Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
101 - 120 of 132 Posts
Discussion starter · #102 ·
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Basalt Grey for sale
With a heavy heart I have decided to sell my 4C. I tried hard to find a donor car to put the two of them together and make my car the glorious 4C it was again but fate stepped in and showed me a different path.
I’m going to put a post in the classifieds but I wanted everyone to know why.
Several reasons: I didn’t come across a Basalt Grey 4C Spider for sale quickly. And then I decided and learned that any 4C would work with the paint change even a coupe.
But the main reason is my driving has gotten better and I’m just pushing production cars past what they were designed to do. I remember when I got my Giuila QV how nice it was that I wasn’t constantly having the gas pedal floored when tracking because of all that extra power. But then I modded that car with more power and huge tires with my widebody I put on it and now I’m doing scorching fast lap times but I’m flooring the car again. My widebody mod turned out to be so nice and I ended up getting some ground clearance and I am really enjoying just driving it on the street. And I was thinking about getting a track only car anyway. Other benefits of track only is having a roll cage and racing seats and harnesses.... and a sequential transmission. Hey I even get a third pedal LOL.
Destiny stepped in when I was at Laguna Seca a few weeks ago. I was on a big trucking trip with my widebody Giulia QV had a couple great tracking days at ORP a local track to me and then got down to Thunderhill in CA which was a brand new track for me and I was literally killing it I couldn’t believe how fast my car was but on my 13th lap my car just stopped running it only had about 10% power and I just limped back to the paddock. We tried to figure it out but gave up and just put the car in the trailer and decided to go to the rest of my trip just to have some fun. I had to skip Sonoma (love that track) then went to Laguna Seca where I was scheduled for three days and decided to see if I could rent a car. Amazingly I found a guy selling a 2005 Lotus Elise Cup car for an amazing low $20K price that has spent his whole life racing. so he brought it to me at the track and I took it out there my first time driving this car and I’m in A group so I’m out there with these animal cars with really good drivers in my 190 HP Lotus. The car had a few problems with the transmission I wasn’t used to it it was really hot and I’m thrown out there on the track with the fastest people it was pretty fun! I actually kind of live for challenges like this. Anyway I ended up kicking ass and passing people in cars 20 times the price of my Lotus! But I only drove it one day because it was making all kinds of rattling noises and wouldn’t stay in 4th gear. it’s funny we just took the car apart and found out that the pressure plate was in pieces the transmission had had a clutch grenade in it at one time you could see holes in the bell housing and the clutch slave cylinder was leaking. So I was out there with this thing shaking and vibrating like crap and I didn’t think it was anything unusual just “race car”. So glad I didn’t go out the second day LOL. Too funny!
Also when I was down at Laguna I made a connection with Radical NW as I’ve been thinking about getting one of the four-cylinder models and I found out they are releasing a show car they have at a great price it’s never really been driven just travel around the country is the top-of-the-line show car. It’s a Radical Rapture it’s just 350 HP, 320 torque and only weighs 1675 pounds. Quaife sequential transmission and everything I wanted. It is even street legal if I want to license it!
So I decided to pull the trigger on that one too.
It’s funny the trip turned out to be super depressing being all the way down there with no car to drive but the promoters like me and gave me most of my money back and I was able to drive that one day and then make these great connections. And the problem with my Giuila QV I was just a one dollar fuse that one buried in the engine in some weird place looks like I might have a intermittent wiring harness problem or something. I tracked the car since then and it worked OK but when it gets hot from hard tracking it pops the fuse again.
So obviously with two nice track only cars I don’t really have room or time for the 4C project.
That 4C car of mine when it was all finished (before I got greedy and changed the turbocharger and caused the fire) was just about perfect you could drive it on the street driving on the track had decent ground clearance yet it looked low it was amazing!!!
I’m hoping someone will buy the whole car and all the parts for me and make the car like mine was. So I’m going to list it as The car as it is, a spare motor, all kinds of wheels but I think I’ll sell the gold HRE wheels separately because they’re so expensive.
I think it would be pretty easy to make a fantastic car out of this just find a used 4C for a good price or maybe even a wrecked one in the front and then just swap off the parts. That was my plan anyway.
I have so many parts!! Even brand new parts like headlights in the boxes, A brand new bumper, a limited slip deferential never installed.
Plus the car itself is pretty decked out with a 8 inch subwoofer huge stereo, Racerlogic Vbox tracking camera and data, about 16 wheels total, those carbon fiber Sparco seats that cost $3000 each and so much more!!
I hope the right person gets it and brings the beauty back to life! This car is so fast at the track and yet so streetable! Huge head turner!
I’m still a huge Alfa guy with my Giuila and Stelvio. In fact I’m taking my Stelvio widebody on the Gold Rush Rally this year! They’ll be about $25 million worth of super hyper cars at my restaurant in Coeur d’Alene Idaho on September 25 between 5 and 9 PM if anybody wants to come say hello and see the Widebody Giulia that will be all decked out in Gold Rush Rally decals and in the rally. you can also say hello to me and actually the 4C is just a couple miles away if someone wanted to see it.
I’ll post a classified ad coming up. it’s just a heads up if anybody is interested PM me. You might be surprised the price will be pretty low if someone wants it all. But if you’re just looking for parts wait for the classified ad.
The condition of the car:
The car burned for like 20 minutes around the engine area with water being squirted out all the time so it never really got that hot so the interior is perfectly fine as is the whole front of the car. The back quarterpanels are a little toasty I can be saved maybe even the rear bumper. Because it was hot for so long I don’t think anybody should try to fix this car plus all the wires and hoses are all melted in the carbon fiber tub tunnel where the fire stayed. amazingly the carbon fiber tub looks pretty good there’s no real visible damage other than just on the outside towards the back but who knows if it lost any strength.

So really someone should just take all the great modded parts and good stock parts off the car and put it on another one. I thought the carbon fiber tub itself maybe with those amazing seats would be good for some type of race simulator? Or the ultimate gearhead art piece LOL

There are some amazing people on this forum I’m sure I’m hoping to stay in touch with them and stay friends!

Attachments

2015 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Basalt Grey for sale
With a heavy heart I have decided to sell my 4C. I tried hard to find a donor car to put the two of them together and make my car the glorious 4C it was again but fate stepped in and showed me a different path.
I’m going to put a post in the classifieds but I wanted everyone to know why.
Several reasons: I didn’t come across a Basalt Grey 4C Spider for sale quickly. And then I decided and learned that any 4C would work with the paint change even a coupe.
But the main reason is my driving has gotten better and I’m just pushing production cars past what they were designed to do. I remember when I got my Giuila QV how nice it was that I wasn’t constantly having the gas pedal floored when tracking because of all that extra power. But then I modded that car with more power and huge tires with my widebody I put on it and now I’m doing scorching fast lap times but I’m flooring the car again. My widebody mod turned out to be so nice and I ended up getting some ground clearance and I am really enjoying just driving it on the street. And I was thinking about getting a track only car anyway. Other benefits of track only is having a roll cage and racing seats and harnesses.... and a sequential transmission. Hey I even get a third pedal LOL.
Destiny stepped in when I was at Laguna Seca a few weeks ago. I was on a big trucking trip with my widebody Giulia QV had a couple great tracking days at ORP a local track to me and then got down to Thunderhill in CA which was a brand new track for me and I was literally killing it I couldn’t believe how fast my car was but on my 13th lap my car just stopped running it only had about 10% power and I just limped back to the paddock. We tried to figure it out but gave up and just put the car in the trailer and decided to go to the rest of my trip just to have some fun. I had to skip Sonoma (love that track) then went to Laguna Seca where I was scheduled for three days and decided to see if I could rent a car. Amazingly I found a guy selling a 2005 Lotus Elise Cup car for an amazing low $20K price that has spent his whole life racing. so he brought it to me at the track and I took it out there my first time driving this car and I’m in A group so I’m out there with these animal cars with really good drivers in my 190 HP Lotus. The car had a few problems with the transmission I wasn’t used to it it was really hot and I’m thrown out there on the track with the fastest people it was pretty fun! I actually kind of live for challenges like this. Anyway I ended up kicking ass and passing people in cars 20 times the price of my Lotus! But I only drove it one day because it was making all kinds of rattling noises and wouldn’t stay in 4th gear. it’s funny we just took the car apart and found out that the pressure plate was in pieces the transmission had had a clutch grenade in it at one time you could see holes in the bell housing and the clutch slave cylinder was leaking. So I was out there with this thing shaking and vibrating like crap and I didn’t think it was anything unusual just “race car”. So glad I didn’t go out the second day LOL. Too funny!
Also when I was down at Laguna I made a connection with Radical NW as I’ve been thinking about getting one of the four-cylinder models and I found out they are releasing a show car they have at a great price it’s never really been driven just travel around the country is the top-of-the-line show car. It’s a Radical Rapture it’s just 350 HP, 320 torque and only weighs 1675 pounds. Quaife sequential transmission and everything I wanted. It is even street legal if I want to license it!
So I decided to pull the trigger on that one too.
It’s funny the trip turned out to be super depressing being all the way down there with no car to drive but the promoters like me and gave me most of my money back and I was able to drive that one day and then make these great connections. And the problem with my Giuila QV I was just a one dollar fuse that one buried in the engine in some weird place looks like I might have a intermittent wiring harness problem or something. I tracked the car since then and it worked OK but when it gets hot from hard tracking it pops the fuse again.
So obviously with two nice track only cars I don’t really have room or time for the 4C project.
That 4C car of mine when it was all finished (before I got greedy and changed the turbocharger and caused the fire) was just about perfect you could drive it on the street driving on the track had decent ground clearance yet it looked low it was amazing!!!
I’m hoping someone will buy the whole car and all the parts for me and make the car like mine was. So I’m going to list it as The car as it is, a spare motor, all kinds of wheels but I think I’ll sell the gold HRE wheels separately because they’re so expensive.
I think it would be pretty easy to make a fantastic car out of this just find a used 4C for a good price or maybe even a wrecked one in the front and then just swap off the parts. That was my plan anyway.
I have so many parts!! Even brand new parts like headlights in the boxes, A brand new bumper, a limited slip deferential never installed.
Plus the car itself is pretty decked out with a 8 inch subwoofer huge stereo, Racerlogic Vbox tracking camera and data, about 16 wheels total, those carbon fiber Sparco seats that cost $3000 each and so much more!!
I hope the right person gets it and brings the beauty back to life! This car is so fast at the track and yet so streetable! Huge head turner!
I’m still a huge Alfa guy with my Giuila and Stelvio. In fact I’m taking my Stelvio widebody on the Gold Rush Rally this year! They’ll be about $25 million worth of super hyper cars at my restaurant in Coeur d’Alene Idaho on September 25 between 5 and 9 PM if anybody wants to come say hello and see the Widebody Giulia that will be all decked out in Gold Rush Rally decals and in the rally. you can also say hello to me and actually the 4C is just a couple miles away if someone wanted to see it.
I’ll post a classified ad coming up. it’s just a heads up if anybody is interested PM me. You might be surprised the price will be pretty low if someone wants it all. But if you’re just looking for parts wait for the classified ad.
The condition of the car:
The car burned for like 20 minutes around the engine area with water being squirted out all the time so it never really got that hot so the interior is perfectly fine as is the whole front of the car. The back quarterpanels are a little toasty I can be saved maybe even the rear bumper. Because it was hot for so long I don’t think anybody should try to fix this car plus all the wires and hoses are all melted in the carbon fiber tub tunnel where the fire stayed. amazingly the carbon fiber tub looks pretty good there’s no real visible damage other than just on the outside towards the back but who knows if it lost any strength.

So really someone should just take all the great modded parts and good stock parts off the car and put it on another one. I thought the carbon fiber tub itself maybe with those amazing seats would be good for some type of race simulator? Or the ultimate gearhead art piece LOL

There are some amazing people on this forum I’m sure I’m hoping to stay in touch with them and stay friends!
View attachment 109584 View attachment 109586 View attachment 109587 View attachment 109588 View attachment 109589 View attachment 109590
View attachment 109593 View attachment 109594
Good move with the Radical, Tom. Thanks for all you’ve posted and done. Still keep posting here about the Radical. That thing has serious aero. Stay shiny side up. Any diagnosis of the Giulia? Cheers.

Discussion starter · #104 ·
Good move with the Radical, Tom. Thanks for all you’ve posted and done. Still keep posting here about the Radical. That thing has serious aero. Stay shiny side up. Any diagnosis of the Giulia? Cheers.
Thanks people like you in the admin’s on this page are what make it so nice and special!
Yeah Giuila problem was only a simple fuse but a weird one in the engine compartment. It only pops when I get the car really hot on the track so they’re looking at it.
I’ll let you know my thoughts on the Radical it’s gonna take some learning!!
I’ll also post my thoughts on my Lotus it’s very similar to the 4C. It doesn’t have the Italian looks but it’s got some neat features like for example the entire underneath is completely flat and all hoses, wires and everything are on the inside so they’re not exposed to the elements at all.
And it’s been around for so long that there’s lots of vendors that sell incredible mods. You can get up to 350+ wheel horsepower on pump gas and install a Quaife sequential transmission for a quite good low price and have it all very reliable. And it only weighs 1800 pounds so it would be ridiculous fast. I might just do that to have a production car that’s a madman too.
Lightweight cars is the way to go!!
I even found some cool and reasonably priced lightweight trailers for them to be stored in like a garage or take it to the track if I don’t take my big trailer. Serpent Express Hardtops only 1850 pounds for a trailer with 18 foot bed.

Thanks people like you in the admin’s on this page are what make it so nice and special!
Yeah Giuila problem was only a simple fuse but a weird one in the engine compartment. It only pops when I get the car really hot on the track so they’re looking at it.
I’ll let you know my thoughts on the Radical it’s gonna take some learning!!
I’ll also post my thoughts on my Lotus it’s very similar to the 4C. It doesn’t have the Italian looks but it’s got some neat features like for example the entire underneath is completely flat and all hoses, wires and everything are on the inside so they’re not exposed to the elements at all.
And it’s been around for so long that there’s lots of vendors that sell incredible mods. You can get up to 350+ wheel horsepower on pump gas and install a Quaife sequential transmission for a quite good low price and have it all very reliable. And it only weighs 1800 pounds so it would be ridiculous fast. I might just do that to have a production car that’s a madman too.
Lightweight cars is the way to go!!
I even found some cool and reasonably priced lightweight trailers for them to be stored in like a garage or take it to the track if I don’t take my big trailer. Serpent Express Hardtops only 1850 pounds for a trailer with 18 foot bed. View attachment 109595
I drove a basic Radical at Highlands, Cromwell, New Zealand a couple of years ago. The aero is a whole other world. Only one session and I couldn’t get myself to have faith in the aero. It’s a huge step up from mechanical grip. Definitely something to learn with an instructor. I reckon when/if you do overstep the mark it’ll happen really quickly.

@Call me Al - Enjoy that Radical. The newest one I think is the way to go with that Ford Ecoboost engine and not a modified motorcycle engine. Hopefully it will last more than 100 hours between rebuilds. I have a few buddies that have the SR3, but they can be a handful and require a lot of maintenance.

I share our home track with a guy in an SR3. Wicked fast. There's nobody behind you and all of a sudden, out of nowhere, there's this blue thing right up your arse.
But Dr.P is right - they spend a lot of time in the pits with the engine cover off of it. I didn't know if that was just his, or typical of the car or an engine.

Call me Al, I wish you lots of fun and success with it, and your other Alfas. Hope you can sell the 4C in one piece rather than going through the pain of parting it out. I'd love to help, but really cannot afford it. Nor do I have the room. But if it comes down to selling some of the extra parts, I might be game. Would be nice to have a piece of your car on mine, for luck. I still rock Tallinn's wheels every chance that I get!

Do stop by and keep us updated on your adventures!!!!

Discussion starter · #109 ·
Oh my I got a lot of interest please go to the classified section to look at a bunch of photos I just posted and some new information.
If you’re interested then contact me through p.m.
I think the best purchaser would be someone who has some cash and some time and wants to make a monster car out of their car and then just have a whole bunch of parts left over to sell at market value over time.
I’m quite sure they would get all their money back for the extra parts they sell and have the car and all the parts they needed for free or almost free.
I would love to see a car all decked out like mine with a splitter in the front in the big wing on the back and those big HRE gold wheels. The car was like that for about a year and I’ve got to tell you on the track and also on road trips it was amazing!!! I should not have changed the turbo!!!!

Going to miss your 4C adventures for sure. I figure it was just a matter of time before you got a dedicated race car. You may remember in some of our first conversations I said that after converting a 67 ALFA GTV into a SCCA B/S race car in the '70s, I realized a dedicated spec type car would be a LOT easier to deal with since we were only a two person team. I can't tell you how many hours went into that car for every race for maintenance and race preparation.
I hope someone takes your car and it comes back to life in a race car again. You really pushed the limits of what could be done with a 4C.
Do keep in touch with your adventures. Even if it isn't a 4C I want to follow your Giulia and Stelvio track adventures. I am subscribed to your Youtube posts so will keep in touch there.

Discussion starter · #113 ·
So I have some solid offers and I think tonight we will see who buys car. One person backed out because they thought I lived in Washington DC lol
Just so it’s clear it’s the eastern portion of Washington state Spokane WA.
I really want to sell all the parts to one person I’m sure that they will turn around and piecemeal parts out so even if you miss out on it you still have a second chance from whoever buys it from me I just don’t have time to part it out sorry. I keep finding all kinds of extra stuff like the car cover, charger and more wheels and tires LOL
Anybody that has cash and wants to buy the car and pick it up quickly I would put your offer in tonight.

Discussion starter · #114 ·
I received a nonrefundable deposit today The rest of the money wired tomorrow so looks like the car and all the parts is sold.
He is a nice man from back East he’s flying in with and then running a pick up truck with a trailer hitch and I’m actually selling him a car trailer so he’ll pull it all back himself.
I’m going to tell him about this forum and give him some names of people that wanted him individual parts. I believe he has a 4C and is it going to make it like mine looks which would be nice.
He is scheduled to come this weekend after I know what his plans are I’ll post something and maybe his contact information.
Sorry I just don’t have time to piecemeal all this stuff i’ve got a whole lot of things going on!
I wouldn’t be surprised if I get another 4C someday. but I don’t think I would track it that hard I’ve discovered that tracking modern production cars at a high-level really pushes your luck with expensive parts.
In the meantime I’m tracking a car very hard now that’s very similar to the 4C my 2005 Lotus Elise. On its maiden voyage last weekend at ORP it went amazingly fast and brought back the warm memories of the lightweight 4C.
My gosh consumables are so much less than my Giuila QV or any other heavy modern sports car for that matter!
Tracking lightweight cars are where it’s at for sure... i’ve gone full circle now and I’m back!
I’ve also discovered you can be a real terror-asser in the Lotus too. Here’s a video from last weekend blowing up a top end V8 Radical and even a GT2RS with only 190 hp😂 Also a photo of my $20K Lotus next to my friends $200k Radical RXC GT Road and I’m faster😂
My god that thing is like a spaceship!!

Discussion starter · #115 · (Edited)
I’ve enjoyed you all so much I’d like to invite anyone that’s available to possibly meet me, my widebody Giulia QV and about $25 million worth of hyper and supercars that’s at an event I’m hosting on Friday, September 25th in Coeur d’Alene Idaho between the hours of 5 PM and 9 PM.
I am closing my restaurant that evening to serve a special dinner for all the drivers of the Gold Rush Rally GR2020. I will be in the rally representing Alfa with my Giuila QV widebody and all the fun rally cars will be parked in my Thai Bamboo Restaurant parking lot and at Dave Smith Alfa Maserati dealership right across the street with whom I am partnering with.
I’ve done this before and about 10,000 people showed up it’s quite the scene!! These are very expensive high-level cars and they’re all tricked up even more and all they have the Gold Rush Rally stickers all over them. The drivers are very nice and open a Cards up to let kids go inside and take pictures and stuff.
If you’re going to come for sure PM me and I’ll look for you and get you some food.
You’ll also be able to see my new Radical Rapture in person. I went for their other street legal version which is about 800 pounds lighter at 1680 lbs yet still had 360hp 320tq. It has the Ford eco-boost 2231CI 4 cylinder motor. I was lucky to get their show car which is all decked out with all the options and a colorful theme and also at a discount.

I hope you convince the new owner to join the 4C Forum if they aren't already here. We would love to follow the ongoing saga of your car once it is reborn. A bit out of my way for the Gold Rush event for me to attend but have a blast. I know you had a blast when your car was in it a couple of years back. Also looking forward to your adventures with the Radical.....that will help take your driving skills to the next level.....and you have lots of seat time on different tracks and that is probably the most important tool of all. Keep the rubber side down!

Congrats on the sale!
Ah, the memories of when I did rallies like goldrush, gumballs, transcontinental, bullrun, and M fest (2004-2008)... its kinda funny ppl still on the suicide squad "joker" theme. Brett did a great job taking a sharpie to the gallardo so long ago for exposure but I'm sure people can be original again.
Thai Bamboo, I am coming your way as soon as its perfectly safe to travel, as Spokane/Coeur D'Alene is a possible summer place for me. What plate do you recommend Al(pls post a pic!)? Hopefully, my 4c (and maybe 2023 spider MC20 replacement) will be a regular there!

I’ve enjoyed you all so much I’d like to invite anyone that’s available to possibly meet me, my widebody Giulia QV and about $25 million worth of hyper and supercars that’s at an event I’m hosting on Friday, September 25th in Coeur d’Alene Idaho between the hours of 5 PM and 9 PM.
I am closing my restaurant that evening to serve a special dinner for all the drivers of the Gold Rush Rally GR2020. I will be in the rally representing Alfa with my Giuila QV widebody and all the fun rally cars will be parked in my Thai Bamboo Restaurant parking lot and at Dave Smith Alfa Maserati dealership right across the street with whom I am partnering with.
I’ve done this before and about 10,000 people showed up it’s quite the scene!! These are very expensive high-level cars and they’re all tricked up even more and all they have the Gold Rush Rally stickers all over them. The drivers are very nice and open a Cards up to let kids go inside and take pictures and stuff.
If you’re going to come for sure PM me and I’ll look for you and get you some food.
You’ll also be able to see my new Radical Rapture in person. I went for their other street legal version which is about 800 pounds lighter at 1680 lbs yet still had 360hp 320tq. It has the Ford eco-boost 2231CI 4 cylinder motor. I was lucky to get their show car which is all decked out with all the options and a colorful theme and also at a discount. View attachment 109751 View attachment 109750
View attachment 109749 View attachment 109743 View attachment 109744 View attachment 109745 View attachment 109746 View attachment 109747
View attachment 109748
Would love to Tom, but they won’t let us out of the country, just like they won’t let any non-citizens in at the moment. One day....

Discussion starter · #120 · (Edited)
So my beloved 4C is gone. The new owner came and picked it up yesterday he actually bought a car trailer I was selling to and we barely fit all the parts in his truck and car trailer !
A nice guy who bought it. He says he’s going to take all the great parts off to make himself a 4C super car and then sell the rest at an auction. I told him to become a member of the forum but I don’t know if he will I know he’s on the 4C Fanatics Facebook page.
Mixed feelings but I was so glad to get rid of so much stuff I had taking up space.
I have a 2005 track only Lotus Elise I just went tracking in yesterday and I’m really loving getting back to the lightweight car feeling. That car reminds me of tracking in the 4C.
And I also have my Giuila widebody for occasional tracking but mostly enjoying on the street.
I don’t think I’ll be buying another 4C. I had it for a long time and enjoyed it thoroughly so maybe time to move on but the main reason is I feel like I just brought it’s successor.
Yesterday I put my deposit down on a Maserati MC20 flat white color with blue calipers and blue interior just like this one so I need to make room. But I won’t have it for about 9 months. That will be my new super 4C and I can’t wait ti get it. And The icing on the cake I won’t have to mod it!!! But I do have to pay the initial price.
When I get it I’ll put a post in here about it. I feel it’s going to be similar to the 4C with the carbon fiber tub like a 6 C if that was made. The MC20 is only 700 pounds heavier. I know that’s a lot but to have a V6 motor, a lot of fancy electronics, larger interior and a large trunk it’s actually quite a bit lighter than its competition.
At 3240lbs, 621hp, 538tq and 200mph+ it should be a real rocket!
I’m impressed how they got all that downforce by channeling the air underneath the car instead of over top of it. Keeps it nice and clean looking like the 4C.
I may have some small extra 4C parts spread around that I couldn’t get out in time if things show up I’ll put it in classified.
Ciao! But I’ll still be around checking in😃

101 - 120 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.