Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
7321 - 7338 of 7338 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,363 Posts
Two other things I need when setting up the quickjack, an old cushion to kneel on and a torch to shine under the car !
Yes, I was going to do the wheel change a few nights ago but looking under the car was impossible in poor light. My torch had a flat battery too. Much better to wait until the rain eased so all I needed was an open garage door to give me enough light to line up the hockey pucks with jacking points.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Today I used the cup-holder. It’s true. And I’m not too ashamed to admit it. I drove the car the one block to my office, just because.
On the way I stopped at my fav cafe, 500 feet in the other direction, and got a chai latte. The cup snugged right into the smaller of the two cup-holders perfectly tightly, and with the snap-on lid and the American-style little sippy opening cap clicked into place it was super squared away. Neither the cup nor the tea went anywhere. I felt like a proper American for once, or an infant with their little spill-proof sippy-cup.

OK. I also learned today that the powder coating place has got my wheels ready and they‘re at Frank Salemi’s Interstate Tire ready to be put on. Have a look at them highlighted right there on the coating place’s home page. Powder Coating | RC Hotcoats | Hunt Valley

I’ll post pics once on the car. It’s enough to make you nuts trying to find just the right heritage shade of bronze, but I‘m happy with what I’m seeing so far In the pics.

Rim Auto part Circle Automotive design Automotive tire

Rim Circle Optometry Art Gas

·
Administrator
17,564 Posts
Put the fun cars away for the winter yesterday. :cry:

It’s been an incredibly short season. Plenty of good times, but I can’t believe it is over already.

The good news is that they all (just) fit into the storage garage. You can’t get a sheet of paper between two of them, or between Alfie’s front bumper and the wall. The bad news is that they are probably there for the next 4-1/2 to 5 months (and have been off the road for several weeks already).

Is it spring yet?
How about now???

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,451 Posts
Went by the shop to put my toll road tags on the 4C and Pantera, there was a heavily modified early Skyline R , right hand drive, it looked pretty nice, you don't see these very often View attachment 123068 View attachment 123069 View attachment 123070 View attachment 123068 View attachment 123069 View attachment 123070
Those Skylines were legendary and now quite desirable. Unfortunately many of them, like this one, are highly modified so that may hurt the collector value. This one was done to a very high standard though it appears. The older cars like this have quite a fan base thanks to JDM show on TV.

·
Super Moderator
10,363 Posts
Put the fun cars away for the winter yesterday. :cry:

It’s been an incredibly short season. Plenty of good times, but I can’t believe it is over already.

Is it spring yet?
How about now???
Yep, almost Summer here, not that you’d know it with the rain and cloud over the past couple of weeks. Definitely no snow though, so there’s a bonus.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Did you get these back on?
nope would require me removing the door card to try get access. bit risky ifi snap a door card holder. didnt wanna try it

·
Premium Member
2018 4c and Stelvio
468 Posts
Got my luggage setup. Figured to use the same manufacturer that sponsors the f1 team, without the crazy markup on the the licensed piece. Got a floyd suitcase and added an alfa badge for a healthy discount. It fits in the trunk too :cool:
Grey Gadget Gas Cameras & optics Rectangle

·
Registered
852 Posts
So are you driving without mirrors? Is this one of those “what’s behind me doesn’t matter” scenarios?
No they screw in without the nut the holes are threaded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
852 Posts

Just finished after several hours. All cutouts have been filled with the mesh what an effort .. haha fitted pic to follow tomorrow once fully cured

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,451 Posts
Yes, I was going to do the wheel change a few nights ago but looking under the car was impossible in poor light. My torch had a flat battery too. Much better to wait until the rain eased so all I needed was an open garage door to give me enough light to line up the hockey pucks with jacking points.
CallMeAl had a great tip......get some contrasting color paint and paint those lift pads. Makes it much easier to find them.

7321 - 7338 of 7338 Posts