Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
7781 - 7800 of 7839 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
WARNING: this post displays scenes of a graphic nature

Got back from a 3-day business trip and decided to drive the 4C to work this morning.

I leave early (6am), so it’s dark….
I come around a dark corner (and I wasn’t even speeding!) and discover an unavoidable branch (big) right in front of me.

All I can do is straddle the hazard and hope for the best…

Well… lots of noise later… “the best” is that my Carbon fiber Koshi front splitter was, well, split. Sigh. View attachment 128100

I guess if there’s a silver lining, it’s that only the splitter was damaged. And it’s currently on sale at Madness…

sigh
Its all part of the experience @TerenceS , A steel plate plate in brooklyn removed one of my zender carbon blades last year without my permission or authority. That cost me about 1200 for a piece of carbon that can fit in carry on luggage.

Low is always sexy until the road shows you different.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Every time I think I'm ready to do something to my cars, a pothole or other hazard jolts me into reality

Reality being that I live in the Midwest, where the winters create potholes and summers cause the pavement to buckle and our roads are mostly flat and straight

I'm starting to realize I do need to get some instruction time on a track and really learn how to drive this car as intended.

·
Registered
2018 Rosso Competizione 4C Spider, 2019 Rosso Competizione Giulia Quadrifoglio
209 Posts
Its all part of the experience @TerenceS , A steel plate plate in brooklyn removed one of my zender carbon blades last year without my permission or authority. That cost me about 1200 for a piece of carbon that can fit in carry on luggage.

Thanks @lars, I figured it was bound to happen sooner or later…

@MADNESSAutoworks didn’t have the splitter in stock (thanks to our 4Cs being so rare), but they were kind enough to put a rush order in. :). I continue to be impressed by their service.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I cheated on my Lia, my 4C, this weekend. Even took my side piece to the same places.

What if she finds out? I'll tell her they were recon runs to ensure I know all the roads were fixed up nice after the winter -- that they were gravel free, chemical free, and pothole free. I did it for her. It wasn't as special. Sure I get to be more intimate with the gearbox, and there's footplay involved, but... but... she'll understand -- right?!

She'll understand. She'll believe I just made some recon runs.

Train Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
2017 Black Coupe
28 Posts
I cheated on my Lia, my 4C, this weekend. Even took my side piece to the same places.

What if she finds out? I'll tell her they were recon runs to ensure I know all the roads were fixed up nice after the winter -- that they were gravel free, chemical free, and pothole free. I did it for her. It wasn't as special. Sure I get to be more intimate with the gearbox, and there's footplay involved, but... but... she'll understand -- right?!

She'll understand. She'll believe I just made some recon runs.

View attachment 128278
View attachment 128279
She’ll understand. Maybe she even had her own little adventure in the meantime. With your girlfriend.

·
Registered
362 Posts
This is directed to Alfanut in OZ, went to the shop today and looked over the Paul Smart Ducati, which looks brand new, here are some additional photos, a really pretty bike , looking on the web it appears to have appreciated from it's list price quite a bit. I would love to have one. View attachment 128159 View attachment 128160 View attachment 128161 View attachment 128162 View attachment 128163 View attachment 128164 View attachment 128165 View attachment 128166 View attachment 128167 View attachment 128168
Went by a friend's warehouse today where he works on numerous projects, mainly a 1954 Packard straight 8 two door coupe. He also had a1979 Moto Guzzi 850 LeMans
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

that I thought Alfanut would enjoy seeing

·
Super Moderator
11,547 Posts

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Went by a friend's warehouse today where he works on numerous projects, mainly a 1954 Packard straight 8 two door coupe. He also had a1979 Moto Guzzi 850 LeMans
that I thought Alfanut would enjoy seeing
I hereby suggest and recommend that @John74Berlina create a dedicated thread for visits to the shops where such awesome projects and vehicles result in great pictures and stories.

It would be awesome to see it all in one place.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I installed the Powerflex engine mount bushing, Inokinetic Lift Kit and my Alfaworks ECU. I haven't tried lifting the car at that point yet but the engine mount bushing and ECU are awesome improvements.

I also finally got this programmed (shout out to @lars for going with my idea). This along with wireless Carplay on the Joying unit makes driving the car so much more convenient.

LED lights for the interior are on the way.

Car Vehicle Automotive design Automotive mirror Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I installed the Powerflex engine mount bushing, Inokinetic Lift Kit and my Alfaworks ECU. I haven't tried lifting the car at that point yet but the engine mount bushing and ECU are awesome improvements.

I also finally got this programmed (shout out to @lars for going with my idea). This along with wireless Carplay on the Joying unit makes driving the car so much more convenient.

LED lights for the interior are on the way.

View attachment 128400
Thank you sir, i installed a garage door opener to his new alcantara headliner, my but was puckering when i made that cut. Glad it worked out. Looks great nice and solid

7781 - 7800 of 7839 Posts