Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
8021 - 8040 of 8097 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,898 Posts
Left them in the garage while I did 2 hours of lawn mowing and 5 hours weed whacking - which is only one side of the driveway and the front fence, or about 10% of the weed eating on the farm!!!). I miss driving my 4C.
There’s a coincidence, I did the mowing and some weeding on Sunday afternoon too. Doing some raking of leaves from the elm and oak trees today to finish the tidying up. Hopefully the 4C will get a run some time this week but the weather is turning a little miserable again. I might put my newly painted wheels onto my 4C. Pro tip: Don’t ask me for advice on wheel colour…🙄😢

·
Administrator
18,681 Posts
There’s a coincidence, I did the mowing and some weeding on Sunday afternoon too. Doing some raking of leaves from the elm and oak trees today to finish the tidying up. Hopefully the 4C will get a run some time this week but the weather is turning a little miserable again. I might put my newly painted wheels onto my 4C. Pro tip: Don’t ask me for advice on wheel colour…🙄😢
I bet it’s not as bad as you’re implying. Looking forward to seeing them.
Moreover, it’s a fun car to drive, even on pink wheels. ;)

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,739 Posts
Went to the Michigan Eyes on Design annual event today. Couple of other 4C Forum buddies also although we didn't bring our 4Cs to minimize congestion. One of my buddies and Forum member and 4C LE owner has a Caterham and a Porsche 935 that were displayed. His Porsche 935 is in the picture behind the Formula 1 Lotus. About 250 cars displayed....lots of famous Indianapolis cars from the very earliest days to more recent....a bunch of CanAm racers like AVS Shadows and Jim Hall's Chaparrals...Hall was one of the honored people as was Pete Brock. There were a couple of Ford Daytona GTs and all the versions of the Ford GT including the Lola that fathered the Ford GT design.

Cadillac just announced a week ago that they will have a Hypercar to run in next years endurance events...Sebring and LeMans. Hypercar is the new class that combines electric motors and gas motors. If you watched this year's running of LeMans last week the Toyota Hypercars came in 1st and 2nd overall. There were three other Hypercars entered and this evidently is going to be a big class next year. The chassis on this spec series are by Dalara (same company that designed our 4C tubs), and the motor and batteries are specified so they are all the same. The gas ICE is open choice of the builder. Cadillac decided to show their new car for the first time at this event. You can see lots of the angular styling cues from regular Cadillacs. With the black CF color the first thing that many mentioned was it reminded them of the Batmobile ;-) You may notice the lack of any huge rear spoiler. I understand that by fiddling with aero passing through and under the car they can eliminate an external spoiler and still get incredible down force without the drag of a wing. Will be interesting to see how close the final version is to this prototype.
Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Super Moderator
11,898 Posts
I need to scrub in the Cup 2’s before the arrival of my Intrax’s so the newly coloured wheels will have to go on soon…Gotta find a red nose for it to complete the look. 😂 🤔😢

·
Registered
184 Posts
I do love the bright wheels on my Giulia 😍 but they do show the brake dust more and against the white on my 4C I’m torn between the dark or the bright wheels. 🤔
Premise: tastes are personal.
I like the 5-hole rims in silver color on my 4C coupè Madreperla white.
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

In the garage I also have the spoked ones (of the Spider model) in anthracite: the color that I personally love for this type of model. If I ever have to install them on my car one day, it will probably be when I decide to customize the 5-hole rims.
On my Gtv V6 Turbo I only had the edges of the holes and the rim polished to a mirror finish (see photos).
Tire Wheel Light Automotive tire Tread

Automotive tire Light Synthetic rubber Tread Wheel

I could think of doing this work on the 4C rims too...🤔

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks
Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
👆
... the "real" version of events: your wife was following you 🕶 in the Audi. She caught you with your clandestine lover💃
In your photo: the 4C and the Audi abandoned on the side of the road.
What you don't see in the photo:
You & your clandestine lover being chased in the fields by your wife🤛🏻😡
😜🤣

• Haha
Reactions: smc4C and tibby

·
Super Moderator
11,898 Posts
👆
... the "real" version of events: your wife was following you 🕶 in the Audi. She caught you with your clandestine lover💃
😜🤣
Someone has a fantasy…😉😂

·
Administrator
18,681 Posts
👆
😜🤣
Wait. So the 4C ran out of gas? Or they didn’t know they were being followed?
:D

·
Registered
184 Posts
…But sorry…would you go for a ride in the 4C with your wife in tow (with the family sedan) ?!?

• Haha
Reactions: Alfanut

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yes, “the men of the Brand Identity” can't decide whether to leave the 🍀 stem where it has always been or move it to the right...🤣
View attachment 129993
View attachment 129994
Pending their final decision...let's enjoy our Alfa👍
Those (at least the pic below) predate 2015, so...moot point.

Modern merchandising for example:

But hey, you can even glue it upside down if you want...

8021 - 8040 of 8097 Posts