37 Posts
There was quite a few things you forgot, ☺

Oil change
All charge piping was upgraded (Scara)
Brake flush
TCM calibration
Coolant flush
All fabrication for the down pipe and cooler setup
The DP was also nicely wrapped (see attached picture)

And approximately rethreading 15 plus inserts in the monocoque due corrosion. Plus the little tinkering all around the car 🧐

It is was and it is my pleasure to be working on your little "shit box" 😂

Soon we'll upgrade your coolant reservoir.. I'm working on a template to make a billet one.

-Harri

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts

Oil change
Brake flush
TCM calibration
Coolant flush

And approximately rethreading 15 plus inserts in the monocoque due corrosion. Plus the little tinkering all around the car 🧐

Soon we'll upgrade your coolant reservoir.. I'm working on a template to make a billet one.

-Harri
I'm pretty sure you could sell quite a few billet coolant reservoir tanks to forum members, I would be down for one.

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
Car seems to be settling on the coilovers nicely. I may adjust a bit more (not much lower I can adjust the rear without new springs) but I’m overall happy with it. I am not trying to slam it. It’s already settled 5mm front and 7mm rear after a hard drive last night. I’d take 1-2mm more front / rear and call it a day

Really pleased with the dynamic change more than anything. Car no longer becomes unsettled over any road undulation, highway expansion joint, etc. I pushed it hard on a twisty road for a bit last night and it feels very planted, more secure overall.

Still getting used to it but no complaints thus far.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Yes the car is very dirty. Been too busy to clean it lately, lol.

·
Administrator
18,504 Posts
Car seems to be settling on the coilovers nicely. I may adjust a bit more (not much lower I can adjust the rear without new springs) but I’m overall happy with it. I am not trying to slam it. It’s already settled 5mm front and 7mm rear after a hard drive last night. I’d take 1-2mm more front / rear and call it a day

Really pleased with the dynamic change more than anything. Car no longer becomes unsettled over any road undulation, highway expansion joint, etc. I pushed it hard on a twisty road for a bit last night and it feels very planted, more secure overall.

View attachment 128877

Looks nice.
What product?

·
Super Moderator
11,547 Posts

View attachment 128877

Looks sweet to me, John…Love the wheels.

·
Registered
2015 Spyder
50 Posts
I had the 5 year (or so ) recommended bolt tightening service completed. The car has been tracked by me on 3 occasions and I am assuming the previous owner may also have tracked it occasionally. The rattles and creeks one deals with in a carbon fiber intensive vehicle are always noticeable and sometimes irritating, particularly after hitting a large pothole:oops:. I have to say the "tightness" of the vehicle seems to be enhanced and it is definitely "quieter" and just feels a bit more stiff. I will say I am surprised the service, which may seem a bit superfluous is as noticeable in a good way as it is. FYI for my 4C brothers (and sisters?).

·
Super Moderator
11,547 Posts
I had the 5 year (or so ) recommended bolt tightening service completed. The car has been tracked by me on 3 occasions and I am assuming the previous owner may also have tracked it occasionally. The rattles and creeks one deals with in a carbon fiber intensive vehicle are always noticeable and sometimes irritating, particularly after hitting a large pothole:oops:. I have to say the "tightness" of the vehicle seems to be enhanced and it is definitely "quieter" and just feels a bit more stiff. I will say I am surprised the service, which may seem a bit superfluous is as noticeable in a good way as it is. FYI for my 4C brothers (and sisters?).
I notice the same thing when it’s done. 👍

·
Premium Member
2016 4C Spider Giallo Prototipo
75 Posts
Previous owner on mine must not have been driving it hard enough as when I did bolt tightening everything was within spec. We'll see how it goes after some trackwork.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts

Oil change
Brake flush
TCM calibration
Coolant flush

-Harri
Always nice to have someone of your skill set contributing to car forums. Wish I had access to you with my upcoming service.

7821 - 7839 of 7839 Posts