Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

6261 - 6280 of 6324 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just got the 4C back last weekend from my detailer. He installed the carbon front bumper flaps. He also applied PPF on them, as it’s an area prone to stone chipping. Lastly, he also polished all the carbon bits on the car and put a glass coating on them. Simply, amazing!

If you want to, you can follow my shenanigans on Instagram (Veloce Vlogs) as I post more pictures there frequently

·
Super Moderator
16,535 Posts
First track day at Utah Motorsports Campus. I took my 10 year old son with me. He fell in love with the sound of a GT3RS. While I was out he took this fantastic pic! View attachment 116797
Wow, nice. Stunning backdrop. Don’t try the jump, though. ;)

Is that where they filmed the TG episode with Ken Block and the biker?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sent in my check to drive at Hallett with the Alfa Club of OK. Will have about 20 cars there. I attended 2 years ago but skipped last year due to COVID. Long drive for one day on track but lots of fun. Hallett is a great track for the 4C.

There is a race school 2 days before the Alfa event. On the waitlist for the race school as long as I am driving that far. Make it more worthwhile.

Jeff

·
Registered
2015 Coupe
32 Posts
Ha! Not sure on the TG episode, I know there is an episode of Launch Control where they held a rally there with Travis Pastrana and the Subaru team. There is a Lucas Oil Off Road rally coming there in June. We’re lucky to have such a nice facility in Utah!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Carll, my dog, and I drove to the little border town of Columbus, NM and went east on Hwy 9 toward El Paso. It winds along just this side of the border, and we got a good long look of the border wall. We put about 250 miles on Ol' Yeller today, and ran the a/c most of the time. We got it over 100mph a few times, and once reached 105 on a smooth section of the little two-lane. Ended up near the port of entry at Santa Teresa, Texas. We got many curious looks from the dozens of border patrol SUVs that came at us. The 4C Spider never tried to get hot, and the a/c kept us cool all afternoon. Odometer now reads over 12,500 miles. Nice day for me & Carll.

·
Registered
gtv6 3.0, Stelvio Ti
153 Posts
I had acquired a set of 17/18, they came with AR Pzeros, delivered to my mechanical shop. Good price, OEM, the ones with the cut outs in the spokes in matte black, a little busy design but attractive. Intent is to use for cold weather but I had the 18/19 fan spokes swapped out Friday afternoon to see how the higher profile tires feel.

Now I know what a spooky 4c feels like.

Car was all over the road, even on smooth pavement. Seller had openly said the rears were more recent, with a couple of years on them and the fronts older. 2015 date codes on the fronts and 2018 on the rear. Definitely aged-out. Howled like bad bearings. A strange and scary yaw even with gentle throttle lift, twitchy front end even on not visible surface changes. Ride quality only marginally better. Will be going back to the 18/19 set-up which were actually quite stable (sport suspension, not track).

Am sure the 17/18 will be great with new tires come November for cold fall/winter morning and evening drives. I’ll have these 17/18 “Norelco Rotary Shaver” wheels painted dark gold/bronze, will be a good match for the black over tan interior and a bit of throwback look versus all black, or perhaps the same grey as the fan spokes.

I am thinking that the original tire early cars with low miles which are changing hands all need tire replacement.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I went to @RYUK 's general vicinity for some Cars and Coffee at a very nice country market, talked F1 with an old head Alfista, but @RYUK said he wasn't joining us, as he was too busy cleaning his pig sty of a car to come out 🤣 🤣 so then I tore up his county (Chester County, PA; USA) so decided to rendezvous at The Whip Tavern, where various car clubs will rendezvous. Couple of C&C guys drove there as if their grandmother was in the back seat, so as soon as we pulled into the lot, I drove off so as not to get stuck behind anyone because I don't have a front-mounted machine gun to blast them off the road.

Then, for the 2nd time in the Alfa and 3rd time overall, I got caught off guard by this turn and went off into the grass.

I thing I might need to get a back seat... and a grandma. I need to chill.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
It's funny, the Whip IMHO has some of the worst Fish and Chips for a British style pub I have been to. I can't stand how they do their Cod. Everything else, however is DEEEE LISH. So I just order something else. Their parking is a disaster though.
I know that area well and @Philster lots of people get caught on that turn. Motorcycles as well.

My Car Event Last night was a little light but still over 100. Got cold real fast though.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
It's funny, the Whip IMHO has some of the worst Fish and Chips for a British style pub I have been to. I can't stand how they do their Cod. Everything else, however is DEEEE LISH.
Roast beef sammich is a keeper. Nothin' like real horseradish. Edit: I recall having Pastrami (Reuben) there once. Also good.

At Northbrook I had the Ham and Swiss Puff Pastry, as I listened to Bill Conway tell me more about F1 of the 70's, 80's and 90's with additional highlights of how Ham is the best.

Oh wait... thread highjack.

·
Super Moderator
16,535 Posts
It's funny, the Whip IMHO has some of the worst Fish and Chips for a British style pub I have been to. I can't stand how they do their Cod. Everything else, however is DEEEE LISH. So I just order something else. Their parking is a disaster though.
I know that area well and @Philster lots of people get caught on that turn. Motorcycles as well.

My Car Event Last night was a little light but still over 100. Got cold real fast though.
Maybe, if you cleaned the crap out of your car, it would go faster? :p

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
It's perfectly clean now. Detailed the hell out of it yesterday. Inside and out.
I am actually pretty amazed at how well the factory clear bra has held up on it. 4 years old and it has not yellowed and only has a couple of nicks where it did it's job. It took the damage from a stone vs the paint and body.
That makes cleaning the hood and the lower sides much easier.

FYI the picture of the picnic inside the 4C made me cringe. LOL Too many chances to drop something where i would have to pull the seats.

·
Super Moderator
9,037 Posts
I went to @RYUK 's general vicinity for some Cars and Coffee at a very nice country market, talked F1 with an old head Alfista, but @RYUK said he wasn't joining us, as he was too busy cleaning his pig sty of a car to come out 🤣 🤣 so then I tore up his county (Chester County, PA; USA) so decided to rendezvous at The Whip Tavern, where various car clubs will rendezvous. Couple of C&C guys drove there as if their grandmother was in the back seat, so as soon as we pulled into the lot, I drove off so as not to get stuck behind anyone because I don't have a front-mounted machine gun to blast them off the road.

Then, for the 2nd time in the Alfa and 3rd time overall, I got caught off guard by this turn and went off into the grass.

I thing I might need to get a back seat... and a grandma. I need to chill.

View attachment 116821
Nice to know it’s not just me who feels like this from time to time. 😁 (y)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I bought a second set of Dark Fan Rims.
This will make tire swaps easier and also have me fear the PA Potholes less.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I bought a second set of Dark Fan Rims.
This will make tire swaps easier and also have me fear the PA Potholes less.
I need to consider a second set of wheels for this place and it's interpretation of roads. This was near KOP mall this weekend, we avoid the area however needed new phones and only way to buy outright was at the apple store since att & bb don't sell in store unless on payment plan. Anyone familiar with area knows with traffic can't see far ahead and basically keep-up with traffic. Hit this spot at nearly 70, definitely felt it, worst I've hit in the car as I drive like a drunk to avoid them.

With this can see the impacts of the crappy roads across the bottom of screen.

Attachments

6261 - 6280 of 6324 Posts