Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
7021 - 7040 of 7083 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Funny the Noble parks normally between the lines.
Is that a Tesco?
You use the trunk for groceries. I only do when I need to keep hot stuff hot. Or when temp doesn’t matter. Otherwise it’s as per my post #6,997 on the previous page. :)
I’ve always enjoyed using crazy sportscars for inappropriate errands for which they are poorly suited. I think it’s cool to do that.
We all recall that top gear where they use the 911’s launch control every time they leave the convenience store, gas station, drive through. Still laugh at that.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Funny the Noble parks normally between the lines.
Is that a Tesco?
You use the trunk for groceries. I only do when I need to keep hot stuff hot. Or when temp doesn’t matter. Otherwise it’s as per my post #6,997 on the previous page. :)
I’ve always enjoyed using crazy sportscars for inappropriate errands for which they are poorly suited. I think it’s cool to do that.
We all recall that top gear where they use the 911’s launch control every time they leave the convenience store, gas station, drive through. Still laugh at that.
It's Waitrose, much safer parking there, yep I only parked like that over two bays so he could get his wide door open, nothing worse trying to squeeze through a slit. I often have a bag if shopping in the front well if needs be. Maybe in America it's a lot hotter .

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Wow, now that's a sportscar.
Only six like it in the UK, list price of £360k, has no ABS, he said he went to Germany and tried out the top speed, 205 mph, I asked if it felt stable and he said yes, it has something like 8 ton of down force ( don't quote me yet I will check that) , wish our 4Cs glued to the road over 130 mph

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
It's Waitrose, much safer parking there, yep I only parked like that over two bays so he could get his wide door open, nothing worse trying to squeeze through a slit. I often have a bag if shopping in the front well if needs be. Maybe in America it's a lot hotter .
Ah there you go. Waitrose. Upscale, if I recall. :)
And even if you do regularly take two bays no judgement here.
I drove the old M12 Noble on track. How was the fit and finish on this one?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
@MatteoLeuzzi first impressions were it felt very solid and raw, this car made my 4C feel like a hatchback. Seem very well built, almost appeared unfinished like it needed and extra coat of something but that's the whole design idea. The exhaust doesn't pass EU regulations, but he has a button to press which somehow generates a vibration/sound and keeps it quieter, he was promised a go on the Goodwood course but when he got there the officials said no way...it's too loud 🙄🤬

·
Administrator
17,255 Posts
Changed rear brakes on the track car.
@DrPyro2k is going to give me shit! I knew that I was low on pad in my last session and had planned a replacement after that, but the outboard pads actually looked fine. Glad I followed my gut and went home when I did.

Pix show drivers side outer to passenger side outer pad. Guess I need to show up for more counterclockwise events, too! ;)

So, beware that a quick visual on the outer pads does not tell the full story!

Organism Metal Geology Rock Fashion accessory

Food Glove Sports equipment Animal product Staple food

·
Super Moderator
9,933 Posts
I finally got a click and collect run in the 4C this morning. A beautifully warm 29 deg C day out this way. At least I managed to warm the oil and heat up the tyres nicely. Pretty sad to be reporting such a mundanity. Hopefully it won’t be too long before a Putty run becomes legal. A mate who lives up that way rang me earlier in the week to rub it in.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
.... Pretty sad to be reporting such a mundanity. Hopefully it won’t be too long before a Putty run becomes legal....
Beats my trickle charging the battery :sleep:

Reactions: Alfanut

·
Registered
844 Posts
Some new Pirelli shoes!

View attachment 121337
:(

New rear tires = no grip and VERY flowty @ high speeds @ 1.8 BAR (26.1PSI) ....Crap . Do i need to lower pressure for running in to keep things more stable @ high speeds??? This car is really really sensitive...

New Michelin rear tire @ bike , first 50 km run in and no problems @ all.....
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Asphalt Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
i had planned to go to the track for a 2 day session with my areas Alfa Romeo owners club, unfortunately that didn’t pan out but still allocated the time to my 4C. I took out the a pillars and headliner for @lars to put his touch on them and during that process decided to remove my Recaro seat and harness bar. I never have the time, tools, or space to do that job myself but this was the weekend I finally did. Glad I did, learned a good bit, and plan to keep doing that myself since I always swap seats.

She’s been sitting for at least 3 months, so about to start her up and take her for an evening cruise.

7021 - 7040 of 7083 Posts