Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

6241 - 6260 of 6324 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,037 Posts
Took Rosie out to the Kart track at Wilberforce today with my younger son. Had a hoot of a time. No lights or timing due to flood damage but was at least competitive with the youngster this time. Losing 10kg of lock-down lard helped. After the Karts we did a short Putty run, turned around then back for some lunch at Colo River. Rosie is singing as sweetly as ever. Her first run since her service. I wonder if having the battery fully charged helps? She was exceptionally smooth this morning. The Sun is shining and life is sweet down this way.

·
Premium Member
2,039 Posts
Not today.... but spent another weekend at the track with Chin TrackDays. First time I had run with them, but many of the same characters that I run with a my normal HPDE were there. Made for a fun weekend. It was nice Saturday, but got too hot on Sunday. The car did well on Saturday, and did some decent lap times. However, heat got to both myself and the car on Sunday, so lap times rose several seconds. Tires are more or less on their last heat cycles. I'll upload a decent catch I did at 90mph when the back end stepped out when I tried a slightly different brake point at one of the corners...

Reactions: 4Canada

·
Registered
2015 Spider
83 Posts
A day late, but took part in my first track day at Harris Hill in San Marcos, Tx last night. It was a blast and the car performed really well. I've been doing local AutoX events for about a year and I've learned a lot in that time, but really got to see what the car could do. Better tires would definitely help, but I wasn't too far behind the red Camaro with and experienced driver wearing Hoosier R7's. Was definitely the best time I've had with the car yet and can't wait to go back next month.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm running stage 3 EC tune and some other performance mods and now my latest suspension and wheel setup for the track. I got to test out the suspension up there and I'm very happy with it. The race springs was a good choice for me. Those springs did not give for any bump or dip, perfect for my track setup. The GMS rear arms and bushings also provided a new driving experience. I was feeling more confident in the rear and the car was very responsive. It was a good initial test, but the real one comes next month at Willow Springs.
Are you going to the NASA event at Willow Springs next month? My team is planning to come out and run our TT car. I'll have to say hey and check out your car while I'm there!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Are you going to the NASA event at Willow Springs next month? My team is planning to come out and run our TT car. I'll have to say hey and check out your car while I'm there!
It's with "extreme speed" on May 30th and 31st. I've only done the 2 day HPDE course there, and it was like 2 years ago. I just picked some random events I could sign up for. Any suggestions on which are the better orgs to run with?

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's with "extreme speed" on May 30th and 31st. I've only done the 2 day HPDE course there, and it was like 2 years ago. I just picked some random events I could sign up for. Any suggestions on which are the better orgs to run with?
There are a bunch more clubs in Cali than we have in AZ. In Cali I've only run with NASA and Speed Ventures. SV was way more laid back than NASA and had options for much more track time. I don't know how SV's instructional program works, but NASA's HPDE program is one of the best (I'm actually the HPDE4 group leader in AZ, so I run our most advanced driver program). If you're looking to compete, NASA has by far the best competition drivers in Race and Time Trials of all the groups in AZ; I imagine it's similar out there. Shoot me a PM if you want to discuss more!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Naughty me... so I’m “forced” to use the 4c, even though there is a real risk in doing so as my other vehicle is in for repair...

sometimes you just have to do it... over 1200km... in 4 days... two 6hr drives... and a couple of smaller ones...

she’s just ticked over 40,000km on the return home...

went to visit a lady friend... adventures were had... Beautiful memories created... including some in the 4c... just really rounded out a playful weekend driving the 4c... the added drama and performance took a few things to another level... hehe...

just a little too cramped in the cabin for some adventures though... 😉

·
Super Moderator
9,037 Posts
Naughty me... so I’m “forced” to use the 4c, even though there is a real risk in doing so as my other vehicle is in for repair...

sometimes you just have to do it... over 1200km... in 4 days... two 6hr drives... and a couple of smaller ones...

she’s just ticked over 40,000km on the return home...

went to visit a lady friend... adventures were had... Beautiful memories created... including some in the 4c... just really rounded out a playful weekend driving the 4c... the added drama and performance took a few things to another level... hehe...

just a little too cramped in the cabin for some adventures though... 😉
Glad you’re not only enjoying yourself, acp. ;) 😁

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Over the weekend we drove our 4C Spider to a country airshow at Mudgee in New South Wales, Australia and when we were heading to the car-park, we got waved in a different direction to the other cars. Thinking nothing of it, I dutifully followed the instructions of the airshow traffic marshals and we soon found ourselves parked on the end of a line of cars in the car-show exhibitors area. Luckily I had washed and polished the 4C, so she represented Alfa well in the line-up next to an MG V8 and a whole bunch of Morgans. Apparently we had been filed under "Soft-Tops".

It was a very foggy start to the day, so I had plenty of time to walk along the line chatting to the car & bike owners.

There was only one other Italian car in the line-up - and it just happened to be a Launch Edition 4C Coupe. It was located at the other end of the line-up, so we ended up being the two Italian book-ends of a line-up of very collectable cars.

The owner of the other 4C dropped by later in the day for a chat - he was waiting so long for his 4C when they first came out, that he had purchased a Lotus Elise to scratch an itch he had for a light-weight mid-engine sports car. By the time his 4C arrived, he was so smitten with the Lotus as a track-toy that he kept both of them and he had them parked side-by-side in the car-show with no signs of jealousy between the two of them. I wish I had come up with a cunning and devious plan like that! :) It also turns out that he is moving back to Sydney in the near future, so we will have one more 4C along for our drives.

You know it's going to be a good day when you have your 4C in a photo with a P51 Mustang in the background.

The fog eventually cleared and the flying show was well worth the 3.5 hour drive each way. No cobwebs were found in the 4C after each leg of the journey.

Cheers,

Alf.

You can just see the LE Coupe owner's Lotus Elise hiding behind in this shot.

·
Super Moderator
16,535 Posts
Over the weekend we drove our 4C Spider to a country airshow at Mudgee in New South Wales, Australia and when we were heading to the car-park, we got waved in a different direction to the other cars. Thinking nothing of it, I dutifully followed the instructions of the airshow traffic marshals and we soon found ourselves parked on the end of a line of cars in the car-show exhibitors area. Luckily I had washed and polished the 4C, so she represented Alfa well in the line-up next to an MG V8 and a whole bunch of Morgans. Apparently we had been filed under "Soft-Tops".

It was a very foggy start to the day, so I had plenty of time to walk along the line chatting to the car & bike owners.

There was only one other Italian car in the line-up - and it just happened to be a Launch Edition 4C Coupe. It was located at the other end of the line-up, so we ended up being the two Italian book-ends of a line-up of very collectable cars.

The owner of the other 4C dropped by later in the day for a chat - he was waiting so long for his 4C when they first came out, that he had purchased a Lotus Elise to scratch an itch he had for a light-weight mid-engine sports car. By the time his 4C arrived, he was so smitten with the Lotus as a track-toy that he kept both of them and he had them parked side-by-side in the car-show with no signs of jealousy between the two of them. I wish I had come up with a cunning and devious plan like that! :) It also turns out that he is moving back to Sydney in the near future, so we will have one more 4C along for our drives.

You know it's going to be a good day when you have your 4C in a photo with a P51 Mustang in the background.

The fog eventually cleared and the flying show was well worth the 3.5 hour drive each way. No cobwebs were found in the 4C after each leg of the journey.

Cheers,

Alf.

View attachment 116708

View attachment 116709

View attachment 116710
Love that P51 in the fog behind your car.
Did the Australian Air Force fly those in WWII?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Reactions: 4Canada

·
Super Moderator
9,037 Posts

Cheers,

Alf.

View attachment 116708

View attachment 116709

View attachment 116710
I was thinking about going to that but was seeing Ben Elton do a two hour stand-up routine on Saturday night in town, our first live show in ages. Worth the wait. An excellent night. Booked the tickets 18 months ago and then.....

How was the flying? Did the Flugwerke FW190 show up?

Yesterday I saw an Alfa Rosso 4C Coupe with red number plates turning right from Sunnyholt Road into Old Windsor Road heading towards Bella Vista at around 5:20pm. I wonder if it could have been ALCOS? Didn’t catch the plate number.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
How was the flying? Did the Flugwerke FW190 show up?

Yesterday I saw an Alfa Rosso 4C Coupe with red number plates turning right from Sunnyholt Road into Old Windsor Road heading towards Bella Vista at around 5:20pm. I wonder if it could have been ALCOS? Didn’t catch the plate number.
I think the fog had the Luftwaffe stuck on the ground, so no FW190 to be seen.

6241 - 6260 of 6324 Posts