Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
7061 - 7080 of 7083 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
Listed in the window sticker as MP but think I had read that MP is maybe Trofeo. 🤷‍♂️ Either way a great color IMO. 😀
Yup the sticker never changed but the paint changed in 2017-19 to be Trofeo white. Yours is definitely Trofeo.

·
Super Moderator
9,933 Posts
That’s not Trofeo. That’s actually the flat white. Trofeo would read closer to the flat white (but metallic) than Madreperla though if they were all together.
You’re absolutely right. It’s 5CA White in my brochure, not Trofeo. I blame early onset…. :rolleyes: Apologies.

·
Administrator
17,255 Posts
You’re absolutely right. It’s 5CA White in my brochure, not Trofeo. I blame early onset…. :rolleyes: Apologies.
Probably should go into the Joke of the Day thread instead, but when my father was diagnosed with Parkinson's he said he'd rather spill his drink than forget where he put it.
:D

Yes, I am going to hell...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Did an oil change today. Went to @garageyourself in Miami. Did not want to use my extractor this time. I wanted to look under the car for any leaks etc. My last oil change was 10 000 miles, the oil was dark black.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Did an oil change today. Went to @garageyourself in Miami. Did not want to use my extractor this time. I wanted to look under the car for any leaks etc. My last oil change was 10 000 miles, the oil was dark black.
Just FYI, color alone doesn't mean it's time to change the oil. It just means the oil is doing it's job suspending contaminants. You'd really need to an oil analysis to know if the oil was past it's prime or not.

·
Super Moderator
9,933 Posts
Just FYI, color alone doesn't mean it's time to change the oil. It just means the oil is doing it's job suspending contaminants. You'd really need to an oil analysis to know if the oil was past it's prime or not.
I’ve been asking if members could get their oil analysed but there’s been little response. A pity, because it tells you so much while costing very little.
Engine oil test analysis thread: Had my oil analysed...

·
Registered
784 Posts
I’ve been asking if members could get their oil analysed but there’s been little response. A pity, because it tells you so much while costing very little.
Engine oil test analysis thread: Had my oil analysed...
I didn't even think about it when I had mine done recently, but I'll get a sample done next change (which unfortunately won't be until next year). I've seen some car forums where they have a dedicated oil analysis thread. Might not be a bad idea for one and might give others incentive to do it as well. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
SHE IS HOME!!

here she is on Lee’s truck leaving Alfaworkshop
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Sky

Jamie and the team were great as usual.
They even put up with my whining and crap and still get the job done :)
Lee had a cool day. Here is what he did first thing before mine…

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Cloud

Anyone in my area who needs a car moved Lee is the man. I’ll pass on his details to anyone who needs it. Very grateful, humble and happy.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
SHE IS HOME!!

here she is on Lee’s trucleaving Alfaworkshop
View attachment 121600

Jamie and the team were great as usual.
They even put up with my whining and crap and still get the job done :)
Lee had a cool day. Here is what he did first thing before mine…

View attachment 121601
Anyone in my area who needs a car moved Lee is the man. I’ll pass on his details to anyone who needs it. Very grateful, humble and happy.
Great news you have your car back, is she all fixed? What was the outcome? Any bills?

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Great news you have your car back, is she all fixed? What was the outcome? Any bills?
The clutch and a bushing needed replacing.
Not Alfaworks fault at all but they were very kind indeed. Jamie is a genuinely nice guy.
Just been out in it and honestly, never felt as good. Can’t fault anything.
NOW I can enjoy evaluating my extensive mods!! Autodrome her I come next week :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Garage build out is looking great! 👍😂
Schedule conflicts all summer long Permit process has been dragging out. And the original construction manager left for another opportunity.

Luckily, our estimates have been plummetting because material prices have been dropping to prepandemic levels.

Also in the mean time, my friend with whom I bought this unit has decided to not store anything for the time being. So it's going to be my 4C and my 2005 Corolla among all these supercars.

·
Administrator
17,255 Posts
Took the fight to the Germans ... played hooky from work today and did a track day with Porsche of London.

Car ran flawlessly, whereas several P-cars and a BMW conked out in the late summer heat (32C). Turned some decent lap times considering I’ve barely been to the track this year.

Thanks to @DrPyro2k ’s suggestion, I finally had the balls to run in Race Mode by the final session. No drama, and the car was SOOOOOO much easier to drive smoothly this way. Got a little sideways a few times but just took the opportunity to turn it into a lovely power slide. I don’t know why I was scared of it. Might not do it for the first session of the day or in the wet, but it’s the way forward for sure. Didn’t make a huge difference in lap times yet, but the heat was probably more of an issue by the afternoon anyway. I enjoyed the drive far more this way.

Also (in earlier sessions), took out the event photographer (a 4C fan and Italian, who’s son will be super jealous apparently). Did it under the pretence that he could get some good photos of the Porsches on track and yes we passed quite a few of those cars! :) Also took the dealership’s media manager out for laps. He’s a real car guy too, and enjoyed seeing what the little Alfa could do.

Stopped to buy some local wine on the way home.

Was a great day!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
@4Canada - I had the same feelings that you did. I didn't trust myself enough and I thought that the Dynamic Mode was saving my butt on every corner. You hear so much about how modern car electronics are almost driving the car for you, it does scare you. But once you learn to balance the car, smooth your inputs, get the car dynamics working for you, and trust yourself, going into race mode isn't a big deal. I think I ran with an instructor the first time we switched it off and made the comment that I didn't feel any change... His comment back was "exactly"

Speaking of no big deal, I test drove a full blown track car today. No ABS, No Traction Control, No Power Steering and the power to weight of a Porsche GT3 RS... Just you, the brake peddle, and accelerator. And in less than 10 laps, I was was matching the times I run with the 4C. There is SOOO much more time I can remove off the times with that car, but I really had to calibrate my sense of speed and what I could do in the brake zone and corners. It was a TOTAL blast....

Reactions: MatteoLeuzzi
7061 - 7080 of 7083 Posts