Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

6281 - 6300 of 6326 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Yup
Our roads SUCK.

BTW, the shop that repaired my wheel did a great job. Let me know if you need their number.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Well, the car, my wife and I were ready for the run to the Dragon starting tomorrow but my 87 YO mom fell, cut her head and fractured her hip Saturday so we cancelled the trip. Surgery on Mom yesterday went fine and she starts PT today or tomorrow but I'm not going to leave for a week while she is in hospital.

Took the car to the monthly club meeting last night and I still need to wash it but I did install my new license plates. Everyone was giving different opinions about plates pro and con for putting the name on the car so I decided to get a little more creative. I had AR 4C and there are several other 4Cs with AR 4C plates in different states, as a matter of fact on this forum I found an identical yellow Spider with AR 4C plates. But I digress, I caved to peer pressure about the 4C plate not being original and unique enough for the car so after sorting through Virgina's create a plate data base I came up with and installed "TIPO 960" plates on my 4C.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
The car is so unique that I can't see how adding a custom plate will have any negative effect.
If the cops were looking for a suspect, they would narrow it down within 15 minutes by just checking the DMV records.
Black Spider -> arrest RYUK
Red Coupe -> arrest @Philster
Yellow Spider -> now they have some work. Is it @greg or @JSTACOG
:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
284 Posts
The car is so unique that I can't see how adding a custom plate will have any negative effect.
If the cops were looking for a suspect, they would narrow it down within 15 minutes by just checking the DMV records.
Black Spider -> arrest RYUK
Red Coupe -> arrest @Philster
Yellow Spider -> now they have some work. Is it @greg or @JSTACOG
:ROFLMAO:
Actually, there are two yellow Spiders in my neighborhood sometimes and the cops don't notice they have different wheels. We had them both parked at a local tavern one Saturday and we came outside to about six cops looking a both cars marveling that there were two of these "things". They wanted to know if we were in some kind of car club but it just happened that both John and I were at the Tavern for a meal.

·
Super Moderator
9,052 Posts
Well, the car, my wife and I were ready for the run to the Dragon starting tomorrow but my 87 YO mom fell, cut her head and fractured her hip Saturday so we cancelled the trip. Surgery on Mom yesterday went fine and she starts PT today or tomorrow but I'm not going to leave for a week while she is in hospital.

Took the car to the monthly club meeting last night and I still need to wash it but I did install my new license plates. Everyone was giving different opinions about plates pro and con for putting the name on the car so I decided to get a little more creative. I had AR 4C and there are several other 4Cs with AR 4C plates in different states, as a matter of fact on this forum I found an identical yellow Spider with AR 4C plates. But I digress, I caved to peer pressure about the 4C plate not being original and unique enough for the car so after sorting through Virgina's create a plate data base I came up with and installed "TIPO 960" plates on my 4C.
Very sorry to hear about your mother. It must be a difficult time for both of you. Wishing her a speedy recovery. About the plates, Alfisti will know! Nicely selected. (y)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Finally installed the front and side zender side skirts , looks great and wasnt a miserable experience . More pics to come View attachment 116869 View attachment 116870
Hi Lars, are they 225 40 18 on front?I just ordered a set for the front my self and notice that they sit more square on the rim than the super sports. The difference is heaps, super sports have a bit of stretch in profile. Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I changed to my bronze summer wheels with PS4S.
While at it, I painted my callipers, again.
Anthracite this time. It’s a similar shade to brake dirt/grime/dust so will always stay “clean”.
I also replied to Enrico about the carbon rear scoop. It looks like a rear Louvre or “shade” to me but whatever, one step closer to more carbon and less weight.
I can also imagine I have a better looking engine bay, if I can’t see it.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,042 Posts
I went to @RYUK 's general vicinity for some Cars and Coffee at a very nice country market, talked F1 with an old head Alfista, but @RYUK said he wasn't joining us, as he was too busy cleaning his pig sty of a car to come out 🤣 🤣 so then I tore up his county (Chester County, PA; USA) so decided to rendezvous at The Whip Tavern, where various car clubs will rendezvous. Couple of C&C guys drove there as if their grandmother was in the back seat, so as soon as we pulled into the lot, I drove off so as not to get stuck behind anyone because I don't have a front-mounted machine gun to blast them off the road.

Then, for the 2nd time in the Alfa and 3rd time overall, I got caught off guard by this turn and went off into the grass.

I thing I might need to get a back seat... and a grandma. I need to chill.

View attachment 116821
Hope no damage other than an underwear incident.

·
Registered
4C Spider, 2017 50th Anniversary Madreperla White
62 Posts
Long weekend here in Blighty so took the Mrs away to the countryside/coast for the week. True British bank holiday weekend, it's hammering with rain.
Minimalist living isn't a lifestyle of Mrs Motorhead monkey so solutions were discovered. Ha. Works a treat! I'll sit here patiently and wait for the abuse 😂

That bag stayed put despite the gale force winds and rain!

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo 4C Rosso Competizione Coupe
86 Posts
You gotta do what you gotta do! 👍😃

Reactions: Motorhead Monkey

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,042 Posts
Long weekend here in Blighty so took the Mrs away to the countryside/coast for the week. True British bank holiday weekend, it's hammering with rain.
Minimalist living isn't a lifestyle of Mrs Motorhead monkey so solutions were discovered. Ha. Works a treat! I'll sit here patiently and wait for the abuse 😂
View attachment 117193

That bag stayed put despite the gale force winds and rain!
View attachment 117192
Hope that bag wasn't too heavy....I don't know what the strength of the engine cover is but if you hit a bump that equivalent weight would be even more. The passenger wasn't willing to have it sit on their lap? ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Motorhead monkey ,I feel your pain with having a non- minimalist significant other or wife, I had a blue in the face discussion with my Colombiana girlfriend about the need for two bags and 8 shoes for a weeklong trip, needless to say I lost , if I had pushed it anymore to quote Alfanut I I would be wearing my intestines as garters 😜

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Motorhead monkey ,I feel your pain with having a non- minimalist significant other or wife, I had a blue in the face discussion with my Colombiana girlfriend about the need for two bags and 8 shoes for a weeklong trip, needless to say I lost , if I had pushed it anymore to quote Alfanut I I would be wearing my intestines as garters

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4C Spider, 2017 50th Anniversary Madreperla White
62 Posts
Hope that bag wasn't too heavy....I don't know what the strength of the engine cover is but if you hit a bump that equivalent weight would be even more. The passenger wasn't willing to have it sit on their lap? ;)
Naah all soft furnishings in the boot bag so not heavy at all. Won't talk about what it did to the aero :ROFLMAO:
Let's just say even I'm amazed at how much extra weight, I mean extra luggage she managed to fit in the trunk, cabin... Beyond the realms of physics I tell you.

6281 - 6300 of 6326 Posts