Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big Alfa and Lotus fan, but until they bring the new Exige/Elise design in the US, I'm seriously considering the Superlite SLC. I know it's a kit car, but GODDAMN that's the closet thing you can buy that is street legal and looks like a machine build for LeMans.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm a big Alfa and Lotus fan, but until they bring the new Exige/Elise design in the US, I'm seriously considering the Superlite SLC. I know it's a kit car, but GODDAMN that's the closet thing you can buy that is street legal and looks like a machine build for LeMans.

It looks very fast.
What specs does it have?

·
Registered
77 Posts
The SLC is neat, but if I'm going to be spending $100k on a kit car, I don't want exposed rivets on the windows and headlamps. The SLC and Ultima have similar ethos, it's just the Ultima looks like a $100k car, while the SLC looks like a $40k car.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
GTR has Noble behind it, but the SLC is sweet.

Execution and ongoing support and enjoyment come down to your garage and tools or a mechanic that is more of a partner than a merchant.

With the time and space to inch over either one and make it a passion, both are going to deliver.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Also has set most worlds records for street capable car.
I few years ago I saw two of these in L.A. .There was a Coupe and an Open cockpit model. Built like something that belongs on the Track. To say I was impressed is an understatement. All would be well, if I won the lottery.

·
Registered
246 Posts
They look great, but I would definitely not attempt assembling one myself. I had one of the early SLR cars ordered, and paid for, but the excuses started piling up as soon as the money cleared. Fran is a nice guy (mostly), but he is always a bit overwhelmed and seems to choose bling over substance. Of the two cars discussed, I think the Ultima is a more well engineered design. Fran (RCR) favors making everything out of billet aluminum for that blingy, custom look, but I doubt the car would do well in a serious accident. What is the cost of a used Mosler these days? That car has it all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts