Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Alfa Romeo 4C is one of the most beautiful cars I seen in a long time!

What happened to the production model's headlights? They look terrible!

They look alien and completely destroy the line on the hood! How on earth was this ever approved?

Alfa - please change the headlights back to what we saw on the 4C Concept!!!!

Compare the pictures below:

These first 2 pictures are of the newly released 4C at the Geneva show:

Now look at the 4C Concept at Concorso dElegance Villa dEste in May 2012

These are the headlights Alfa should have used!!

·
Administrator
587 Posts
jpkeyzer said:
What happened to the production model's headlights? They look terrible!
I have a few thoughts.

• Perhaps there was a problem with the supplier for the headlights, and this headlight solution was cobbled together at the last minute. It does seem odd that the LED headlights occupy a space shaped for a traditional headlight unit. If these headlights were part of the design brief from the beginning, then shouldn't the bodywork be closer conforming? Or perhaps the traditional housing shape is the point, in order to make the new technology more acceptable to our current notions of automotive design aesthetics.
  • Aftermarket vendors should address this common criticism, although an aftermarket headlight unit will certainly be very expensive.
  • I predict that Alfa Romeo will address the headlights for the facelift of the design.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Would be terrible for those of us who purchase a launch edition to then have Alfa change headlights back to how they were supposed to be.

·
Registered
23 Posts
CAlexio said:
Would be terrible for those of us who purchase a launch edition to then have Alfa change headlights back to how they were supposed to be.
Agreed! There had to be a reason...albeit not worthy of simply doing what it takes to make it right..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts