Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,699 Posts
Hi @Call me All: ...

Take care!

PS: how do I get a name with spaces (like Tom's) in an @ reference?
Start typing the @username and a drop-down will appear. Choose his name.
Pro Tip: if you have punctuation like a comma (you used a semi-colon), put a space between the callout name and the punctuation mark or it will lose the callout.

·
Super Moderator
14,699 Posts
@Call me Al it is nice to see her again. Amazing how un-damaged the car looks, considering it's mainly plastic! It appears to have less heat damage than some of those Texas cars. (OK, maybe not really).

How's the Stelvio Q treating you? Did you get the snows mounted? Or are you just going to slide through winter and practice your rally driving like Valteri Bottas does in the off season? :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just seeing this. Mine caught fire in Sept of last year. Never tracked. Mine was a "pop" sound and then fire and smoke. Took a total of 10 min to burn to the ground. The thinking was it was fuel related.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,056 Posts
Did you ever find out what the cause was? Assume that you got another 4C from your post.....or are you talking about another brand car with a turbo?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you ever find out what the cause was? Assume that you got another 4C from your post.....or are you talking about another brand car with a turbo?
there was nothing left of the car. Ins believes it was fuel delivery related based on the observations.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,056 Posts
Sad that you lost your car ;-( I have heard of other brands going up in flames also but rare for 4C. I know CallMeAl's car burned up but that was a highly modified race car so a different cause.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
NEED WRECKED in the front 4C Spider ASAP!
Insurance company just called wanting to give me my car back finally!
I need a wrecked Spider to put in the same shop as my burned up car to build one good one and then I have a lot of spare parts for people.
Anybody hear of one in the US?
Don’t wreck one but look for one please.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,056 Posts
NEED WRECKED in the front 4C Spider ASAP!
Insurance company just called wanting to give me my car back finally!
I need a wrecked Spider to put in the same shop as my burned up car to build one good one and then I have a lot of spare parts for people.
Anybody hear of one in the US?
Don’t wreck one but look for one please.
Great!! Since you probably have more free time now with the Corona Virus shut down, now would be a great time to start the project.

I would think there may be some good deals coming on some perfectly good cars now that some owners are hitting on financial problems due to the Corona Virus. Not wanting to take advantage of bad times but......
I haven't heard of any crashed spiders but you may want to check some of the cars that get written off due to moderate damage by insurance companies. I remember a member posted about deals like that but don't recall the details. There was one guy in the US that was buying a couple of those cars and restoring them although they would not have a clear title as undamaged so the value would be less for resale. But for your purpose as a race car it would make no difference.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Great!! Since you probably have more free time now with the Corona Virus shut down, now would be a great time to start the project.

I would think there may be some good deals coming on some perfectly good cars now that some owners are hitting on financial problems due to the Corona Virus. Not wanting to take advantage of bad times but......
I haven't heard of any crashed spiders but you may want to check some of the cars that get written off due to moderate damage by insurance companies. I remember a member posted about deals like that but don't recall the details. There was one guy in the US that was buying a couple of those cars and restoring them although they would not have a clear title as undamaged so the value would be less for resale. But for your purpose as a race car it would make no difference.
Maybe so! Right how low is the lowest price for like a high mileage rough shape but running and maybe never wrecked spider do you think? Could be one with a blown motor transmission ETC!
Or maybe one with some crazy rap and mods like that purple one. Maybe one that no one wants to buy it because of the color or mods

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Yes thanks Philster
I believe the plea here is for a ''wrecked-in-the-front 4C'' -- i.e., a 4C that has front end damage.
yes thanks Philster.
Wrecked in the front would be ideal.
But it actually could be wrecked anywhere as long as the carbon tub is not damaged. And it has to be running or at least not burnt up and unfixable. But it could have a blown motor or blown transmission anything!
And eventually I’ll have that fire hardened carbon fiber tub stripped bare.
What am I going to do it?
The ultimate man cave wall decoration?
Or maybe I was thinking about making some Dune buggy or rad rod vehicle i’m thinking limiting the top speed at like 90mph. I’m guessing I would survive a total carbon tub crack in half failure up to that speed.
I would feel more safe driving around in it if I could see the carbon fiber tub cracking before it goes!
Chances are it’s probably way strong enough!

·
Registered
138 Posts
You might get one of the lighter weight chassis cars imported for a race car... I would if I were you!

Best of luck to you, I enjoy seeing your pictures and reading your adventures with the car out at the track!

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
It’s alive!!! Sort of!
Decided to pull out my burnt up Anti-gravity lithium battery out of my burnt up 4C.
My mechanic buddy looked at it and said it’s not even worth your time it’s all melted and has a hole in the case. I told him I don’t care take it out it might work I need a new battery for my riding lawnmower and that would be perfect. So he laughs at me and takes it out and then we test the between the terminals to make sure it’s not shorted. It’s not shorted so we put it on the charger low amperage everything looks good we crank it up to higher amperage and leave it for like 15 min.
Remember it’s been unused for over a year and was in a fire for 25 minutes. And it’s also a crispy critter!!
But the damn thing comes back to life!!
I charged it up some more put it in my lawnmower and I’ve never heard that lawnmower crank over so fast!
I’m going to send some pictures to antigravity maybe they’ll give me a free one!
I am tempted to put their full-size 60 amp battery in my Giuila QV and save 40 pounds!!! But the Giuila uses about 60 A just when you turn on the key! LOL
The 4C is so much much simpler!
FYI still looking for that wrecked 4C!
Almost had one in Florida at an auction.

·
Registered
751 Posts
It’s alive!!! Sort of!
Decided to pull out my burnt up Anti-gravity lithium battery out of my burnt up 4C.
My mechanic buddy looked at it and said it’s not even worth your time it’s all melted and has a hole in the case. I told him I don’t care take it out it might work I need a new battery for my riding lawnmower and that would be perfect. So he laughs at me and takes it out and then we test the between the terminals to make sure it’s not shorted. It’s not shorted so we put it on the charger low amperage everything looks good we crank it up to higher amperage and leave it for like 15 min.
Remember it’s been unused for over a year and was in a fire for 25 minutes. And it’s also a crispy critter!!
But the damn thing comes back to life!!
I charged it up some more put it in my lawnmower and I’ve never heard that lawnmower crank over so fast!
I’m going to send some pictures to antigravity maybe they’ll give me a free one!
I am tempted to put their full-size 60 amp battery in my Giuila QV and save 40 pounds!!! But the Giuila uses about 60 A just when you turn on the key! LOL
The 4C is so much much simpler!
FYI still looking for that wrecked 4C!
Almost had one in Florida at an auction. View attachment 106353 View attachment 106354 View attachment 106355
Ok I'm biting.....Battery model type please :p

41 - 60 of 101 Posts