Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i drive around im noticing something here in new york , i figured we could have some fun with it ....in my opinion BMW M cars attract the biggest douche bag drivers, it seriously never fails and in a close second infinity ......

So share who you think in your opinion what car make attracts the biggest D**ks on the road

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have found out we are to blame for other people's driving. My car makes drivers do the most stupid things.

Also around here the truck drivers are beserk, huge lorries carrying limestone speeding around bends, I often see them loose rocks onto the carriageway and they don't give a f#ck. I know people have had dents all over their car from these nutters.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
In the 4C, the d-bag mode is triggered in any dude who is driving some family vehicle or boring vehicle. When I am in my daily driver, these guys are just guys, but in the 4C, they are triggered. We all know what it looks like when they drive too close, too fast, block merge attempts, etc.

In any other car I drive, the d-bags are women in SUVs. They are a scourge upon the earth. They plow through neighborhoods and parking lots and hurry to get to meaningless places to buy meaningless shit all day long and are most often actively distracted behind the wheel.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Based on living in NYC (so NJ, NY and CT driving) + Detroit metro:
1. Infinity drivers - especially with blacked out windows and/or smoked lights
2. Pickup trucks
3. Audi drivers
4. Ford Escapes and similar (smaller SUVs)

Above is for a-hole factor, idiotic driving, dangerous driving, etc, not necessarily skill level.

My skill level / ability to drive list would be a bit different as I find luxury SUVs to have terrible drivers (Lexus, Cadillac, Mercedes, Audi SUVs) but hard to tell if it is pure lack of skill or lack of skill combined with what seems like permanent cell-phone-screen-staring affliction... I think the latter... very dangerous but not in the aggressive way of the first list... probably makes me angrier because if feels like this group is growing wayyy too quickly.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Oh and I just realized I don't own any of the examples I listed :) ... pretty close to buying an Audi soon though. So no bias!

·
Registered
172 Posts
In the 4C, the d-bag mode is triggered in any dude who is driving some family vehicle or boring vehicle. When I am in my daily driver, these guys are just guys, but in the 4C, they are triggered. We all know what it looks like when they drive too close, too fast, block merge attempts, etc.

In any other car I drive, the d-bags are women in SUVs. They are a scourge upon the earth. They plow through neighborhoods and parking lots and hurry to get to meaningless places to buy meaningless shit all day long and are most often actively distracted behind the wheel.
The SUV behavior in parking lots if insane and drives both me and (thankfully!) my wife nuts. Often the same people who form petitions to add speed humps to streets making my life a pain (even though I only "open it up" in non-residential areas), are the same ones I see driving with their eyes glued to their cell phone while there are kids around on bikes etc. Maddening.

The really strange thing however is that when I drive the 4C I actually don't see many triggered people around my area. Detroit is filled with car enthusiasts so that may be part of it but before moving here I had assumed my foreign cars would be less welcome. Turns out I was wrong - overall the biggest danger I run is when people follow too closely to take photos, etc. Though admittedly I have only put a few hundred miles on the car so far...

·
Registered
633 Posts
i find the drivers with the darkest window tint to be the biggest a$$holes. there seems to be a direct correlation with the darker the tint, the worst the driver. doesn't matter what vehicle, large or small. to all dark window driver, just because we can't see your face gives you no right to drive like a a$$hole. we and the police still see your car and your license plate.

·
Registered
241 Posts
As a former BMW M3 (E46) owner, I take offense to this thread... :p Just kidding.

I will say, I had more people 'give me the bird' when I owned the M3. I do think people just have pre-conceived notions that all BMW drivers are buttheads and therefore go out of their way to be nasty to them even if they haven't done anything (cut them off on the road, not let them merge when needed, etc).

·
Super Moderator
13,533 Posts
Apparently, if you are a driver of any of the above-mentioned marques and are reading this, the answer is "Alfa Romeo".

Hate to stereotype. Especially when you're labelling people as the title suggests, based on the car they drive (and the undeniable fact that other people who drive that same brand are, indeed, a-holes). Problem is, that description is valid for a disturbingly large percentage of the earth's population no matter if or what they drive - a demographic that seems to be growing at an alarming rate.

·
Super Moderator
3,458 Posts
Agree with Detroit Dave here in Michigan...most people here are car nuts and don't see any evidence of anti foreign car snobbery. But BMWs do seem to be an issue as far as rude behavior. I also notice they seem to be the cars driving too fast for conditions and weaving in and out of lanes constantly.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts