Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
81 - 100 of 132 Posts
Discussion starter · #85 ·
Tracking with new Italian Ragazzon exhaust.
This Alfa V6 motor sounds good! And I’m getting some carbon fiber intakes that will change the other end of motor. Roar!!!
Oh those pesky 911s in fast est group of HOD event!
Funny the Alfie and a track Suby dominate!

Love it. The exhaust sounds terrific also. Do you think it will pass dB limits on those tracks that have limits? There is something so cool about having a sleeper car....I can imagine what is going through the heads of those 911 drivers ...first as they passed you as you came on track....and later as you went by them o_O🤬(y)
How is the limited slip differential working out? Is it the same as on the Giuila Qs. I know some had an issue of it stopping working when really pushed after a few laps. The Stelvio Q is AWD isn't it? How is it working for tracking?

Discussion starter · #87 · (Edited)
Love it. The exhaust sounds terrific also. Do you think it will pass dB limits on those tracks that have limits? There is something so cool about having a sleeper car....I can imagine what is going through the heads of those 911 drivers ...first as they passed you as you came on track....and later as you went by them o_O🤬(y)
How is the limited slip differential working out? Is it the same as on the Giuila Qs. I know some had an issue of it stopping working when really pushed after a few laps. The Stelvio Q is AWD isn't it? How is it working for tracking?
Glad you like video.
One of the benefits of the all-wheel-drive system is less stress on the rear differential. I think I’ve overheated it once but that was a long hot session.
I think I could do 95DB day in race mode or advanced mode with the exhaust valve open as long as I knew where to be quiet on the track. If I have to go to a quieter place and that I could put it in the quiet valve position but I’d have to jam the valve temporarily to keep it like that in Race mode. It’s not one of those really loud exhausts. It’s just about perfect for me. If I had gone catless definitely would’ve been too loud and then they stink a bit. This is a DD after all!
Yes part of the fun is driving the Stelvio QV is the reactions you get.
Porsche drivers came up to me and said things like “damn that’s fast “ and “well I’ve never had anything like that happen before“.
You can almost hear their jaws drop when you blow past them!
I really think I am good at modding cars now that I stop before trying to change turbochargers LOL.
I set up this car just right!
I also have to take some credit for my driving I think I’ve gotten really good. My laptimes keep going lower and lower and I never even come close to going off even two wheels anymore, very consistent and confident even driving 9/10s.
There’s one more video from the day with their best driver in the green GT3RS he tried so hard LOL.
And I was having problems with the car going out of race mode even and that’s why it took me a little longer to catch him.
he was the leader of a group of cars there in the fastest driver among them. Afterwords he really didn’t want to talk to me but he broke down and did he was very nice. Said I was a really good driver when he was following me he said it look like I was going to go off but then I just kept going from good driving. It was nice to hear.
Because the car is a high heavy SUV and with little aerodynamics wiggles around a bit more than a low sportscar and also it’s more noticeable because it’s taller and bigger. So at times it wiggles a bit because it’s so heavy and higher that’s the best you are going to get.
I’m comfortable driving it like that because I practiced a lot sliding around on purpose in the rain practice corrections and make the car become part of my body.
The more I track the more I understand how absolutely important that is not only for being a faster driver but also being much safer at the track. Many drivers are comfortable with corrections and it shows. One of the guys I was talking to had totaled a 911 not long ago and i’ve seen the video and yesterday he was talking to me about it and it was so obvious what he did wrong.
Something simple like not knowing to trail brake before over dips to preload suspension and weight tires and not being good at corrections can have big consequences! The motor of the 911 just kept going straight into the hill and the body went up totally detached motor from car. Luckily he went straight off no one was hurt. See video

Stelivio vs the fastest GT3RS

ORP 911 wreck:

Discussion starter · #88 ·
Giving up on trying to buy a wrecked 4C!
There’s not many around and in the few auctions I they seemed to be rigged with price is going for a way higher than a should!
Last one was a white coupe that went for over $23,000 that had front end damage at least front bumper maybe frame! I looked and saw a used one with only a few more miles for $33,000 that was running with no problems. The wrecked one with auction fees and everything would’ve been $25,000! Who in the hell would pay $8,000 less to have a car with a damaged title and about that much in repairs plus the risk!!
I think these auctions are just scams with artificially inflated prices.
So now I’m looking for a used running basalt gray Spider that’s running and I’m willing to pay more. Actually even if the motor is not running that would be OK I guess.
If anybody hears of one let me know please.
In the meantime I’m having a lot of fun with my Stelvio and my widebody Giuila will be done in about a week I’ll post some videos of that.
Just took the Stelvio to a couple new tracks last weekend that SUV car is amazing. I would never guess that I’m keeping up with Audi R8s and 911s or passing them in an SUV Bahaha Fast laptimes!!!
PIR 1:25 laptimes!
Pacific raceway 1:33 flat laptimes!

Nice to hear from you, Call Me Al. Phew, I thought for a moment you were giving up looking for a 4C, PERIOD! Glad it’s just only for a wrecked one. It shouldn’t be too long before a suitable one in running condition pops up. Good luck.

Nice to hear from you, Call Me Al. Phew, I thought for a moment you were giving up looking for a 4C, PERIOD! Glad it’s just only for a wrecked one. It shouldn’t be too long before a suitable one in running condition pops up. Good luck.
I'm betting he will end up with another very 'decent/good' copy and will use the other one for transplant and extra parts......'just sayin'..:LOL:

Discussion starter · #92 ·
Yeah I miss the lightweight Alfa for sure. Thinking now that I can handle the heavy cars well when I get back in the lightweight 4C I’m going to be in heaven!
My dream is to have all three of the modern Alfas all modded proper to be fastest examples of these Alfa models anywhere. Might be a 2/3 there when widebody is done in 1 week. Really sure my widebody Giuila QV will be way faster than the GTA or GTAm models since I’ll have more power and much bigger tires.
Plans for the 4C are running along getting the 4C motor modded to be just like the Giulietta 350 HP motor along with having a Sadev sequential transmission made for it.
A 4C with 3 pedals! I always wanted a track car with a sequential Yeahaw!
And with 350 hp I won’t have to worry about getting divebombed in the straightaways anymore.
If you can imagine it you can make it happen!

Discussion starter · #95 ·
Hey you were in my neck of the woods. I'm about 20 minutes from Pacific Raceway. Did a couple of laps there myself.
It was my first time there and I was very impressed. I understand the back straightaway through the woods it was all redone and used to be very bumpy. Now it’s very smooth but It’s still a very scary track doing 150mph and with all those concrete walls around on the front straightaway when it uses the part of the dragstrip. The words of the day there is don’t lift!
I stuck around for the next day and took my Stelvio QV to the dragstrip event.
Just messing around I did 11.70
Here’s video

So glad you are flying the ALFA flag for all the models (well soon again for the 4C) and letting other brands know we are to be noticed. You should get some backing from ALFA.....you probably have "sold" several cars for them with your tracking.

Discussion starter · #99 ·
Call me Al, why not import one with the lighter chassis? Since it’s a race car you should be ok. The US dollar is pretty strong right now!
That is a possibility I’m thinking about when could make it easier to get the car as I want it.
But I am hoping to keep it street legal and that wouldn’t work for that.

That is a possibility I’m thinking about when could make it easier to get the car as I want it.
But I am hoping to keep it street legal and that wouldn’t work for that.
Oh that’s right, street legal, almost forgot. I tend to get greedy for weight with track and race cars. That reduced chassis weight would be really nice. But probably just about impossible to register, and at that point prototype and formula race cars start to look more interesting anyway.

Do you have any interest in wheel to wheel, or is it all going to be HPDE/time trials? If the latter, you might also check into hill climbs. Pikes Peak would be a lot of fun for instance! Also it would be a riot to do a travel year or include an international destination every few years. Run down Mount Panorama, Spa, and the ring as well as the best US tracks over a few years.

I want to try wheel to wheel racing and can’t travel much in the next few years due to young kids, so although the Alfa would be more fun than my 986 Boxster I would be a lot more upset if it gets banged up. That tells me I probably don’t want to race wheel to wheel in a 4C right now. Spec Boxster it is!

81 - 100 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.