Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
6721 - 6740 of 6786 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
This afternoon I rolled Rosie out of her garage and gave her a wash, rinse and blow-dry, then touched up a few paint chips I’d long neglected. Has anyone after they’ve done similar just stood there for five minutes telling your 4C how beautiful she is? Unfortunately I fear this lockdown isn’t going to end any time soon but hoping the start flag can drop on our Bathurst drive on August 15.
Why has Australia got such poor take up of the vaccine, I think you are only 15 % , here in UK we are 60 odd %?

·
Super Moderator
9,654 Posts
Why has Australia got such poor take up of the vaccine, I think you are only 15 % , here in UK we are 60 odd %?
Hi Goldmax, my younger son received his second Pfizer shot last night (I wouldn’t have thought it would ever have been an advantage to have had an exceedingly rare auto-immune illness that qualified him) and my wife and I our second AZ shots this morning. That’s a load off. Now it’s just the ten day wait for the antibodies to multiply.

To answer your question, it was a scare campaign against AZ due to three deaths from thrombosis in about six million jabs. They thought the vaccine risk was too great, advised those under sixty to wait for extra supplies of the Pfizer vax that are due in September, maybe, and hold tight. There was nothing to worry about. Now we’re well into a Delta variant outbreak and four unvaccinated souls have died already. After more than six months of vaccines being available here only about 11% of our population is fully vaccinated (with a further 18% having the first jab, mostly of AZ), but that’s OK, it wasn’t a race to be vaccinated, so our PM famously said. Because of the “she’ll be right, there’s plenty of time” attitude, we are well and truly at the mercy of the Delta variant and lockdown is the only reasonable response as it gets a firm hold in Sydney. They are now asking people under the age of sixty to get the AZ shot especially if they are in the local govt areas where the outbreaks are concentrated but there’s a certain resistance to AZ after the negative press. I’m in an adjacent LGA and thanks to goodness I’ve a reasonable understanding of probability. That’s it in a nutshell.

·
Registered
495 Posts
This afternoon I rolled Rosie out of her garage and gave her a wash, rinse and blow-dry, then touched up a few paint chips I’d long neglected. Has anyone after they’ve done similar just stood there for five minutes telling your 4C how beautiful she is? Unfortunately I fear this lockdown isn’t going to end any time soon but hoping the start flag can drop on our Bathurst drive on August 15.
All the time Jim, as I said before I can't even put the cover over her.

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
All the time Jim, as I said before I can't even put the cover over her.
I haven’t either, Dario. 😄
In 5.5 years of ownership I’ve never taken a red cover out of its bag. There’s a shelf in my basement with 3 red bags stacked. I assume the covers are in them but I’ve never actually checked 😂

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Seriously though. Why put a cover on it? If I’m going to make a mess I’ll pull it out.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Sounds like everyone is having fun. I have done nothing, haven't seen the car in a while. It in a storage facility and I am having a professional buff up the door sills and the clear wrap installed. I think we are doing the nose area as well.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Because we're F-tards.

I think the impression was that the rest of the world would deal with COVID, we'd shut our island borders and it would just blow by and fizzle out (like SARS did).
Hence the “she’ll be right, there’s plenty of time” attitude.

Now, we are on the brink of our real COVID pandemic, 14 months behind the rest of the world and realising that coronavirus is here for good and we all need to vaccinate so it causes flu-like symptoms rather than hospitalising 10% and putting another 1% into ICU.

For shame.....

And for the antivaxer's... I tell them I get great 5G download speeds when I put my iPhone against my upper arm, while rolling my eyes and thinking "your an F-tard....."

·
Super Moderator
9,654 Posts
Because we're F-tards.

I think the impression was that the rest of the world would deal with COVID, we'd shut our island borders and it would just blow by and fizzle out (like SARS did).
Hence the “she’ll be right, there’s plenty of time” attitude.

Now, we are on the brink of our real COVID pandemic, 14 months behind the rest of the world and realising that coronavirus is here for good and we all need to vaccinate so it causes flu-like symptoms rather than hospitalising 10% and putting another 1% into ICU.

For shame.....

And for the antivaxer's... I tell them I get great 5G download speeds when I put my iPhone against my upper arm, while rolling my eyes and thinking "your an F-tard....."
My great grandfather died in the Spanish flu pandemic in Dec of 1918 and I don’t want to start any family tradition by being the next family member to go in this one. Vaccines all ‘round in my household.

Added some clear-coat this morning to the areas I touched up last evening. She’s still looking a little rough on those lower side sills. Then again, a little patina adds character.

6721 - 6740 of 6786 Posts