3). The yellow rag was done on purpose... My wife's idea.
4). Yup, I topped up the washer fluid and checked the brake fluid while the lid was off.

I'm sure there will be things I've missed...

·
Super Moderator
1,828 Posts
View attachment 116189 View attachment 116190 View attachment 116191 View attachment 116192 View attachment 116193 View attachment 116194 View attachment 116195
Changed Bella's "voice" to something more in keeping with her image and something more Italian. Picked up a set of Fiamm high/low tone air horns from W.W. Grainger Supply (part number 66020. $30.02) and installed them. To install the horns I had to remove the front body section and the front half of the left front wheel well liner.

The first picture is the overall shot of the car after the installation. You can just see the compressor mounted on the left hand body tube. Second picture is the connection to the Alfa harness. I made the male pigtail connector from a connector I took off of a wrecked Fiat 500 Abarth. It was the right size one way but too wide the other so after some serious fettling I made it fit snuggly. The light gray is the female Alfa connector and the notch is supposed to be there. There were no modes made to the Alfa wiring harness, the old horn will plug right back in and function as built. Third and fifth pictures are close-ups of the compressor mounting. I drilled an 8mm through hole in that square aluminum tube, hung the compressor on the head of the bolt and ran the bolt through the hole and secured it with a nut and washer. Pictures four and six show the location of the horns themselves. I reused the original horn mounting piece but I bent it into a gentle curve to clear the twin trumpets. The trumpets themselves are mounted with nothing more than the hardware which comes in the kit. Same with the air hose, there is enough to reach from the compressor to both horns. The air hose is the milky white line running from the compressor down into the front corner of the wheel well. The last picture is just a shot of the empty horn package. As for the wiring I hooked the air compressor up just like the factory horns. Red to plus(+) black to ground (-) without the supplied relay.
To get the car up high enough to get a jack to the jack points I drove up onto two pieces of 2" x 10" wood and used a hockey puck between the jack and the car. I also wrapped the pigtail in water-proof splicing tape about 1" past the two connections.
Even though the home-made connector fit snuggly, I also secured it with ty-wraps to make sure it doesn't come unplugged.
To ease re-assembly mark the windshield wiper location on the windshield with a grease pencil and remove the wiper arm. Them you can completely re-install the rubber surround which goes on the base of the wiper arm. The arm can then be re-installed and secured before the hood section is bolted back in place.

OK, now for the nit pickers..
1). Yes the jack stand is under the hub in picture #4. The saddle fits perfectly and I didn't have to raise the car any higher.
2). I see all of the accumulated road grime in picture #1 and yes it was washed clean before I put the front bodywork back in place.
3). The yellow rag was done on purpose... My wife's idea.
4). Yup, I topped up the washer fluid and checked the brake fluid while the lid was off.

I'm sure there will be things I've missed...
Hers is what my Hella Twin Trumpets sound like for comparison.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Almost forgot the other thing I did..
The EPDM front spoiler long ago wore away and cracked. I attempted - without success - to plastic weld it back together but ended up just tearing it off the car later. So, I ordered a new 60 DURO 1" x 1" x 3/6" black rubber angle from McMaster Carr with the intention of replacing the EPMD original unit. I had gone back and removed the wire staples the EPDM was attached with and had used stainless steel screws to put the original spoiler back on the car when I attempted my first repair. Now, the only thing left on the car was the horizontal piece of EPDM. I took that and used it as a template to cut the new rubber. I also used it to template the hole for mounting the new spoiler. I then had the idea to use the EPDM and sandwich the new rubber spoiler between the EPDM and the car.

It worked perfectly and fit like a glove. The rubber is more flexible than the EPDM so I'm hoping it will last longer. We'll see.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Replaced front side markers with clear ones and replace cracked factory tires with Firehawk Indy 500's.

View attachment 116221
Please tells us (me) what you think of the Firehawks... I put a set of them on my GTV-6 a few years ago and was surprised at how noisy (tire sceam/screech) they were until I started paying attention to how much better the car cornered, rode and handled.

·
Registered
134 Posts
After a week of my car being at the shop, I finally had the pleasure of picking her up. I got a lot of work done:
fluids flushed, bolts tightened, timing belt / water pump replaced, steel brake lines, brake pads, Nitron suspension, Advan RSII, Advan Apex tires, Pogea spoiler, corner balance / alignment, GMS rear arms, oil catch can, anti gravity battery, and a few other things.

I'm very pleased with the shop and work that they did. After I picked her up I came straight home, so I haven't had a chance to test anything out yet. But the ride feel change was immediately noticeable. Going from 18/19" 5 hole wheels to these 17/18" 9.5" rear played a big part in that. I didn't notice anymore tramlining on the highway, but i was just cruising in traffic. Hoping going out this weekend and get a feel for these changes. I'm ready for my track sessions next month! I learned so much from this forum, i wouldn't have been able to figure this all out otherwise. Thanks everyone!

The way the wing lines up with the contour of the body is stunning. These pics don't do it justice and isn't showing the gloss carbon, I'll post some later.

·
Super Moderator
16,415 Posts
Figure I would post the reverse picture on this thread to not derail the OP on the other thread.
Yes the rear trunks are open......
to trickle charge :)

View attachment 116247
Needs a Tributo. And perhaps a coupe, to complete the set!
(since we're in "enabling mode", which I believe is <CTRL>-<E> on the keyboard)

6161 - 6180 of 6246 Posts