Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
7801 - 7820 of 7839 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Then be prepared for the "it's not a QV" comments.

Honestly, I could not give a flying you-know-what about what others think of my ideas or my tastes.

If anyone is dumb enough to confuse that with a Ferrari shield, well, their opinion isn't worth shit anyhow, so why are you wasting your time talking to them???

Your car, your rules. If it does not make you happy anymore, remove it.

Maybe it is time to buy a Volvo.
Love the moose badge.

Regarding the quad badge, people who say that it isn’t a QV just put them in their place as those are the people whose identity is their car and can’t get laid without it, probably can’t get laid anyways. Let’s face it the Guilia Quad is a really great car but you know those guys wish it looked like a 4C, and on the side of an SUV?

Most of you know that badging is not exclusive to the Guilia or Stelvio, 4-leaf-clover-in-triangle has appeared on many Alfas with and without that “Quad” designation and of course on hundreds of Alfa race cars from factory to le mons weekend racers. As you also probably know that appeared in the 1930’s on Alfa race cars as a good luck charm and in recent history has appeared on “lowly” Guiliettas (the new variety that used the 4C engine), 164Q, Milano Verde, Spider Quad (not exactly a fast car that one), GTV6 Balacco and Maratonas (purely decal and/or body kit), and the C-pillar of GTV 2000, probably other official uses as well. It has also shown up on the backside of my old GTV6, on the windshield of my cousin’s 57 spider veloce (full patina original paint still looks good with some crazing, better than yet another garage queen restoration), etc.

It is like using the name GTAm for the new Guilia, a cool car but that is an iconic name that never appeared on anything but a legendary Alfa race car.

So for anybody who wants to put a quad badge on their car, I say go for it as an Alfa good luck charm. If you have balls and actual driving skill, put an Autodelta sticker on your car. Think I will go get a couple of quad badges or stickers for my baby, and for the ass end of my automatic Milano (top speed, GPS measured 127mph!).

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just drove it….all day. Clocked up >500km. Fun.
I couldn’t make it to PA this morning but just got a nice drive in with the non-quad 4C🍀.

re71’s are back on after a winter of GMAX all-seasons, makes everything come alive (215/45-17 and 245/40-18 on factory wheels). The re71 were a bit unruly on the stock alignment last year, all over the road versus the OEM pirellis and I had to run 23/26lbs to settle it down. Now have alignment re-done, no blocks, 8 shims each side, a “sheet of paper” inside zero toe. Quite stable on 26/29 lbs and over 110mph (still dances a bit but feels just right).

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I couldn’t make it to PA this morning but just got a nice drive in with the non-quad 4C🙂.

17/18 re71’s are back on after a winter of GMAX all-seasons, makes everything come alive. The re71 were a bit unruly on the stock alignment last year, all over the road versus the OEM pirellis. I had to run 23/26lbs to settle it down. Now have alignment re-done, no blocks, 8 shims each side, a “sheet of paper” inside zero toe. Quite stable on 26/29 lbs and over 110mph (still dances a bit but feels just right).
Are you coming on the 14th?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
To avoid duplication of posts, here's the link to what we got up to yesterday:
Is that still allowed on the what did we do today page?
Cheers,
Alf.

Reactions: alfa1105

·
Super Moderator
11,547 Posts
To avoid duplication of posts, here's the link to what we got up to yesterday:
Is that still allowed on the what did we do today page?
Cheers,
Alf.
Our yesterday is their today. So it’s still today somewhere in the world even though it was yesterday.😁👍 At least that made sense to me when I typed it. 😄

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
My 4C has been under the knife for quite awhile at Scuderia 110 . @AlfaNY a.k.a. Harri put a lot of hours into my car between maintenance and upgrades- if i forget to mention any services performed please fill in the blanks Harri .
Race transmission mount
Stainless brake line and flush
Hood seal
Bolt tightening
Race blocks
Oil change
Spark plugs
Timing belt ,water pump and tensioner
Stage 3 euro-compulsion tune
Scara inter-cooler
cat-less down pipe /mid pipe

To top that off i changed my seats for the third time to a classic diamond stitched pattern in suede (stronger thicker and more durable than alcantara ) as well as my rear bulk head cover in matching format only this time i eliminated the rear window view because of the DVR rear view mirror system i have which gives me a real time video feed as i drive . With the Pogea hood you cant see out of that thing anyway . The car took some time to adjust but now i can really see the difference , the transmission mount is a must . The shift become super crisp and seem faster . After the race blocks an alignment was needed and that really transformed the way the car feels especially with the pilot sport cup 2's . According to my girl my car now shoots fire that's visible even during the day time . im excited to see it myself . i feel i may have lost a little low end torque due to the open free flowing exhaust however I'm hitting over 100 in 4th gear which i honestly cant remember doing before .The car is loud however but amazing , from 1k to 2k rpms not so much but anything beyond that its a symphony . Not sure whats next for the car , maybe a bigger turbo one day but probably not . Its enough now .Below are some pics that Harri took during tear down as well as a shot of the seats .I highly recommend using @AlfaNY , normally i worry when cars are in the hands of mechanics , however its not something i have to worry about until he retires . He is currently refreshing my BMW as we speak .

Guys im running a mothers day console special please see the classified section under Lars mothers day special ****************transform your car today and get rid of the plastic
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Hood Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Electrical wiring Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Automotive tire Hood

Attachments

7801 - 7820 of 7839 Posts