Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
7141 - 7160 of 7190 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Looks good. Have you noticed a reduction in interior noise after installation? I suspect it would work as a sound absorbant compared to the hard surface of that part of the bulkhead. I have also noticed that if you just move your head forward or back there is a difference in the volume of the interior sound depending on where your ears are positioned. I don't have that LARS piece myself.
I haven’t driven it yet to find out, but this was one of the first things I thought too. I fully expect it to. It would have to, compared with that big smooth hard OEM bulkhead that bounces the sound waves. I too noticed the cabin noises also have a dependence on head/ear orientation. You readily get destructive interference.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Looks good. Have you noticed a reduction in interior noise after installation? I suspect it would work as a sound absorbant compared to the hard surface of that part of the bulkhead. I have also noticed that if you just move your head forward or back there is a difference in the volume of the interior sound depending on where your ears are positioned. I don't have that LARS piece myself.
I can report that it is quieter. Not dramatically so (I wouldn't want that anyway) but definitely noticeable. Very nice.

While in the thread of what did we do with the cars today: the U.S. East Coast here is just now seeing its first stretch of cool, dry, fall-like weather, after coming off of e persistent extremely humid late summer. So I did a gorgeous 40 mile country loop, three times today: first on the bicycle, then the motorcycle, and then the car.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Quick inside out wash wheels, noticed a bad alignment.... New fronts ordered for tomorrow and an alignment the day after....
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

• Wow
Reactions: 4Canada

·
Registered
455 Posts
I needed to pick up the 4C from the track today so I ran parts of three sessions while I was there. I rushed out for the last 15 minutes of my first session and accidentally had car in N mode. Over 6 seconds slower than D mode over 2.7 miles.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,357 Posts
Went to a big weekly Cars and Coffee in Shelby, Michigan today. It was the last show for this season. I wasn't certain what to expect having a non-muscle car, vintage American car....and that is what it was billed as. Decided to see if I could get in. As I was walking around checking out various cars a guy came over and introduced him to me and noticed I had my ALFA hat on. He asked if I had one. I said I did and it was here but not certain if it would be welcome. He said that he loves ALFAs and had helped restore a 1967 spider. I told him I had previously owned a 67 GTV SCCA race car and a 69 ALFA spider and now have a 4C. He was very excited and wanted me to show it to him. He said he was known as Doc Hot Rod and one of those in charge of the event. He was retired from GM so I was able to talk to him about my friends that were GM employees including my late father-in-law who had been head of engineering for drive trains a long time ago at the GM Tech Center. There was an MG TD, and a couple of 427 Cobra clones, and of course several Corvettes from C1 to C8s. But no other sports cars. Several people came by to check out my car and nice comments about it. And they said to make sure to bring it back next season. There were some really nice cars there from rat rods to pristine restored stock cars to drag race cars and lots of show quality cars. Michigan is an amazing "Car Disneyland"....there are multiple cars show on nearly every day of the week.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Went to a big weekly Cars and Coffee in Shelby, Michigan today. It was the last show for this season. I wasn't certain what to expect having a non-muscle car, vintage American car....and that is what it was billed as. Decided to see if I could get in.
In Hershey, PA area, Alfa Romeo was invited and encouraged to come out to the Fiat national meeting and the Mopar national meeting. The Mopar boys will give you crossed looks, but then you just have to point to all the Mopar branded parts and watch the cognitive dissonance take over.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Drove it to work and later met my wife, driving her "new" 2019 Stelvio at the monthly Alfa Club dinner meeting. Interesting driving the Stelvio right after getting out of the 4C. Think my next daily driver is going to be a Giulia... Maybe even a QV!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
...The Mopar boys will give you crossed looks, but then you just have to point to all the Mopar branded parts and watch the cognitive dissonance take over.
As noted before, this is one of my Favourite Mopar Parts....right after the Ferrari Rear Trunk Release! :ROFLMAO:
:unsure: will there ever be another 'factory' car that came with oem Viper/Ferrari etc parts?

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,357 Posts
As noted before, this is one of my Favourite Mopar Parts....right after the Ferrari Rear Trunk Release! :ROFLMAO:
:unsure: will there ever be another 'factory' car that came with oem Viper/Ferrari etc parts?

View attachment 121844
I think you would be surprised at how many parts are used on other model/brands. These are supplied by sub contractors and not good idea or cost effective to reinvent the wheel just for a light, bezel, switch, etc. As I recall there was an earlier Forum post that pointed out all the 4C parts that were shared on other cars. This is not new either. My old 1969 ALFA spider had side indicator lights that were same as on a DeTomasso of the same generation.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Finally broke down and paid for membership to my local track. So I went down to the track to do 2 quick sessions. I put on my "old" OEM 18/19 PZero as I haven't used them in well over a year or two, so I wanted to put some wear on them. I forgot just how harsh the 18/19 are compared to the 17/18 when driving on the road. Once on track, I had to learn the hard way that I was WAY WAY to use to the grip of the Falken tires AND just how much extra grip the larger rear tires provide. So after my minor 360 spin, I just played with slip, corrections, oversteer, correction until I had to come home to the family...

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I recently found out a way to mount our 2" receiver bike rack to my Akrapovic exhaust!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Well, not really. I needed a way to get the bike rack and bikes off the garage floor, and made a "hitch" on my lift. 😀

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

I have a two-bike extension coming so I can get all of our summer bikes in the air. I tried using hooks on the ceiling, but modern disc brakes seem to hate being hung upside down.

7141 - 7160 of 7190 Posts